Brehs Key and Peele is F*cking horrible!!!

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
corn.jpg

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
wasnt the light skin dude on mad tv or something? wasnt funny then either. homie made me watch one skit a while back, i felt like they were trolling comedy, like trying to make something funny out if something thats supposed to be funny, i guess. their targeted demographic has to be the 13-16 year olds.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I like em :yeshrug: That civil war re-enactment skit was :whew:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/53745656]Civil War Reenactors on Vimeo[/ame]

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
[ame=http://vimeo.com/52361381]Key and Peele Magical Negroes on Vimeo[/ame]

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
Key & Peele's comedy is like a huge non sequitur. I really tried to like them, but they only make me smirk at best. Rarely do I laugh out loud. And trust me, I watched a good amount of clips before abandoning them, I gave them a fair chance but they just aren't that funny.

I remember once they came on 106 & Park and it was the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen. That clip has disappeared from the internet.

Literally, nobody was feeling these two, nobody laughed when they joked! :damn:

So embarrassing! They bombed hard!

I like em :yeshrug: That civil war re-enactment skit was :whew:

Civil War Reenactors on Vimeo

What the fukk?!?! How could you find this funny?

These guys are basically everything Chappelle didn't want to become.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Key & Peele's comedy is like a huge non sequitur. I really tried to like them, but they only make me smirk at best. Rarely do I laugh out loud. And trust me, I watched a good amount of clips before abandoning them, I gave them a fair chance but they just aren't that funny.

I remember once they came on 106 & Park and it was the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen. That clip has disappeared from the internet.

These dudes never had a chance because people won't get over the fact that Chappelle isn't around anymore. They are corny but they have a few skits here and there that are pretty good. nikkas can't even give them any credit without bringing up a Chappelle.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

at some point Chappelle realized he crossed a line and walked away. Key and Peele came into the show already beyond that line and they're comfortable there.

they seem to be cool being the black guys white people laugh at instead of with. that black racial humor many black people can watch it and laugh with the comedian as they poke fun of things but white people watch it and laugh at the comedian and their entire race.

anyway i watch some Key and Peele but they've very hit and miss. they aren't consistently funny.

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
These dudes never had a chance because people won't get over the fact that Chappelle isn't around anymore. They are corny but they have a few skits here and there that are pretty good. nikkas can't even give them any credit without bringing up a Chappelle.

Not true at all! I wanted to address this earlier, but forgot.

You've got this all wrong, let me clarify: I wanted to like these guys, and I gave them a huge chance. But they just. weren't. funny.

Now you're scrutinizing my comment about Chappelle thinking I dislike them for not being him, and I want to stress that this isn't the case for me and many others. Everyone wasn't judging Key & Peele against Chappelle when they first watched, which is what you seem to be assuming.

After giving them a fair chance and being thoroughly unimpressed, many of us draw the obvious parallels between what we saw Key & Peele do and what Chappelle didn't want to end up doing. We weren't thinking about that going in, or at least, I wasn't. But you definitely realize it during or after watching.

We all want a new great comedy act with fresh ideas, but Key & Peele aren't that. They got their chance, and they failed to deliver. There are other people being funny right now who aren't Chappelle, so that's not the reason why many of us aren't feeling Key & Peele.