brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Also peep game

fragrantica.jpg

Them folks at Fragrantica are known for their "politics".

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That's prolly why lol. When the decant cost is prohibitive, I'll grab a clone ASAP
I mean he said a few times that he gets the OG bottle of the fragrance he's about to clone but maybe he grabbed a couple of decants like me and pulled it off.. Never smelled the OG Valiant but his version smells damn good.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Best Overall: Parfums De Marley Herod

Best Long Lasting Tobacco: Mancera Red Tobacco

Best Whiskey Tobacco Cologne: Tom Ford Tobacco Oud

Best Sweet Tobacco Cologne: CK One Shock

Best Leather Tobacco: O'Boticario Coffee Man

Best Cherry Tobacco: Kilian Back to Black

Best Smelling Tobacco: Diptyque Volutes

Best Sandalwood Tobacco: Davidoff Cool Water

@WIA20XX @Remote Thoughts? Disagreements? How many on this list do you have or tried? 🤔

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

@WIA20XX @Remote Thoughts? Disagreements? How many on this list do you have or tried? 🤔
I only own a decant of Herod out of that list, so I can't speak.

Tobacco scents that I have are

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford
Herod by Parfums de Marly
Filosofia by Day Three

I would be interested in sampling Volutes by Diptyque.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Interesting list.

Agree with Red Tobacco and Tobacco Oud.

Haven't put my nose on Ck One Shock (been meaning to get) or O'Boticario Coffee Man (never heard of it, but it's mostly a coffee scent based on my quick google search)

Herod - I love it, best? I dunno. Best PDM for sure (for me at least, but I can see an argument for Layton and Layton Exclusif). Good gateway into Tobacco scents and Niche perfumery.

Back to Black - Didn't like this at first, now one of my faves.. I don't think of it as a cherry tobacco. Red Tobacco is a cherry tobacco in my mind. But I think I need to take a trip to smoke shop.

Volutes - FOH. No, just no. The Tobacco is faint...

Cool Water - That has tobacco in it? I guess it does.

I have ~90 Tobacco scents, and these are the ones to sample
  1. Mancera - Red Tobacco - strong AF - I don't like it, but it's talked about so much, I suggest folks get a small sample of it.
  2. Xerjoff - Naxos - honey - I smell way more honey than tobacco, so I don't like it, but everyone loves it.
  3. BVLGARI - Man in Black - Tobacco and rum and some florals, good for office work
  4. Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille - sweet and spicy tobacco. I even love the clones of this.
  5. Tom Ford - Tobacco Oud - a strong tobacco with oud, but not a stank oud
  6. Le Labo - Tabac 28 - wet leaf tobacco, very expensive
    1. Royal Crown - Habanos - also a wet leaf tobacco
  7. Serge Lutens - Chergui - tobacco and hay - very interesting.
  8. Akro - Smoke - outdoor BBQ is what I smell. I can't get enough of this tbh, but it's divisive.
  9. Amouage - Royal Tobacco - Incense and Tobacco - out of all of the high dollar joints I have, this smells rich.
  10. Phaedon - Tabac Rouge - in the same vein as Tobacco Vanille, but different. I think it's pretty slept on among people that like Tobacco.
  11. House of Mammoth - The Tobacconist - a strong and interesting tobacco, not very popular
  12. Aaron Terrence Hughes - Tabac - Instant classic the second I smelled it. and it's strong and long lasting. It's like a Tobacco Vanille and Tobacco Oud got together.
  13. Vilhelm Parfumerie - The Oud Affair - another good one, not sure how to frame it
  14. Something from Beaufort London - this is very English brand, some what shipyard, somewhat Industrial. They have at least 4 good ones - but they've got tobacco but don't smell like typical tobacco. I can't decide, but out of the 7-9 scents they offer, I think I have 5, and all 5 were bangers. This is for cats that like T-Rex, Dark Lord, Fahrenheit, and those types of "challenging" colognes.
  15. Commes de Garcon - Copper - wet pennies and tobacco - it's an odd pairing, so odd I kept trying to get whiffs of it
  16. Byron Parfums - Black Dragon - Black Dragon is a type of cigar, definitely peep.
I own full bottles of TV, TO, Smoke, and the Tobacconist. I've got so much cologne, I'm not really compelled to grab more full bottles, but if I did I'd cop most of the things on this list.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WIA just reminded me that I want to get a sample of Triumph of Bacchus by Argos.
I don't know if the Tobacco is driving the scent but I'm curious how it smells overall.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I only own a decant of Herod out of that list, so I can't speak.

