Brehettes: How Many Kids Do You Want And When Do You Want To Have Them?

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
A simple well rounded question to speak on.....Some females in my family say they never want kids, which I go in on them about for my own reasons as you all may know by now on here....but in general how many do you want to have and when?

And if you already have some, do you want more?

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.

I'll quote myself from another post

Nothing against you, but in general I fukking hate when people say this.
"You say you don't want kids now. :sas1: Wait till you fall in love :sas2:"

I don't think people understand how extremely selfless you have to be when you have children. It's a kind of selflessness you don't have with anyone else, not even your husband/partner. At the end of the day your husband/partner are their own person who make their own choices and have free will to leave. That's something you can just dead if it's not working for you. Kids don't work that way. You have an obligation to that child whether you like it or not. When you have a kid, you will never be first in your life again. It's not something that you can take a break from. That's why a lot of mothers end up feeling trapped because they feel like they had to have children. Then on top of that, kids are expensive. Maybe the woman is pursuing a demanding career. I've sat through two births and it's fukking miserable. There are so many valid reasons to not want to be a mother. To me, there's nothing appealing about having children. We need to teach women that being a mother is an option. If it's not something that they feel they want, they don't have to have children. If you're in a relationship that's serious, you need to make that shyt CLEAR from the get-go. Don't ever be involved with a man that says "maybe you'll change your mind" because down the road, it will become a problem when he tries to talk you into it. Don't give him false hope either when you know damn well that you have no plans on having kids. Be straight up. Not wanting kids doesn't make someone a bad person even though a lot of women are made to feel that way.

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Agreed. Children are :scust:

:dahell: See this is what I be going in on some of the females in my family about. Why is there this population of females that don't want to bear children ever in their life? What is the reason behind this? This is disturbing to me....

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I'll quote myself from another post

So you really have the mindset to not ever have children your whole life? I'm not trying to come at you, but this is the same thing a cousin of mine and her friends have stated, and it just really is surprising tbh....

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
So you really have the mindset to not ever have children your whole life? I'm not trying to come at you, but this is the same thing a cousin of mine and her friends have stated, and it just really is surprising tbh....

Yes, I do. I have never felt a desire for children. Ever. I grew up with people always telling me that "It'll happen for you eventually. You'll want them" but I've always been surrounded by children and pregnant women. It just reassures me that I don't want them. I don't feel like you need to have children to feel complete. Life isn't one size fits all. People have a hard time understanding that.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: See this is what I be going in on some of the females in my family about. Why is there this population of females that don't want to bear children ever in their life? What is the reason behind this? This is disturbing to me....
The number one reason for me would be the pain of child birth followed closely by the fact that I don't want to raise children. They require too much attention that I'm not willing to give.

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yes, I do. I have never felt a desire for children. Ever. I grew up with people always telling me that "It'll happen for you eventually. You'll want them" but I've always been surrounded by children and pregnant women. It just reassures me that I don't want them. I don't feel like you need to have children to feel complete. Life isn't one size fits all. People have a hard time understanding that.

Yea I feel you, but isn't child birth part of nature, especially for a woman? I kinda look at it as an unwritten rule sort of....and then also do you believe in the "biological clock" thing?

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The number one reason for me would be the pain of child birth followed closely by the fact that I don't want to raise children. They require too much attention that I'm not willing to give.

So you don't believe in the "biological clock" thing, that your body will eventually "move" you to like want it........:manny: