brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah I grabbed the Discovery set of both the Vivamor one in the red box and the Allure Discovery set in the black box for like $75 earlier this year. Really liked XO Brandy and Raised Spirits along with Divine Aphrodisiac.
Raised Spirits is OOS. Might need to just pick up Divine Aphrodisiac and XO Brandy instead.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
So I decided to go with some Dabbers for this latest batch of samples.

I don't think I'll do the dabber experience again tbh. Coverage is not good enough.

TL DR - I'm checking for Vilhelm - To My Father and Phaedon - Tabac Rouge.

Mini Reviews

Acqua di Parma - Colonia and Colonia Essenza - Very strong citrus. I think this competes favorably with Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim. If you were in Florence, at a restaurant, and wanted to hit the restroom, this is the soap that they have in their dispenser. High class Italian soap.

Acqua di Parma - Arancia
- a very sour orange, a bit floral a bit zesty. :dame:

Acqua di Parma - Fico di Amalfi - A fig fragrance. The citrus is also strong in this, but the fig is sweet. One of their most popular joints I hear. Not beastly in terms of performance, but none of them are.

Akro - East - This is a middle east exclusive. Why? It's oud and raspberry. I'm a big fan of Rasasi's Tobacco Blaze - but that's Pear/Raspberry and maybe leather and smoke. Don't pay top dollar for this.

Amouage - Journey Man - Somewhere between a red and wet tobacco. Very interesting. But if I'm going to get Amouage, it's gonna be Royal Tobacco.

Armani - Stronger with You Amber - Middle Eastern Exclusive - very strong with the Chestnut as usual. When it comes to SWY, you only need one, not all of them. This is okay, up there with Leather and Oud. it's not as good as Intensely/Absolutely.

BDK - Gris Charnel and Gris Charnel Extrait - It's a fine fragrance, but I don't get what other people get from this. It's sweet, and that's about it.
BDK - Rouge Smoking - Cherry Cola. Believe the hype on this one. Whether you want to smell like Cherry Coke Syrup is a diff question.
BDK - Tabac Rose - Can't smell the Tabac. The rose doesn't last for me, and then it dries down to just nice.

By Kilian - Smoking Hot - I really thought this and Guerlain's Cherry Oud should have gotten a lot more press. Naw, it came and went. Apple Shisha, smells like it sounds. Not my favorite Kilian, but decent.

Cartier - Pasha de Cartier Noir Absolu - It's advertised as smoke, and it's really a caramel scent with smoke in the background. Biggest let down for me.

Kerosene - Copper Skies - I need to battle this and Journey man, but that same mix of Red Tobacco and Wet/Green Tobacco.

Kerosene - Broken Theories - That wet tobacco that can kinda stank. A bit of Le Labo Tabac28/Royal Crown Habanos. I like both of those, but to me, those are both acquired taste, unlike Tobacco Vanille, which I see as mass appealing.

Kerosene - Follow and Followed - I had these on side by side, and I couldn't really distinguish between the two. It's breakfast in the morning. One of them is a maple syrup and the other is a very sweet coffee. Both of them just last. I can smell them through the bottle. If you like gourmands, these are major go's (c) Flossy Carter. But if you're like me, and you don't always do sweet, this is a gamble. If the company made 10-30 ml bottles, I'd say that's enough for a lifetime.

Kerosene - Late Harvest - Apple, Red Tobacco/Cherry Tobacco. If you like Mancera's Red Tobacco, I'd check this. I don't like Red Tobacco though.

Mancera - Cedrat Boise and Intense Cedrat Boise - touted as an Aventus alternative. I see the similarities, but oddly enough I like the CB more than Aventus. Definitely prefer the OG to the intense. Citrus followed by woods. Very simple DNA, and in other fragrances more is added to it. But I can easily see why this is a "dumb reach"/"daily driver"/"signature scent"

Mancera - Tonka Cola - Literally smells like Cola. Maybe not Coca Cola or Pepsi, but definitely Cola.

Ormonde Jayne - Montabaco Parfum - It's Tobacco, so you know I'm ordering it off of GP. Tobacco was not existent to my nose. The full bottle price on this is 400, so I'm glad I got the sample.

Orto Parisi - Mega Mare - This is a very sharp marine scent that stays a long time. Like a very dry seaweed, almost nosebleeed inducing in a way. Some fragrances have super longevity for me, and this one of those that seems to do that to everyone. It's long lasting like BR540/Tobacco Vanille. Gotta take a shower to get it off my skin. But it's an eye-bleeder like Oud for Greatness.

Parfums De Marly - Althair - This is a big time hypebeast right now. It's sweet, very "fall" smelling. If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket... I still would not get a full bottle of this.

Parfums de Marly - Haltane - was a Harrod's exclusive. A sweet designer oud. Major pass from me. The green bottle should have tipped me off, but this is not the type of oud I rock with. This was last year's hypebeast, unobtanium.

