brehs lets talk cologne game

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
The thing about this series - stuff that fragrance community people like - regular people tend not to like.

That said, Pure Malt? You're gonna have to take mines from my cold, dead hands

Hedonic adaptation. Most of these reviewers have have been exposed to so many fragrances over the years that the "simple stuff" doesn't intrigue them any more. It's popular to hate on "mass pleasing" scents, but that's realistically what you should be aiming for as someone who uses fragrances :mjlol:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:myman:I was wearing that JPG ultra male last night and my girl was trying to crawl in my skin.
even she put some on when we dipped out to the halloween party. Gotta give it a high score off that reaction.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Some of these dudes have gone bankrupt and lost everything behind their addiction. Thank God I never jumped off the deep end, but I definitely had a period where I spent way too much on fragrances. They call it a "passion", but some of these dudes work minimum wage jobs and spend all their income on perfumes.

This OG in the "community" speaks on it:

interesting discussion here. its exactly why I only buy decants/travel sized for 95% of my stuff. buy a full bottle maybe 2-3 times a year.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
U0QNIny.png

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
interesting discussion here. its exactly why I only buy decants/travel sized for 95% of my stuff. buy a full bottle maybe 2-3 times a year.
Where do you buy your decants?

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Where do you buy your decants?
They all offer discount codes if you shop with them enough as well. Micro perfumes is prob my favorite.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
They all offer discount codes if you shop with them enough as well

full
Oh you the plug for real for real.

full
All those links.

full
You got any fragrances you can recommend? What are some of your favorites?

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
So Fragrancenet cancelled my Side Effect and Roja Elysium order saying they were out of stock

I'm picking up Initio Side Effect and PDM Layton now.. After doing more research I'm hearing that Elysium has poor performance, like only 3 hours.. is that true?

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
So Fragrancenet cancelled my Side Effect and Roja Elysium order saying they were out of stock

I'm picking up Initio Side Effect and PDM Layton now.. After doing more research I'm hearing that Elysium has poor performance, like only 3 hours.. is that true?
I hadn't smelled Elysium but idk why people like Layton. It's just powdery to me

• Dap
Reactions: 904

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

Yea I said it a few pages back I would imagine that I get poor performance with Elysium. The scent itself is great but for the price to me it should last longer.. I will add after I posted some said they got better performance from it so just get a sample and see how it works on you.. Some high end stores carry it also, they will let you get like a 5ml sample (nordstroms)

• Dap
Reactions: 904
Daps

Yeah I have 2 I rock with full bottle and that is 'By the fireplace' (become my staple), and 'Silver mountain water' then after that I buy decants/travel size, I have 'fukking fabolous', 'Green irish tweed' in travel size.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

You blind buying these bottles?

I put on Elysium this morning (decant), I am a little over 3 hours and its still there. Nice smell but I wouldnt want to pay retail for it. Side Effect was kind of weird to me, I got the cinnamon and rum but something in there also smells like licorice, I couldnt quite put my nose on it

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
You blind buying these bottles?

I put on Elysium this morning (decant), I am a little over 3 hours and its still there. Nice smell but I wouldnt want to pay retail for it. Side Effect was kind of weird to me, I got the cinnamon and rum but something in there also smells like licorice, I couldnt quite put my nose on it
Nah but I only have 1ml samples of them

Enough to smell but not enough to wear and to really test..

I love the smell of Elysium but that performance review scared me..