brehs lets talk cologne game

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Anyone have Marly Layton? I ordered a sample to see what the hype is about.

I have Mont Blanc Explorer, Dior Sauvage, and Bleu Chanel. I was thinking of adding Aqua di Gio Profumo to my collection.
Bought Layton last year, wore it a few time. Its good, I like it.. Dont love it. Wore it a few times last year, this year barely reach for it unless its just a filler type of thing.. Ill give it another spin this week just to see but I dont think thoughts will change. But it is good tho, just have better stuff that I love or in my cant miss rotation.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Anybody mess with Memo African Leather or familiar with it? Was in bloomingdales during holidays and saw they remodeled the whole cologne/perfume wing, passed by and saw they expanded a ton and were carrying Memo entire line.. Started talking to rep and she was surprised I knew much about them, African Leather been one of my favorites for awhile and I stocked up when I was aware of it in like 2016-17.

She sprayed the African Leather on me and it was dam near unrecognizable :what: I was like its still good but you guys reformulated it, and she tried to tell me I was wrong, lmaoo.. Im like yo I know this brand, I rock it.. Then she conceded oh they had to tone it down because people were saying its too strong, and they want to appeal to many people. Im like I understand that but dont remove the soul chasing the bag and lose your base that got you to this point..

Disappointing. Im now on hunt for a older blend so just shooting in dark but Im gonna be on prowl, any help in right direction is appreciated.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
Breh I'm convinced cac sensibilities are messing up the fragrance game :stopitslime:

Just like how food gets diluted and tasteless to appeal to cacs. Same thing is happening to perfumes.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Bought Layton last year, wore it a few time. Its good, I like it.. Dont love it. Wore it a few times last year, this year barely reach for it unless its just a filler type of thing.. Ill give it another spin this week just to see but I dont think thoughts will change. But it is good tho, just have better stuff that I love or in my cant miss rotation.
Put me on to something that bytches love. Going to DR next month.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Going to caribbean stuff I would recommend that get compliments from ladies lately (naxos, ysl tuxedo, etc) are heavier and more cool weather type. If Im going to DR I would probably pack Creed virgin island water (Labratory Gorse), Lamar Kajal, Mancera Cedrat boise, I might still throw tuxedo in there for nite time, xerjoff mefisto or Torino, Ramon Monegal La Isla Blanca..

But honestly it dont have to be anything crazy in DR, been there plenty, JV artisan pure, Tommy Bahama St. Kitts or St Barts, Ysl Y, Bvlgari Atlantique. Enjoy Breh, hope this help. If too many options I can pair down, was just throwing out to give options in different ranges.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, please point me to the best place to get samples

The ones I've used

www.decantx.com
www.scentsplit.com
www.theperfumedcourt.com
www.perfuum.com

The thing to be mindful of, these folks ain't Amazon. So it's like a 1-2 weeks from ordering to in your hands. Everything comes in a nice box, bubble wrapped, and usually the sprayers are taped over with teflon tape.

If you mess with Dua (I don't anymore) - Official Dua Samples

If you're looking for harder to find niche stuff - Luckyscent - Official Site The Best in Fragrance...and More

And then if it's a brand you want specifically, sometimes the brand will have it, sometimes amazon will

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
by kilian -- moonlight in heaven...lush, kinda dar but playful, creamy mango, slightly aquatic...come dance with the devil :mjlit:
francis kurkdjian -- gentle fluidity silver...metallic, coolling, fizzy, gin & tonic vibe...most can't pull this one off :takedat:
molecule 02 -- creamy, velvety, wet wood, mixed with your natural scent...sex in a fukkin bottle :banderas:
invictus legend -- loud, sweet aquatic...it's cheap and not as complex as the above, but it get gets the job done :whew:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, please point me to the best place to get samples
I have used Scentdoor and Maxaroma in past besides those recommended earlier. Scentdoor is in cali but they have shipped pretty quick for me. I think Max is in NY it can be hit or miss but get fairly quick. I just price out, see who has a sale go from there

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps