Brehs im starting to think Wiseman will be a bust

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
From Sports Illustrated

"And then there’s Wiseman. The player with the highest expectations has also been the most disappointing. The former No. 2 overall pick has appeared in all eight games, and the Warriors have been falling behind quickly whenever he’s on the floor. Golden State has a minus-24.8 net rating with Wiseman playing so far this season, including a ghastly 122.5 defensive rating. Not even playing with the greatest shooter of all time has helped cover up for some of Wiseman’s deficiencies. In his time shared with Steph—the player who has lifted all boats perhaps better than anyone in recent NBA history—the Dubs still have a minus-11.6 net in 54 minutes.

Wiseman’s biggest issue is his defense. His athletic tools are enticing on offense, but he hasn’t been able to pair them to his instincts on the other end of the floor. Wiseman is giving up a ton of space when dropping on pick and rolls, essentially inviting ball handlers into the lane. Opponents are shooting 61.3% in the paint against Wiseman, compared to only 54.8% against Kevon Looney. Wiseman lumbers around the floor defensively. And while his physical gifts could even allow him to become an effective switcher one day, he doesn’t play with the connectedness defensively we’ve come to expect based on previous iterations of the Warriors. Teams are eager to attack whenever Wiseman is in the game, because he often feels to be a read or two behind his teammates".

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Live look at James wiseman lacing em up before he plays the magic
2xl6s1.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
He's trash, and probably would have been exposed in college if he played the full season. He just doesn't have it, I saw him get outrebounded by a damn guard, he's soft, has no feel around the basket, trash defensively.

As i mentioned before you give any 7 footer his minutes and you get the same output nothing special at all

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn what happened to Isaac Okoro? @NatiboyB

Honestly I don’t have the slightest clue but he’s being outplayed by the other guys. I was hoping he would develop further this season but doesn’t seem like a good match/fit with Mitchell either. Maybe he can get it together as the season goes but he isn’t really even in the rotation now.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
On a night where the Warriors rested ALL their guys, James Wiseman played a grand total of 16 mins. Keep in mind, this nikka is a NUMBER 2 OVERALL PICK.

In those 16 mins:
-he was consistently knocked off his spots by Jonas Valenciunas and Larry Nance
-he only took ONE shot the entire game
-his teammates couldn’t get him the ball because he was constantly in the wrong spots. Likely because he couldn’t hold his position
-wasn’t put back in the game bc Kerr wanted to win the game, and they had a legit shot

Now, you may be asking yourself, how come he didn’t get 10+pts on amazing efficiency?! That’s because Kerr ran his motion offense that he’s been runnng since he came to GSW. In that system, you know, the system that has won FOUR CHIPS, wiseman was useless and unplayable. Why? Because he can’t cut, screen, pass, or roll.

And now, I lead you with James Wiseman highlights from throughout the season :wow:

Enjoy