Brehs... all my nephews do is watch people play video games on YouTube

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
My nephews do the same shyt. THEY watch people play Minecraft and Friday the 13th and call of duty and rainbow 6 siege. :yeshrug:

And they have all those games too..never cared to ask. But I guess it's when they don't Feel like playing or some shyt I dont know

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
youre still watching people play a game

its literally the same thing
Not really. People don't usually watch let's plays just to see gameplay. They watch in the same way people used to watch stuff like Mystery Science Theater for commentary from the player which is just as important. I'm saying this as a person who occasionally watches let's plays.

If you only wanted to see gameplay you could basically play the game yourself which is what people struggle to understand when they hear about or see someone watching their favorite streamer's playthrough.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My nephews do the same shyt. THEY watch people play Minecraft and Friday the 13th and call of duty and rainbow 6 siege. :yeshrug:

And they have all those games too..never cared to ask. But I guess it's when they don't Feel like playing or some shyt I dont know
Its more about the person playing the game than the game itself. There's something moderately entertaining about watching Dashie struggle and act a fool playing Mario Maker Levels.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Not really. People don't usually watch let's plays just to see gameplay. They watch in the same way people used to watch stuff like Mystery Science Theater for commentary from the player which is just as important. I'm saying this as a person who occasionally watches let's plays.

If you only wanted to see gameplay you could basically play the game yourself which is what people struggle to understand when they hear about or see someone watching their favorite streamer's playthrough.
im not talking about 1 specific game like you are
im talking in general

my point still stands tho
its no different than watching sorts
youre still watching people play a game

like....... im saying theres noting worng with what theyre doing

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
:manny: I watch people play games in my spare time, not much wrong with it. I like seeing how differently people play games, its interesting to me :jbhmm:sometimes they find things I may have missed when I played it, or they might bring up an interesting fact about it that I may not have known.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I watch all of Robbaz' videos. :yeshrug:

Dude plays a lot of obscure indie stuff I'd never play but dude is hilarious and unlike most of these guys actually a very skilled gamer so it's not like you're watching some bullshyt either.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
some of those videos are mad creative

my friend's kids watch minecraft videos and other shyt.. and some of them are set up as children's shows/cartoons.

like they got a main host, some animal mascots like barney, songs.. they got plotlines and everything

i was surprised at how much thought went into it. it's easy to see why kids like it.

as for twitch.. it's cool to watch people that are insanely good at games.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
IDK why people watch those types of Youtube videos, but I find myself browsing twitch alot to watch shyt myself.

Usually tho I'm watching something competitive and watching high skill level play(CSGO, Street Fighter). Or just watching Eli and them roleplay GTA cause the unpredictability of it is fukkin' hilarious.

• Dap
Reactions: 85

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sports are usually a group activity you need a minimal level of talent at to enjoy. Video games are typically a solo activity you can enjoy with little to no talent.

Most popular games have a multiplayer aspect and lot also require skill and talent to be decent. Plenty of people can't play basketball or football yet still enjoy them.

Drop your average person in front of a game and have them play someone top-ranked, it'd be a slaughter. If I watched high level street fighter play or even a Legendary Xcom Run, I'd see loads of things that a person who isn't a great gamer wouldn't even pick up on.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
all my nieces and nephews do the same thing.:martin:.i thought it was the weirdest thing ever.

i dont let them watch other people play a game.they be cussing on some videos saying reckless ish:ufdup:be aware.i peeped it out.

"go find something constructive to do or play the game yourself."

Uncle of the year:myman:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Most popular games have a multiplayer aspect and lot also require skill and talent to be decent. Plenty of people can't play basketball or football yet still enjoy them.

Drop your average person in front of a game and have them play someone top-ranked, it'd be a slaughter. If I watched high level street fighter play or even a Legendary Xcom Run, I'd see loads of things that a person who isn't a great gamer wouldn't even pick up on.
Matchmaking exist to make in online games. That's not a heavy border to entry. If you suck at basketball ball I'm sure the group of people playing with you will greatly appreciate that. If you're trash at Call of Duty you'll literally be filling a position at the end of the charts somebody always fills. You might pluck a few kills and enjoy yourself though.