Tobacco scents that I have are

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford
Herod by Parfums de Marly
Filosofia by Day Three

I would be interested in sampling Volutes by Diptyque.

Well now YOU know what YOU need to do with them taxes :mjlit:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
WIA just reminded me that I want to get a sample of Triumph of Bacchus by Argos.
I don't know if the Tobacco is driving the scent but I'm curious how it smells overall.

I been looking at that joint for a minute, but the peach note throws me off.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I been looking at that joint for a minute, but the peach note throws me off.
It's probably too sweet, but you don't know until you try.

That Tabac 28...I keep hearing about it but is it true that you can only get it in Miami? I have family near there so I could probably get it if I loved it. I just find it hard to believe a fragrance would only sell locally.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Interesting list.

Agree with Red Tobacco and Tobacco Oud.

Haven't put my nose on Ck One Shock (been meaning to get) or O'Boticario Coffee Man (never heard of it, but it's mostly a coffee scent based on my quick google search)

Herod - I love it, best? I dunno. Best PDM for sure (for me at least, but I can see an argument for Layton and Layton Exclusif). Good gateway into Tobacco scents and Niche perfumery.

Back to Black - Didn't like this at first, now one of my faves.. I don't think of it as a cherry tobacco. Red Tobacco is a cherry tobacco in my mind. But I think I need to take a trip to smoke shop.

Volutes - FOH. No, just no. The Tobacco is faint...

Cool Water - That has tobacco in it? I guess it does.

I have ~90 Tobacco scents, and these are the ones to sample
  1. Mancera - Red Tobacco - strong AF - I don't like it, but it's talked about so much, I suggest folks get a small sample of it.
  2. Xerjoff - Naxos - honey - I smell way more honey than tobacco, so I don't like it, but everyone loves it.
  3. BVLGARI - Man in Black - Tobacco and rum and some florals, good for office work
  4. Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille - sweet and spicy tobacco. I even love the clones of this.
  5. Tom Ford - Tobacco Oud - a strong tobacco with oud, but not a stank oud
  6. Le Labo- Tabac 28 - wet leaf tobacco, very expensive
    1. Royal Crown - Habanos - also a wet leaf tobacco
  7. Serge Lutens - Chergui - tobacco and hay - very interesting.
  8. Akro - Smoke - outdoor BBQ is what I smell. I can't get enough of this tbh, but it's divisive.
  9. Amouage - Royal Tobacco - Incense and Tobacco - out of all of the high dollar joints I have, this smells rich.
  10. Phaedon - Tabac Rouge - in the same vein as Tobacco Vanille, but different. I think it's pretty slept on among people that like Tobacco.
  11. House of Mammoth - The Tobacconist - a strong and interesting tobacco, not very popular
  12. Aaron Terrence Hughes - Tabac - Instant classic the second I smelled it. and it's strong and long lasting. It's like a Tobacco Vanille and Tobacco Oud got together.
  13. Vilhelm Parfumerie - The Oud Affair - another good one, not sure how to frame it
  14. Something from Beaufort London - this is very English brand, some what shipyard, somewhat Industrial. They have at least 4 good ones - but they've got tobacco but don't smell like typical tobacco. I can't decide, but out of the 7-9 scents they offer, I think I have 5, and all 5 were bangers. This is for cats that like T-Rex, Dark Lord, Fahrenheit, and those types of "challenging" colognes.
  15. Commes de Garcon - Copper - wet pennies and tobacco - it's an odd pairing, so odd I kept trying to get whiffs of it
  16. Byron Parfums - Black Dragon - Black Dragon is a type of cigar, definitely peep.
I own full bottles of TV, TO, Smoke, and the Tobacconist. I've got so much cologne, I'm not really compelled to grab more full bottles, but if I did I'd cop most of the things on this list.

lebron-james-wow.gif

Well now clearly I must increase my spending habits to even get to a fraction of what's going on in your posts. I mean, it's not my fault yanno? Them be the rules :lupe:

It's funny tho, cuz out of the ones on the original list, I think the Mancera Red one was the one that I want to try most after a quick lookup. That apple note in their has me intrigued real bad.

Also wouldn't mind getting my nose on that CK One Shock. Don't be hearing a lot of people talking about CK like that fr anymore but it seems interesting.