Brehs...Hollywood is Finished AF

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Why they just didn't go full-blown three part saga with the movie? Its obvious the plot was there, but the reporter POV just killed the whole dynamic of what the common viewer is trying to understand. In their eye, especially mines...its just a bunch of flat ideas and war. Like the sniper scene...why the soldiers are in a standoff with the guy and whats the backstory behind it?

How the president ended up causing the fractions to begin with?

There's so many questions about this damn movie to the point it's making my neck hurt. This would have been a amazing 3 part saga or just a HBO series. Something to bridge the gap and get me into such a plot, as the movie itself served nothing but emptiness and probably the worst characters in existence. Why not do a Saving Private Ryan and have the plot from a rival perspective? Maybe have the POV of the president or do a radio/internet life feed chatter of the events going on. Something that could give you all the aspects of a plot that seemed to be lost by the dumb ass rhyme and reason from the upstart of the movie (We got to get to DC because the president is cornered, lol).

This is what some other people were saying. They feel like despite having information about the conflict, they just feel dumped in the middle of a story.

1st part should have been President circumventing the constitution, and the direct result of that. The initial non-combat feelings, The reaction from the general public, politicians. Showing the states succeed and adding commentary from both their governors, and those that sought to stay apart of the "USA".

2nd part should have shown escalation...Negotiations, conventions, etc. Troop mobilizations. Mediation attempts both foreign and domestic. Overthrow attempts, and finally devaluation of the dollar and eventual financial collapse...Because as you remember a sandwich costs $300.00

3rd part should have been the movie this movie. Reporters on the ground basically personalizing some of the war effort, and of course the eventual resolution, which as killing the president.

Or hell...It could have actually been done in stream format with 8 hour long episodes.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I think Hollywood is in the cycle it was in the 70s where people don''t give a fukk and blaxplotation films saved theaters from closing.

I just think the movie game can be dominated by independent film makers and companies now cuz major studios is too poosay to take risks

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
heard that movie is more about war journalism than anything

making a movie about the hypothetical American civil war that these white supremacists love shouting for, and not even talking about the actual shyt that would lead to it but instead doing some weird not-political take on it, is the most cac shyt in the fukking world

Breh even if they did the "war journalism" approach, they could have did it on the level of Full Metal Jackets. Like you have these war journalists just lounging in a hotel with shyt wifi talking about "HMMMM we need to go to DC to see the president get held accountable :krs: ". The most half baked shyt period.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
So the other day, I pulled out the TV guide and noticed there's nothing on, so I decided to check out a movie called "Civil War". I mean its from A24, they made some cool movies despite being Miramax at home. I loved that Iron Claw movie and Hidden Gems, so lets get into such a thing :ehh: . I put the tape in the VCR and adjust the buffering and holy hell what a fukking mess of a movie.

• No plot other than war
  • Kristen Dunst wasted her acting chops on such a empty fukking movie
  • The WOAT characters in existence of movies (Unlikable humans)
  • Spoiler
    the president chilling in the White House, while it dawn on Dunst THE REPORTER, that he's in the White House and thus leading the dumb ass troops to the White House
  • The young reporter being the most selfish, ignorant, dumb ass incompetent human to grace the 1 hour and 50 minutes of this movie
  • The only redeeming factor is ole boy from Breaking Bad being a serial lunatic as always
  • WHO IS THE fukkING BAD GUY?!?!
  • WHO ARE WE ROOTING FOR?!?
  • WHERE IS THE GODDAMN PLOT??!??!?
Once the movie ended (Worst ending ever), I damn near dropped from my tree at a nearby bystander and clawed the living hell out of them. IDGAF, this is whats hot in Hollywood :why: ?!?!

Bad enough the movie felt like a temper tantrum from the director, but good grief give me something to excuse. Such a waste of time and quite frankly, I'm over movies. I'm just going to binge Turner Classic Movies and pretend that a 40s movie is a current wave because this is preposterous.

Hello

Koala don’t seem American

So let me ask you this…… what kind of American are you?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This is what some other people were saying. They feel like despite having information about the conflict, they just feel dumped in the middle of a story.

1st part should have been President circumventing the constitution, and the direct result of that. The initial non-combat feelings, The reaction from the general public, politicians. Showing the states succeed and adding commentary from both their governors, and those that sought to stay apart of the "USA".

2nd part should have shown escalation...Negotiations, conventions, etc. Troop mobilizations. Mediation attempts both foreign and domestic. Overthrow attempts, and finally devaluation of the dollar and eventual financial collapse...Because as you remember a sandwich costs $300.00

3rd part should have been the movie this movie. Reporters on the ground basically personalizing some of the war effort, and of course the eventual resolution, which as killing the president.

Or hell...It could have actually been done in stream format with 8 hour long episodes.

thank-you-gif-the-office-steve-carell.gif

SIMPLE MONEY MAKER AND TALKING POINT FOR THE MEDIA!!

I swear it feels like Hollywood p*ssyfooting and scared of doing something that may bring revenue to the premises. You have a compelling story of a alternate USA that could go as further as a cineverse, but you fumble the fukking movie because WHY?!?

Thats a instant HBO blassic that's exclusive to MAX but here we are being computer chair plot pitchers and the damage is already done :mjcry:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Hello

Koala don’t seem American

So let me ask you this…… what kind of American are you?

Breh that scene was probably the best thing about the movie because I felt uncomfortable AF :sadcam: . Once the Asian dude appeared, I knew his ass was a goner with Major MAGAt :huhldup:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah definitely the standout scene. I thought it was an interesting movie but if it had kept that intensity through the whole film it would have been better.

I need you too to answer the question sir :ufdup:

That wasn’t just for the damn Panda nicca

- Deep Southern Accent & blatant racism towards @The Intergalactic Koala