brehs lets talk cologne game

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
This is gonna sound weird but you might be the first person on the coli to post a photo of their hand where the finger nails didn’t have dirt under them.

I’ve seen some gross fukkin hygiene in this place.

He’s the first person I’ve seen that didn’t have a long ass pinky fingernail also

:lupe:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
This body wash smells very similar to Creed Silver Mountain Water. I got the last one at my local Target the other day.

Aatr3Ta.jpg
Does the scent last long and does it overpower perfume.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got my Precious Liquid Salt + Pepper decant. First few minutes you definitely smelled the salt in it. Dry down after about 20 minutes is a layered salt + pepper especially pink salt.

Depending on your nose and skin chemistry I could see it as a stand out fragrance.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Salt + Pepper doesn't seem to last long on my skin unfortunately, but I will add it to my mix to see how my body chemistry affects it.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Salt + Pepper doesn't seem to last long on my skin unfortunately, but I will add it to my mix to see how my body chemistry affects it.

Interested in your review. I've only heard it about here and that Lesbian Asian chick on YT.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@WIA20XX

List some of your favorite summer fragrances. Like any random 5.
Stuff that is relatively mainstream. I don't want to have to go to some weirdo Bulgarian website or go to Neiman Marcus and drop $400 only to find out I hate it.

Frankly I'm not really in the market for another cologne right now. But I'd be curious to buy a sample of something....just to keep it behind the bathroom mirror as a reminder for the future.

Thanks

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
@WIA20XX

List some of your favorite summer fragrances. Like any random 5.
Stuff that is relatively mainstream. I don't want to have to go to some weirdo Bulgarian website or go to Neiman Marcus and drop $400 only to find out I hate it.

Frankly I'm not really in the market for another cologne right now. But I'd be curious to buy a sample of something....just to keep it behind the bathroom mirror as a reminder for the future.

Thanks

We been talking about this a lot the past few days.

Cheap - 20-60 range.
  • Versace - Eau Fraiche
  • Versace - Pour Homme
  • Nautica - Voyage
Old School - can be real cheap, or full retail, but I wouldn't spend more than 60
  • Armani - Acqua Di Gio EDT
  • Issey Miyake - L'eau d'Issey
Department Store
  • Armani - Acqua Di Gio Profondo - Citrus and Marine - 100+
  • Dior - Sauvage - EDT or EDP - Shower Gel - 100+
  • Chanel - Bleu de Chanel - EDT or the EDP - Refined Shower Gel - 100+
  • Hermes - Terre d Hermes (can get this online for 60, in store it's a 100) - Earthy Orange
You don't need to go further than this, imo...but I like rapping about cologne so....
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Get the Decant and test it (my fave place is Perfuum, then Scent Split, then DecantX)
  • Creed - Green Irish Tweed - fresh cut grass
  • Creed - Virgin Island Water - coconut, lime
  • Byredo - Gypsy Water - smells watery, that's how I describe it
What I been wearing lately.

#1 thing I rock in the heat - Dr. Bronner's Soap - love that peppermint vibe after coming home from a hot day.

Colognes - all less than 100, none really popular.
  • Tiffany and Co - Love For Him - this is so generic, I end up reaching for it, cause I got 100 mls to use up. It's Mandarin Orange, Ginger, and somethign else.
  • Scotch and Porter - Badlands - very much in the blue vibe - grapefruit into incense into vetiver/oak/moss - so like Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel
  • Scotch and Porter - Miami Duppy - sorta sweet
  • Scotch and Porter - The Porter House - coconut, greens, vanilla
Summer Nights
  • Dinner with friends/colleagues
    • Scotch and Porter - Miami Duppy
    • Armani - Stronger with you Freeze - an icy chestnut....hard to describe.
  • Clubbing
    • Something with Tobacco in it - Rich Warm Addictive by Zara, Royal Tobacco by Amourage, Habanos by Royal Crown, Tabac 28 by Le Labo
  • 1st Date (i.e. I aint get them draws) -
    • Smoke by Akro - I get backyard bbq, but I think officially it's supposed to be cigarretes.
      • As far as I can tell, this has not been a deciding factor in any hooking up. I just like the mood it puts *me* in.
  • Date Night - I been had them draws, we just vibing - Whatever I'm feeling at the moment

Currently testing
  • LV Imagination and Afternoon Swim - these both might be 100% citrus, but it's like 100% rind.
  • Goldfield and Banks - Pacific Rock Moss (I got Bohemian lime, it's nice, don't know if I'd invest in a full bottle)

Bushes/not for me/but a lot of people have in summer lists.
  • Vilhelm - Mango Skin - too much mango
  • Strangers Parfumerie - Salted Green Mango - not enough...
  • Polo Black - Coffee and Mango - smh
  • Creed - Silver Mountain Water - It smells like water, but also smells metallic - I don't like metallic.
  • Nishane - Wu Long Cha - Tea - Le Labo's Noir 29 smells like tea, this not so much.
  • Nishane - Fan your Flames - Coconut and Rum - Might have to bring this one out of storage, but I don't remember liking it enough to wear more than once or twice.
  • Nishane - Hacivat - allegedly an Aventus clone - not the biggest fan of Aventus
  • D&G - Light Blue - any of them. They're all made for summer. Grapefruit too strong for me.
  • PDM - Sedley and Greenley - I have not had interest in checking these out at all. But very popular.
  • Chanel - Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme - A creamy minty smelling thing that I don't like at all. I don't the mint in Versace Eros. I do like it in Dr. Bronner's though.
  • MFK - Gentle Fluidity Silver - see above, very popular
  • Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino - I have no idea. I see Tom Ford and my credit score goes down.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We been talking about this a lot the past few days.

