Brehettes, why is 35 such a skressful age?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I tunred 36 this year and its been a tough year dealing with the declining health of my dad

Ive had to quit my job to take care of him full time and its been a fukking test

Hopefully 2020 I'll bounce back because I need it :to:
You got this! I think one of the hardest parts of growing up has been watching parents get older. This has been challenging for me too. Lol today I literally organized all my parents doctors appointments and meal prepping for them for the week.

We trying to transition them towards retirement. Best wishes to your dad!:therethere:

Rhyse

Pro
Daps
For a lot of women, especially BW by 35 we’ve been through a lot. Factor in those that have never been married or in a decent relationship due to being dogged out , those that want to have kids, dealing with bs in the work place and being head of households alone sometimes, 35 is stressed out and exhaustion.

Keep in mind that may not be every woman’s story but that is about the time desperation and or broken expectations start to kick your ass. What I found though is if you can hang tight until 40..... a whole new word opens up. 35 is the test. 40 is the glory.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
for single childless women at least,

- looks fading
- pregnancy more risky
- it becomes clear that cuffing a baller if you haven't already is delusional
- competition from younger women
- most people do not keep in shape so have lower energy levels by 35
- feel like 20s were wasted

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sorry to hear, breh

I've lost a lot of close relatives these past 10 years. I spent my 20s worrying about myself cuz it was a financial struggle & lack of experience, it was survival. Then you hit your 30s get a job or some hustle to keep the wolves off your ass that's when you look up and start reflecting. THen you realize the people around you aren't the same as when you remember then in your teens. It's the worst

I’m seeing this now and it’s painful :francis:

That J. Cole wish you could live forever line hit different now

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Sorry to hear, breh

I've lost a lot of close relatives these past 10 years. I spent my 20s worrying about myself cuz it was a financial struggle & lack of experience, it was survival. Then you hit your 30s get a job or some hustle to keep the wolves off your ass that's when you look up and start reflecting. THen you realize the people around you aren't the same as when you remember then in your teens. It's the worst

I'm beginning to see this, too. Like your uncles and aunts not the same when you were 12-16 years old, and your parents ask for help more often, with the smallest things. :sadcam:

killacal

Banned
Daps
I know plenty of 35+ single women that are happy. But they’re not broke, bitter, and miserable like @Booksnrain
Bitter like sake she is
full

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Isn’t 35 a stressful time for people in general? I’m a few years away from 35 and feel the same stressors I felt at 25. Actually, I feel like with every year I get better and better. Maybe that’s just me :yeshrug:
Nah me too. I tend to think that’s true in general. That’s certainly my experience. But that article mentioned some real key stressors and people dealing with em is going thru it. But then there are some people who are determined to be unhappy too. There are people with everything who are some of the most miserable, angry bitter people in the world. A lot of this is mental. There’s a lot of opportunity out there if people play their cards right.:blessed:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I think the maternal clock is ticking real fast especially for those who made careers priority over children

Not saying there is a right or wrong way to do it however childbirth becomes a lot more risky 35 and up
Again that does depend on the individual woman

people will bare face start writing off your womb as desolate even if you make a conscious choice not to start a family by that age