Phaedon - Tabac Rouge - Their take on Tobacco Vanille DNA. It's very good. Might make it to the full bottle list.

Prada - L'Homme - Lot of murmurs about this being discontinued. I've never seen this in the wild, so that might be true. It smells like soap.

Prada - Luna Rossa Ocean EDP - This reminds me of Layton Exclusif - sweet and earthy. Good designer scent, but I wouldn't call it remarkable

Sospiro - Vibrato
- Curly Frags love this stuff. I've seen a lot of other people hype it. It's a white floral/citrus that doesn't last long. This is her #1 panty dropper, but I'm guessing it's her #1 sponsor.

Thameen - Carved Oud - This is the rich man's version of Oud Wood, which was already an oud scent for a rich man. Slightly different than Oud Wood and Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir - but this is a hypebeast. Worth the decant, but I think it's only for cats that want Oud Wood to last a long long time.

Uni'que - Mangonificent - It's a mango cologne. Probably the best one i've smelled (Mango Skin and Polo Black and Salted Green Mango). That's not saying much, and something this sweet has very limited application for me

Valentino - Born in Roma - Coral Fantasy
- Supposed to be red apple, and if I squint, I can smell it, but totally forgettable designer. I love the way the bottles look, but not enough to cop a bottle without loving the scent.

Versace - Tabac Imperial - don't even look up the sample price on this joint, smh. Honey Tobacco and not much else. There are not may reviews of this when I bought it. I can see why.

Viktor and Rolf - Spicebomb Infrared and Infrared EDP - At the store, these smell like red hot cinnamon candies. Now that I have the decants, they don't really smell like that at all. Cinnamon is there, but not like it was. I'm wondering if I got duped...hmm

Vilhelm - To My Father - a whisky scent, and one of the better ones i've put my nose on. Need to revisit. Might make it to the short list.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Thinking about these
Might fukk around and buy every Gallagher scent. :wow:

I'm never buying them lil ass sample sizes again. Them shyts don't provide a real example of the scent or enough to tell how it wears!
I need atleast 0.27oz or more. I bought these lil ass Akro samples and shyt not enough for me to judge them.

GentMan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Temperatures here are still in the mind 80’s so my spring/summer scents are in rotation.

SOTD Bvlgari Tygar - Arrogance in a bottle. The blend of grapefruit, woody notes and musk is sophisticated but approachable.It's linear from start to finish and I like that about it. The craftsmanship is evident in the sillage and performance.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Temperatures here are still in the mind 80’s so my spring/summer scents are in rotation.

SOTD Bvlgari Tygar - Arrogance in a bottle. The blend of grapefruit, woody notes and musk is sophisticated but approachable.It's linear from start to finish and I like that about it. The craftsmanship is evident in the sillage and performance.

Preciate this. It's in my next batch of decants.

Heads was saying it compares favorably to Sauvage and L'Immensite. Both of which I fox with.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The wife recently got me Moschino Toy Boy and Cartier Pasha Parfum. Loving them both

Is Pasha still one of your favorites? I haven't seen that one mentioned online much.

Great choice. You gonna love it. I've been trying the Amouge line lately and need to get my hands on Royal Tobacco. Been hearing good things about it. I love Jubilation XXV, Portrayal Man and Overture. Havent tried Reflection man but will soon.
I have Royal Crown Celebration on the way.

Would you recommend Overture? I've heard good things. The issue with Amouage is that because it's pricey, people tend to say it's not worth it.
Cost aside, do you wear it regularly?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Is Pasha still one of your favorites? I haven't seen that one mentioned online much.

Would you recommend Overture? I've heard good things. The issue with Amouage is that because it's pricey, people tend to say it's not worth it.
Cost aside, do you wear it regularly?
Since I'm in Houston and its a fall/winter scent for me it isn't worth the full price for a bottle. A decant is enough for me. I really only wear Enclave from the Amouage line b/c of the Amber and mint which is heavenly IMO. Amouage is a great house but like most houses they are out of their minds when it comes to these prices.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
what cologne yall wearing today ?

I'm wearing my Burberry Touch for today's cold weather

plus my bro is giving me a gift card to Macy's for Christmas, so I'm copping something else for my collection, probably a different kinda Burberry or Dolce and Gabbana, had a bottle of Dolce years ago, forgot the name of it, but it had the perfect balance of smelling good without overpowering your nostrils

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
what cologne yall wearing today ?
IMG_4592-scaled-e1642787332513.jpeg

Starting with Precious Liquids - Tobacco Royal, but I'll prolly switch to something else later today.
A warm spice tobacco. I like it more now than I did when I first got it.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Let's play a game.

What's the right scent for the occasion?

Scenario #1

Female that you been dating, maybe getting serious with.

She invites you over to her family's annual Kwanzaa celebration with both her parents, little brother, and family dog.

What are you rocking?