Cheap - 20-60 range.
  • Versace - Eau Fraiche
  • Versace - Pour Homme
  • Nautica - Voyage
Old School - can be real cheap, or full retail, but I wouldn't spend more than 60
  • Armani - Acqua Di Gio EDT
  • Issey Miyake - L'eau d'Issey
Department Store
  • Armani - Acqua Di Gio Profondo - Citrus and Marine - 100+
  • Dior - Sauvage - EDT or EDP - Shower Gel - 100+
  • Chanel - Bleu de Chanel - EDT or the EDP - Refined Shower Gel - 100+
  • Hermes - Terre d Hermes (can get this online for 60, in store it's a 100) - Earthy Orange
You don't need to go further than this, imo...but I like rapping about cologne so....
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Get the Decant and test it (my fave place is Perfuum, then Scent Split, then DecantX)
  • Creed - Green Irish Tweed - fresh cut grass
  • Creed - Virgin Island Water - coconut, lime
  • Byredo - Gypsy Water - smells watery, that's how I describe it
What I been wearing lately.

#1 thing I rock in the heat - Dr. Bronner's Soap - love that peppermint vibe after coming home from a hot day.

Colognes - all less than 100, none really popular.
  • Tiffany and Co - Love For Him - this is so generic, I end up reaching for it, cause I got 100 mls to use up. It's Mandarin Orange, Ginger, and somethign else.
  • Scotch and Porter - Badlands - very much in the blue vibe - grapefruit into incense into vetiver/oak/moss - so like Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel
  • Scotch and Porter - Miami Duppy - sorta sweet
  • Scotch and Porter - The Porter House - coconut, greens, vanilla
Summer Nights
  • Dinner with friends/colleagues
    • Scotch and Porter - Miami Duppy
    • Armani - Stronger with you Freeze - an icy chestnut....hard to describe.
  • Clubbing
    • Something with Tobacco in it - Rich Warm Addictive by Zara, Royal Tobacco by Amourage, Habanos by Royal Crown, Tabac 28 by Le Labo
  • 1st Date(i.e. I aint get them draws) -
    • Smokeby Akro - I get backyard bbq, but I think officially it's supposed to be cigarretes.
      • As far as I can tell, this has not been a deciding factor in any hooking up. I just like the mood it puts *me* in.
  • Date Night - I been had them draws, we just vibing - Whatever I'm feeling at the moment

Currently testing
  • LV Imagination and Afternoon Swim - these both might be 100% citrus, but it's like 100% rind.
  • Goldfield and Banks - Pacific Rock Moss (I got Bohemian lime, it's nice, don't know if I'd invest in a full bottle)

Bushes/not for me/but a lot of people have in summer lists.
  • Vilhelm - Mango Skin - too much mango
  • Strangers Parfumerie - Salted Green Mango - not enough...
  • Polo Black - Coffee and Mango - smh
  • Creed - Silver Mountain Water - It smells like water, but also smells metallic - I don't like metallic.
  • Nishane - Wu Long Cha - Tea - Le Labo's Noir 29 smells like tea, this not so much.
  • Nishane - Fan your Flames - Coconut and Rum - Might have to bring this one out of storage, but I don't remember liking it enough to wear more than once or twice.
  • Nishane - Hacivat - allegedly an Aventus clone - not the biggest fan of Aventus
  • D&G - Light Blue - any of them. They're all made for summer. Grapefruit too strong for me.
  • PDM - Sedley and Greenley - I have not had interest in checking these out at all. But very popular.
  • Chanel - Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme - A creamy minty smelling thing that I don't like at all. I don't the mint in Versace Eros. I do like it in Dr. Bronner's though.
  • MFK - Gentle Fluidity Silver - see above, very popular
  • Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino - I have no idea. I see Tom Ford and my credit score goes down.
You’re a goddamn treasure.

:salute:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
You’re a goddamn treasure.

:salute:

'Preciate it.

If I could go back to 4 years ago when I started getting serious, I'd have like maybe 10 full bottles, and 400 5ml decants. Instead of 60 full bottles, and 300 decants, lol. Or I could have 1 bottle of something boring (sauvage, bleu de chanel, dylan blue..) and invested the rest in LVMH.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
I have about 50+ colognes and thanks to breh @BronxBomber I got 55 oils.. I haven’t even arranged my joints like you did above breh.. seems like a project I gotta work on when I have free time.. I just have my favorites and then joints I throw on once in a while.. some of my favs I rotate depending on the type of shorty im about to bang out are.. bond 9 scent of peace for him.. bond Lafayette, bond bleeker, roja elysium, creed Aventus ( barely use cuz too many ppl know about it now), rouge 540 extrait, Orion terenzi, bleu de Chanel parfume, suavage elixir, Marley Layton, jubilation, JPG le male parfum, angels share and Eros.. I’m hoping that as I use the oils i copped, I can pull from there and get the big bottle cologne

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
'Preciate it.

If I could go back to 4 years ago when I started getting serious, I'd have like maybe 10 full bottles, and 400 5ml decants. Instead of 60 full bottles, and 300 decants, lol. Or I could have 1 bottle of something boring (sauvage, bleu de chanel, dylan blue..) and invested the rest in LVMH.
Silly question
What’s LVMH?

Louis Vuitton something? I don’t know.