Brehs... all my nephews do is watch people play video games on YouTube

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Yeah my oldest daughter does this alot too. She be asking me about the last of us and horizon and I be confused like "when you play that game":ohhh:

Not as bad as my baby girl who watches youtube videos of adult weirdo's playing with toys. :why: shyt is creepy as fukk:hubie:

I be pissed though like why I buy all these games and dolls for:why::hhh::gucci:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Not as bad as my baby girl who watches youtube videos of adult weirdo's playing with toys. :why: shyt is creepy as fukk:hubie:

I be pissed though like why I buy all these games and dolls for:why::hhh::gucci:

This is the trend that we spoke about when I was working marketing for Mattel. shyts crazy. It's a chick with millions of views who just opens up boxes of toys.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
My kids have access to every video game system and every channel on dish network and they spen 70% of their time in front of a screen on youtube. Most of it watching other people play games and scream and laugh. It's been a thing for years, all the top youtubers are people doing playthroughs etc. Another 25% is watching shows on netflix. The last 5% is watching cable show's they dvr'd

My sons have spent way more time watching minecraft videos that they have playing it. I looked at my now 9 year olds subscriptions in the youtube app and it's all let's play video channels and pokemon stuff lol. He has his own channel now where he does unboxings, prank videos, vlogging, stop motion skits w toys etc. It's the culture for these kids. I don't think hes watched a moment of scheduled tv programing all summer.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My nieces and nephews do the same thing, the good thing though is that they never bother asking to try games if they come to my house and see me rocking something...they just watch and sometimes run to youtube to find hints for when I'm stuck (I'm old school and try to avoid faq type ish until a second playthrough so that gets frustrating). Unless it's an FPS, they mainly just watch which bugs me out. I used to throw a fit if I couldn't have a turn.

RehReh

KasGoinJail 💀
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
My bro does this also, falls asleep listening to their commentry

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I use to watch Halo matches all the time on YouTube. Learned super jumps etc. when I was a kid I watched Zelda oot videos. Hell even today I love watching speed run videos.

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
My cousin does the same shyt. He got left back a couple of times so I attributed to that :manny:

guess its a common thing with kids these days

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
it's the equivalent to us reading game mags for walkthroughs back in the day. My ex girl's son be watching minecraft videos like 3 hours of the day.

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
fam , I downloaded Fifa 17 on the tablet for my 6 year old nephew , come back 30mins later, instead of playing the game, he's on YouTube watching this breh :gucci:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they probably can't afford the game or they watch those video as a review...

i find these videos to be helpful and better than gaming trailers.. you actually get to see some gameplay...

but yeah, this thing is all about money for the youtubers..
Yuh that's why I watch it. To see how the gameplay is before I go out and buy the game

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah my oldest daughter does this alot too. She be asking me about the last of us and horizon and I be confused like "when you play that game":ohhh:

My daughter watched kids on YouTube play thru the last of us as well even tho I got the damn game on PS4. she didn't even wanna play the game. Like :dahell: