brehs lets talk cologne game

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I like to buy Black-owned brands, but I'm late to the party this time. I definitely need to check out some of The Taliaferro's fragrances. The presentation is dope, the prices are excellent, and the frags all get positive reviews online. I think I want to buy bottles of B.E.D, The Wood, & Reparations for myself, and Cloud 9 for my lady.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
faithdecant.jpg

This is blended masterfully but still not paying $800. I have to admit on paper I thought it was just good not great but I sprayed it on skin and the transition is nuts. The opening of florals, orange, saffron, and nutmeg are blended so smoothly. Rose and more florals in the mid with the aquatic notes, vanilla, and sandalwood on the dry down. The potency reminds me of Megamere with the aquatic notes but this is doing so much more. As I said I wouldn't buy a full bottle, but now I understand why some would.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like to buy Black-owned brands, but I'm late to the party this time. I definitely need to check out some of The Taliaferro's fragrances. The presentation is dope, the prices are excellent, and the frags all get positive reviews online. I think I want to buy bottles of B.E.D, The Wood, & Reparations for myself, and Cloud 9 for my lady.

Chris Collins is a black owned brand. Apparently really good. But I haven't sampled yet. I heard it's expensive.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Chris Collins is a black owned brand. Apparently really good. But I haven't sampled yet. I heard it's expensive.
I saw that Chris Collins fragrances are expensive. We need some expensive luxury brands, I guess. I'd rather buy expensive Black brands than to support overpriced brands like Gucci that don't respect my Black dollar.
That being said, I love the fact that a lot of the Black-owned fragrance/lifestyle brands I've seen operate in the niche frag space but still try to keep their prices somewhat affordable. To me, that's dope. I just wish that more of us knew how good the Black fragrance houses really are.

GentMan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
faithdecant.jpg

This is blended masterfully but still not paying $800. I have to admit on paper I thought it was just good not great but I sprayed it on skin and the transition is nuts. The opening of florals, orange, saffron, and nutmeg are blended so smoothly. Rose and more florals in the mid with the aquatic notes, vanilla, and sandalwood on the dry down. The potency reminds me of Megamere with the aquatic notes but this is doing so much more. As I said I wouldn't buy a full bottle, but now I understand why some would.
Equality Fragrances speaks highly of this scent. Where did you get and how much was the decant?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had my eye on Zaharoff Royale X, but the photo of the $5 decant looks like it doesn't come with an atomizer.

I finish this little decant of L'Humaniste (I ended up getting a full bottle but I still use the decants) and just as I'm about to throw it away, I realize....stop....wait you goofball. :damn:

Save it and use it for when you buy that Royale X decant!

think-smart.gif

So here I am, mentally patting myself on the back for this great idea. :mjgrin:

Only to go onto the Zaharoff website and....the sample of Royale X is sold out.
And so is Citrine.

disappointed-sad.gif

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Imma check this brand out.

GentMan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had my eye on Zaharoff Royale X, but the photo of the $5 decant looks like it doesn't come with an atomizer.

I finish this little decant of L'Humaniste (I ended up getting a full bottle but I still use the decants) and just as I'm about to throw it away, I realize....stop....wait you goofball. :damn:

Save it and use it for when you buy that Royale X decant!

think-smart.gif

So here I am, mentally patting myself on the back for this great idea. :mjgrin:

Only to go onto the Zaharoff website and....the sample of Royale X is sold out.
And so is Citrine.

disappointed-sad.gif
Thank me later - Signature Royale X - 5ML: Mercari: Your Marketplace

The Zaharoff sample I got from the site came with a sprayer.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Equality Fragrances speaks highly of this scent. Where did you get and how much was the decant?
$23 for the 2mL sample

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
$23 for the 2mL sample

I think those bottles are between 5-900 USD. BX Bomber has a few of those in their catalog.