brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I've been curious about this line but they have so many I don't know where to start. Looking for something along the lines of Spring.
I have:

I don't dislike any of them but:

I can barely smell Fat Electrician - I'm definitely anosmic to it.

EXPERIMENTUM CRUCIS---smells like a pure 1980's super strong women's fragrance. Like some shyt Liz Taylor wore to an awards show.

Remarkable People is extremely weak on skin! I don't get any champagne note. The grapefruit is faint. Even on clothes this isn't that strong.

FRUSTRATION -- smells like peanut butter and cumin but super strong.
------------------------------------------

The 1s I like most are:

I AM TRASH :wow:

MAIN NOTES

Apple Essence Upcycling, Rose Absolute Upcycling, Cedarwood Atlas Upcycling, Bitter Orange, Gariguette Strawberry
----------------------------------------------------------

THE GHOST IN THE SHELL ----This smells like you cut off a humanoid cyborg's hand off and dip it in milk. I oddly like this and wear it! It smells like synthetic flesh and milk.
-----------------------------------------------------

YOU OR SOMEONE LIKE YOU---- This is a minty fresh fragrance.
------------------------

EXIT THE KING-------MAIN NOTES
Soap Foam, Pink Pepper, Timur, Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Patchouli, Moss, Sandalwood
----------------------------------------------

HERMANN A MES COTES ME PARAISSAIT UNE OMBRE----
------------------------------------

I want to get:

RIEN INTENSE INCENSE

MAIN NOTES
Incense, rose, leather, iris, rockrose, oakmoss, pyrogenic styrax, patchouli, amber, caraway, black pepper, aldehydes

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I got their Ghost in the Shell, Fat Electrician, and something else. GITS smells like a metallic orange. Fat electrician smells like it has a ganja note. I can maybe see the appeal of FE, but that GITS is stomach turning (for me).

Best sample purchase ever, because I was gonna blind buy GITS. Saved me at least 150 bucks. Ain't no way in hell....

The House definitely leans towards the artistic and indie and niche style of fragrances.
I love GITS:mjlol:

shyt is odd but appealing to me. shyt smells like synthetic skin and milk. Then it letter smells like something new wrapped in plastic.

I can hardly smell Fat Electrician.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I usually rock two colognes a day, freshie in the morning/before the gym, and then shower and put on something interesting when I get back to the j.o.

Do y'all rock more than one cologne per day?
If the first fragrance isn't very strong I can wear two in a day.

I don't sweat a lot at the gym so it's not enough to burn off any cologne.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Copped this the other day, it's a great rum, tobacco, rum scent.

MM008_MAIN.jpg

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I been lurking this thread. I appreciate you guys knowledge. I've always kept a good collection but didn't know anything about notes and how to differentiate between the ingredients. It's really helped me be able to explain what I like.

I keep a bottle of Creed Aventus. I like the LV L'immensite and Ombre Leather.

I'm gonna try out some dupes for Silver Mountain Water, L'immensite, and Tuscan Leather. If they're good then I'll hook my son up.

Salute to y'all
:salute:

no problem breh, glad we helped. Now that I got my cologne rotation complete for a while I'm gonna get my watch collection up

I usually rock two colognes a day, freshie in the morning/before the gym, and then shower and put on something interesting when I get back to the j.o.

yeah if I take multiple showers I might switch up the cologne

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
SCENTSPLIT.jpg

Both are outstanding but I need a full bottle of the Megamare.....NOW

Megamare-Never smelled anything like this and as potent for an aquatic. This is everything about the sea, like a sunken ship on the ocean floor. Super aquatic. The dry down gets musky and stays salty/aquatic like an underwater cave. This is NUCLEAR. I heard this last weeks on clothes and the projection is 8 feet. I'm going all in but I suggest getting a decant and try for yourself. Full bottle worthy and I'm on the hunt.

Scent: 10/10
Sillage: 30/10
Longevity: 500/10
Value: 10/10

Akdeniz-This is another powerful frag. Aquatic pineapple bomb. This goes sour to sweet and then a mix of both for hours. In the dry down I'm getting lavender, sandalwood, vanilla, and patchouli on a leathery-woody base but its all smooth and doesn't get out of hand. Last about 10-12 hours This simply smells amazing. I would definitely try a full bottle but its out of my price range for what I'm willing to pay.

Sillage: 10/10
Longevity: 20/10
Value: 5/10

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SCENTSPLIT.jpg

Both are outstanding but I need a full bottle of the Megamare.....NOW

Megamare-Never smelled anything like this and as potent for an aquatic. This is everything about the sea, like a sunken ship on the ocean floor. Super aquatic. The dry down gets musky and stays salty/aquatic like an underwater cave. This is NUCLEAR. I heard this last weeks on clothes and the projection is 8 feet. I'm going all in but I suggest getting a decant and try for yourself. Full bottle worthy and I'm on the hunt.

Sillage: 30/10
Longevity: 500/10
Value: 10/10

It's in my top tier of POWAFUL colognes
  • Orto Parisi - Megamare
  • Kerosene - Followed
  • Maison Francis Kurkdijan - Baccarat Rouge 540
  • Christian Dior - Sauvage Elixir
  • Mancera - Red Tobacco
  • Initio Parfums - Oud for Greatness

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's in my top tier of POWAFUL colognes
  • Orto Parisi - Megamare
  • Kerosene - Followed
  • Maison Francis Kurkdijan - Baccarat Rouge 540
  • Christian Dior - Sauvage Elixir
  • Mancera - Red Tobacco
  • Initio Parfums - Oud for Greatness
I agree. I've tried everyone of those except for Kerosene. I recently tried Red Tobacco Intense and ironically its smoother and less harsh than the OG.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I do layered

Or if I stop home and bounce real quick for another event then I might spray a different fragrance than what I had on from the morning.

But my layering is intricate.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I forgot to pay for expedited shipping but I placed an order with DecantX on the 10th and the status still says a label was created. USPS doesn't have it enroute yet.

I swear, I have the WOAT experiences when it comes to getting my items.