brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Also gonna be in the 20s here in Houston

Don't have any Boss frags but I've been hearing a lot about the Elixir one.

@Remote when you gonna buy something man? A decant or something.

@Sonic Boom of the South good looking out again.

Sphinx-Black Anubis
Sphinx-Signature
Alexandria-Leather Intense
Phatoil-Essential oil pack
fraggreen.jpg
What does
Sphinx-Black Anubis
Sphinx-Signature
Smell like?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So, first impression of Hacivat...

I'm not sure about this. Apparently very popular and highly rated. I'm hoping the dry down reveals something much more enjoyable.

But I have to say my first thought on the opening is...I'm wearing a citronella candle

Maybe I'm just crazy. What has your experience with this fragrance been?

Maybe it's not hitting properly because it's winter. Could it smell a bit different in the summer? Gonna see if this gets better but off the first spray, I don't know that I'd get a bottle of this.

Thank goodness for decants.

Edit - I'm starting to think that scents that are really strong on citrus...I can't pull it off. I can do it if it's dialed back or balanced the right way. Like with Terre D'Hermes. But now that I think of it, strong citrus forward scents just don't sit right with me.

2nd edit - about an hour after spraying Hacivat and it has settled in nicely. In the air it's really enjoyable. But that first 45 mins or so was not my favorite. This could grow on me but I'm gonna need a few weeks or months to see how I really feel about it.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What does
Sphinx-Black Anubis
Sphinx-Signature
Smell like?
I heard this is the same company that owns Alexandria Fragrances so the quality is already great.
Black Anubis opens with a with a creamy saffron smells that reminds me of BR540 but is blended much better and smoother. You start to get the rose in the dry down and then the oud kicks in. Last about 8-10 hours on my skin. Really damn good.

Signature's opening is a strong citrus lemon and with spice smell but not overpowering which lasts about 10-15 minutes. Then a light cinnamon, leather, vanilla and woods kicks in. Definitely geared more for the winter and fall. Last about 10-12 hours on skin.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

This the Dior Homme Intense clone.

When I 1st compared them it smelled nothing alike

But I tested later and it smells like a slight more creamy but less strong version.

*I also got my Fragencenet subscription and it was Intense Cafe

I like it it is really strong but I don't smell any coffee.
It’s rose, musk and amber. It also smells like a western oud to me.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So, first impression of Hacivat...

I'm not sure about this. Apparently very popular and highly rated. I'm hoping the dry down reveals something much more enjoyable.

But I have to say my first thought on the opening is...I'm wearing a citronella candle

Maybe I'm just crazy. What has your experience with this fragrance been?

Maybe it's not hitting properly because it's winter. Could it smell a bit different in the summer? Gonna see if this gets better but off the first spray, I don't know that I'd get a bottle of this.

Thank goodness for decants.

Edit - I'm starting to think that scents that are really strong on citrus...I can't pull it off. I can do it if it's dialed back or balanced the right way. Like with Terre D'Hermes. But now that I think of it, strong citrus forward scents just don't sit right with me.

2nd edit - about an hour after spraying Hacivat and it has settled in nicely. In the air it's really enjoyable. But that first 45 mins or so was not my favorite. This could grow on me but I'm gonna need a few weeks or months to see how I really feel about it.
3rd edit

So it's many hours later and I have to say...Hacivat is actually pretty dang good.
It just takes like 4 fukkin hours to get there.

Well, for me anyway...

:skip:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Amouage Reflection Man sample today.
It's really nice. Floral. Smells fresh and clean. Daytime scent. You put this on at church and the MILFs are gonna look at you like "Heeyyyy"

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I think the only people who would buy this just want it for the brand name and want to waste money.
It smells really good. But it's also very safe and doesn't stand out. You wear this to the office and you're never going to offend anyone.

Why should you spend $300-400 for this when Prada L'Homme does the same thing for less than half the price? There are probably A LOT of cheaper fragrances that serve the same purpose. The upside for the Amouage is that the performance is going to be a lot better.

Jubilation was a bit of a sensory overload for me, though I appreciated it more on the 2nd wear. Reflection Man is on the other side of the spectrum where it's not blowing me away, but I can confidently wear this and enjoy it.

I think it's just not that unique enough and the price holds it back a lot.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Scent of the Day - Carolina Herrera - Mystery Tobacco

When you say to yourself, "Man, Red Tobacco is too affordable. I won't feels special unless I pay more money for less performance."