Brehs... is Demolition Man a top 3 action movie of the 1990's?

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Yup. The matrix being a prime example
interesting... i dunno why but i always feel the need to have movies specifically categorized, esp on my file server and my head... like it's a sci fi movie or an a action movie... not both... but i think you may be right

:jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
interesting... i dunno why but i always feel the need to have movies specifically categorized, esp on my file server and my head... like it's a sci fi movie or an a action movie... not both... but i think you may be right

:jbhmm:

Demolition man is sci fi and action too. It takes place in the not too distant future, it utilizes carbon freezing and futuristic tech and dress. So the very flick you're championing right now is another example of genres meshing.

Back to the future is another one. It's a comedy and fantasy and sci fi all in one. Shyt predator is probably the other great example. It's an action movie through and through but science fiction is at the heart of it. Then you've got Aliens which is sci fi, action, and horror

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Comic book flicks can be any genre really. That's the beauty of that type of film. They can be noir, action, comedy, horror, sci fi, thriller, whatever
but typically when you browse Netflix or something they are categorized by 1 genre no?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
but typically when you browse Netflix or something they are categorized by 1 genre no?

Yeah but genre classification can often be arbitrary or even indecisive. It's still done by humans. Just like blockbuster back in the day. The one near me used to put Alien in Sci Fi but most often I see Alien classified as Horror. The fact that some flicks combine genres and don't fit in a nice little box often confounds us because we need things to fit and need things to be segregated for our brains to process them properly.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
obviously T2 Judgement Day is #1, and the Rock is #2, I think Demolition Man is up there as well... surprised the Holywood f*cks haven't tried to remake this classic

Agree?
Hell no and I like Demolition Man and everything but no just no. Not even my top 10.

Matrix
T2
True Lies
Die Hard 2
Speed
Bad Boys
Total Recall
Starship Troopers
Blade
Under Seige
Out For Justice
Broken Arrow

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Nah. Hilarious and definitely fun but it's not seeing the matrix T2, die hard with a vengeance, true lies, total recall or hard boiled. And I know I'm missing quite a few
There are a lot. Bruh. Better que up the top 90s thr
yes. star wars is sci fi and action. anything space or future-related with explosions or fight scenes would fit.
I always saw star wars as more fantasy than anything else. ...but i guess it combines all fantasy/action/scifi

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There are a lot. Bruh. Better que up the top 90s thr

I always saw star wars as more fantasy than anything else. ...but i guess it combines all fantasy/action/scifi

I was thinking we'd give it a month at least. Oscars are coming up, cats still got the best movie of the year thread up. And someone else can take that one to do the tallying etc