Brehs...Hollywood is Finished AF

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Breh...my MOTY for 2023 was friggin Barbie :why: .
say no more :hhh:

I loved the movie. Everything aint gotta be put into a nice little movie making formula to be enjoyable. It was marketed strangely + it's election year so abit of a money grab but the film itself is sound. Dunst went ham, Meth Damon spazzed and the young reporter girl had some nice cheeks.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
So the other day, I pulled out the TV guide and noticed there's nothing on, so I decided to check out a movie called "Civil War". I mean its from A24, they made some cool movies despite being Miramax at home. I loved that Iron Claw movie and Hidden Gems, so lets get into such a thing :ehh: . I put the tape in the VCR and adjust the buffering and holy hell what a fukking mess of a movie.

• No plot other than war
  • Kristen Dunst wasted her acting chops on such a empty fukking movie
  • The WOAT characters in existence of movies (Unlikable humans)
  • Spoiler
    the president chilling in the White House, while it dawn on Dunst THE REPORTER, that he's in the White House and thus leading the dumb ass troops to the White House
  • The young reporter being the most selfish, ignorant, dumb ass incompetent human to grace the 1 hour and 50 minutes of this movie
  • The only redeeming factor is ole boy from Breaking Bad being a serial lunatic as always
  • WHO IS THE fukkING BAD GUY?!?!
  • WHO ARE WE ROOTING FOR?!?
  • WHERE IS THE GODDAMN PLOT??!??!?
Once the movie ended (Worst ending ever), I damn near dropped from my tree at a nearby bystander and clawed the living hell out of them. IDGAF, this is whats hot in Hollywood :why: ?!?!

Bad enough the movie felt like a temper tantrum from the director, but good grief give me something to excuse. Such a waste of time and quite frankly, I'm over movies. I'm just going to binge Turner Classic Movies and pretend that a 40s movie is a current wave because this is preposterous.
This movie was great. Could be reality in the next few years.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
1. The president is the bad guy
2. You're not rooting for anyone

3. The plot is the president takes an unconstitutional 3rd term causing states to succeed and create factions. These factions join forces to overthrow the president of the United States and return things to normal.

This movie is probably the realest depiction of the necessary factors to facilitate a civil war in this country. It has elements of succession. Reclamation of territory, economic implications associated with civil war. Large scale fighting. Small scale fighting with guerilla groups.

The other aspect is that the story is being told from the reporters point of view, so a lot of elements are going to be lost because they don't have the entire picture.
Secede....Secession

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
heard that movie is more about war journalism than anything

making a movie about the hypothetical American civil war that these white supremacists love shouting for, and not even talking about the actual shyt that would lead to it but instead doing some weird not-political take on it, is the most cac shyt in the fukking world
They told you why it happened. An authoritarian federal government, led by a third-term president. Dude disbanedThe FBI, and air raided American citizens. The President basically did what Trump says he'll do. He went full fascist

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The young reporter was stupid and selfish. She got in the other people’s car. Led to the older black man getting killed. She was reckless in the WH. Led to Kirsten Dunst getting killed.

Shorty should’ve stayed in New York.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
yea that movie sucked and i fell asleep halfway through woke up and it still sucked ... dont know how it has high ratings :why:
A24 label breh. They could come out with a movie based on somebody taking a shyt with bipolar episodes, and somehow it will get stars out of the ass with critics going"compelling":ohhh: