brehs lets talk cologne game

capblk

Rookie
Daps
I got it for $210 on jomashop :snoop:

Was too hyped they had 40% off and they go quick on that site
Have you tried this before? Please let us know how it is. I am very intrested in trying it out, just have not been able to get down to the PDM store to smell.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Eros - apple/mint
Pour Homme - freshie

I'd stay away from the shower gel, aquatic, and citrus joints. I'd steer clear of the primarily sweet fruit joints as well. (there are a lot of cherry, peach, mango colognes that are unisex or aimed at men. Polo Black is a mango/coffee scent aimed at men for instance)

I'd go towards something that's woodsy or spicy or incense-y or "gourmand" - smells like something you would eat. Apple Brandy/Apple Brandy on the Rocks smells like Green Apple Jolly Ranchers, but Valentino Uomo Coral Fantasy smells like crisp red delicious apples. Meanwhile you got things like Angel's share that smell like apple pie. There are a lot of tomato leaf and cumin scents out there. (which will be unique, not necessarily good)

1. Wood - My favorite is Gentlemen Boisee - got woods, but a lot of iris
  2. Spicy - my go to here is SpiceBomb Extreme, but I don't tend to see that for much less than 100 - I saw it for 97 bucks recently, and that was a steal for a new bottle. Burberry London and BVLGARI Man in Black come to mind.
  3. Incense - Acqua Di Gio Profumo - starts out a bit like a freshy, but incense is what remains (its not heavy like Ebene Fume)
  4. Gourmand - Stronger with You - Roasting Chestnuts

Keep in mind the sheer scale of cologne.
This is a list of all the scents released in 2022 (3,073) - a little less than 10 new fragrances every single day.

It's fairly easy to not smell like anyone else just given the number of new releases out there. Most of the fragrance people only follow a very narrow band of designer scents and specialty brands scents.

If you have a specific taste, lemme know. Cause when you get deep in the game, things like this start to sound interesting.

This cologne is supposed to smell like Black Ink.

But this one smells like Squid Ink

I fukking love zoologist squid

It’s pretty much my signature scent

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Have you tried this before? Please let us know how it is. I am very intrested in trying it out, just have not been able to get down to the PDM store to smell.
Yea

Goodz (battle rapper) had posted his cologne collection on ig and he said the Haltane was crazy.

I already wanted the Layton or the Kalan but when he said that, i went to neimans and the lady gave me a few samples. Wifey loved it too so as soon as I seen jomashop had a sale, i copped.

From what im reading about it, its very polarizing. Some love it, some hate it. I think it has to do with certain people not liking Oud. I personally love it.

Performance is good. Reminds me of a mixture of Oud for Greatness and BR540

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Picked up Santal 33 about a month ago, get love every time I wear it. Only knock is, it doesn't last long. Bought a 2013 100ml bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed off of Ebay, had to return it, shyt was fake.

Last edited: