Brehs...Hollywood is Finished AF

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
thank-you-gif-the-office-steve-carell.gif

SIMPLE MONEY MAKER AND TALKING POINT FOR THE MEDIA!!

I swear it feels like Hollywood p*ssyfooting and scared of doing something that may bring revenue to the premises. You have a compelling story of a alternate USA that could go as further as a cineverse, but you fumble the fukking movie because WHY?!?

Thats a instant HBO blassic that's exclusive to MAX but here we are being computer chair plot pitchers and the damage is already done :mjcry:

That's because hollywood no longer respects the average consumer. To them cool guns + tense music+ explosions = 100 million and that's all they care about.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
That's because hollywood no longer respects the average consumer. To them cool guns + tense music+ explosions = 100 million and that's all they care about.

Mannn even if that's the case, why not go full 90s with the shyt. I'm talking about a balance between popcorn flicks and cinema Oscar jawns. I seriously feel that streaming killed the Hollywood star. This is like the other half of the movie Babylon. No one was ready for streaming to get so big, and once the pandemic happened...it was a wrap.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I liked Civil War because it was about the humanity of war through a journalists eyes.

But in terms of Hollywood and originality that's how I feel about most stuff I see on Netflix.

Honestly would rather watch an old movie or something I've seen many times.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I thought breh was gonna talk about some metoo shyt :mjlol:

OP, you at least gotta support your brother Stitch with his big screen debut. Front row seat, opening night :ufdup:

Dude gave back to the southside unlike this asshead thought he was too GoooOod for us marsupials :pacspit:

sddefault.jpg

Tried to hit him up as a fan and he hit me off like ole boy did in Hollywood Shuffle:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You still got a VCR hooked up too? :salute:

As far as Civil War is concerned, I liked it. Viewing the conflict through the lens of a few war correspondents was a good choice. Watching how Jessie developed throughout the movie and how she reacted to Lee's death really drove home the point of how these things change you. Following that group really helped us understand the deep emotional and psychological weight that they were carrying. They nailed the chaos and uncertainty of a country at war with itself in a modern setting too. I wanted to see more of the actual war and learn what led up to it also, but I feel that what we got from the few battle scenes was good enough for what they were going for. Anything more would have likely changed the film into something else. It was beautiful to look at too. The forest fire scene leading up to the staging area for the final invasion of DC was :banderas:.

I would love for a companion series showing what lead up to everything.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I didn't necessarily need a back story, but the plot was wild inconsistent. I didn't need it to clearly have a partisan backdrop, actually kinda like that because most people can't do the heavy-handed storytelling without being cringy if I'm being honest. I get it was a film about journalism with the second US Civil War being the backdrop, but I think interviews and things in the trenches and some exposition in the form of actual reporting might have made this movie more palatable. It was just random war shyt just happening. And then the ending...wtf...that young girl pissed me off like no one I've seen in a movie or TV show in quite some time. I don't give a fukk if she's precocious...she was just all around unlikeable. Make her the secondary antagonist if they were gonna do that...

I hate Kirsten Dunst in most shyt, but she seemed ultra believable as a war correspondent, and this could've been a major comeback project for her that kinda fell flat. Best things about the movie were Plemons and Nick Offerman; Plemons plays the subdued psychopath perfectly and Nick is just talented at everything he does; but they weren't really given enough to work with. Nick offering counterpoints to the War narrative, didn't even have to have partisan messaging could've made this a tier higher, because than you could've seen how the journalistic perspectives play into how the war is interpreted, which would've further hammered home this is a movie about journalism, not war.

I try to pretend that this is the sequel to Leave the World Behind so that I have some semblance of story.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Mannn even if that's the case, why not go full 90s with the shyt. I'm talking about a balance between popcorn flicks and cinema Oscar jawns. I seriously feel that streaming killed the Hollywood star. This is like the other half of the movie Babylon. No one was ready for streaming to get so big, and once the pandemic happened...it was a wrap.

Thats because hollywood doesn't actually want to work with streaming companies. They've been opposed to them from the beginning. The only one that's in bed with hollywood is paramount +...That I know of. They could and should have crossover projects all the time.

Production is a huge component of this as well...Look at the director and writers for Civil war. The story demanded a much better production team for the story they were trying to tell.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I didn't necessarily need a back story, but the plot was wild inconsistent. I didn't need it to clearly have a partisan backdrop, actually kinda like that because most people can't do the heavy-handed storytelling without being cringy if I'm being honest. I get it was a film about journalism with the second US Civil War being the backdrop, but I think interviews and things in the trenches and some exposition in the form of actual reporting might have made this movie more palatable. It was just random war shyt just happening. And then the ending...wtf...that young girl pissed me off like no one I've seen in a movie or TV show in quite some time. I don't give a fukk if she's precocious...she was just all around unlikeable. Make her the secondary antagonist if they were gonna do that...

I hate Kirsten Dunst in most shyt, but she seemed ultra believable as a war correspondent, and this could've been a major comeback project for her that kinda fell flat. Best things about the movie were Plemons and Nick Offerman; Plemons plays the subdued psychopath perfectly and Nick is just talented at everything he does; but they weren't really given enough to work with.

I try to pretend that this is the sequel to Leave the World Behind so that I have some semblance of story.

Square biz, this would have saved the flick for me. Like give me a Full Metal Jacket trench diary type of feel with Apocalypse Now visuals. Its not hard. You have war journalists but they seem to be more in the way of the actual war, than doing their damn jobs of covering it.

OMFG THAT YOUNG GIRL!!!! I'M LEGIT RAGING THINKING OF HOW POINTLESS SHE WAS :why:

THE bytch HAD THE GALL TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF A GUNFIGHT TO GET A GOOD SHOT AND ENDS UP TAKING THE PERFECT PICTURE OF THE PERSON THAT's ONE OF THE TWO REDEEMING FACTORS OF THIS GAWD AWFUL MOVIE :mindblown: