brehs lets talk cologne game

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Definitely want to put my nose on it.

But I tried Noir Anthracite...and ugh.... Tom Ford is polarizing more than any other house imo.
That part. I love a good niche, but some of the Tom Ford's are way too niche for me. I think that a growing number of the TF private collection fragrances are made to be collected instead of to be enjoyed.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
That part. I love a good niche, but some of the Tom Ford's are way too niche for me. I think that a growing number of the TF private collection fragrances are made to be collected instead of to be enjoyed.

I love Tobacco Oud, probably my 1A (Tobacco Vanille is 1B..today..might switch)

So this Tobacco Oud Intense must be ever better right?

4.43 on Fragrantica?

Lemme grab 10ml's from reddit swap.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BS?

The Tobacco aint' intense. The Oud ain't intense.

Naw, they added Castoreum

And what is castoreum? Where does it come from?

524c5461ecad0450650d823d

Castoreum is an anal secretion beavers use to mark their territories. It also happens to smell like vanilla.

The hell it does...

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I have:

I don't dislike any of them but:

I can barely smell Fat Electrician - I'm definitely anosmic to it.

EXPERIMENTUM CRUCIS---smells like a pure 1980's super strong women's fragrance. Like some shyt Liz Taylor wore to an awards show.

Remarkable People is extremely weak on skin! I don't get any champagne note. The grapefruit is faint. Even on clothes this isn't that strong.

FRUSTRATION -- smells like peanut butter and cumin but super strong.
------------------------------------------

The 1s I like most are:

I AM TRASH :wow:

MAIN NOTES

Apple Essence Upcycling, Rose Absolute Upcycling, Cedarwood Atlas Upcycling, Bitter Orange, Gariguette Strawberry
----------------------------------------------------------

THE GHOST IN THE SHELL ----This smells like you cut off a humanoid cyborg's hand off and dip it in milk. I oddly like this and wear it! It smells like synthetic flesh and milk.
-----------------------------------------------------

YOU OR SOMEONE LIKE YOU---- This is a minty fresh fragrance.
------------------------

EXIT THE KING-------MAIN NOTES
Soap Foam, Pink Pepper, Timur, Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Patchouli, Moss, Sandalwood
----------------------------------------------

HERMANN A MES COTES ME PARAISSAIT UNE OMBRE----
------------------------------------

I want to get:

RIEN INTENSE INCENSE

MAIN NOTES
Incense, rose, leather, iris, rockrose, oakmoss, pyrogenic styrax, patchouli, amber, caraway, black pepper, aldehydes

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Scent of Paradise by Alghabra Parfums - very much unisex. You have to enjoy rose. It's light. Refreshing. Floral.

Ambar Dominicano by Day Three - Reminds me of a coca cola slurpee at first. Then a beautiful cinnamon and rum. There might be a hint of pepper in this but it's mild. Beautiful amber. I'm going to wear this out at night when I want something sexy but not sweet.

I made a mistake last month when I was reviewing Gentle Fluidity Silver. I did not notice that the decant they sent me was Gentle Fluidity Gold, by mistake. And while both fragrances share similar notes, they don't smell alike at all. What I said in my earlier review is true, but now that I have the actual Silver, I can tell you that the Vanilla is way stronger in Gold, and pulled back a ton in the Silver. The Silver leads more with musk and nutmeg. It's more crisp. I can see how this would be considered more of an everyday scent profile. I like them both but if I had to choose, I'd get a bottle of the Silver.

I'll try a decant of Labyrinth of Spices by Alghabra soon, then probably the cheapest Roja decants I can find. I'm not comfortable going $30+ for decants too often and sampling Roja adds up fast.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would take advantage of this but Papilefiko isn't available and I don't know that I want another bottle from Nishane right now.

...maybe Hacivat/Ani. :snoop:

I wish I had sampled B-612 or Kredo but I didn't get to those yet.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3 days on the test strip and this Megamare is still pushing :damn:
How many sprays do you use, normally?

Not of the strongest fragrances you own. But on average.

Everyone is different. I'm not asking to copy. I'm curious how others apply.

I typically do 2-3. Though lately I've been doing 4-5.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Had to revisit that Wild Fruits by Mancera. Liked it a lot more this time around.

And not neccessarily cologne but scent based---just byke from this candle lab wit my lady where you make your own candles and man, makes u realize how hard it is to cook up a good scent and not be out here smelling like a dusty garage :wow:

1st candle:
Base - Leather, Cabin wood
Mid - Ginger (Ale), Orange Zest
Top - Sage, Candy Cane (Peppermint)

2nd Candle:
Base - Sandalwood, Patchouli
Mid - Lavender, Green Tea
Top - Citrus (Grapefruit), Rosemary