Breaking... Ubisoft Erases your digital games if you don't play them!!!! :wow::wtf: :dahell:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Cry me a river they been a trash ass company but gamers will still do business with them :mjlol:

When AC drops y’all will be there playing day one

I threw AC in the trash after they ruined part 3 everything else has been such a blatant money grab with that fukking game series... and meach keep buying it!!!:heh::mjlol:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
No company is gonna maintain a dormant digital account in perpetuity. Don’t know why some of you expect that here.
What do you mean? Most companies keep accounts. Im sure your aol or yahoo email still works from 30 years ago if you could remember the password.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What do you mean? Most companies keep accounts. Im sure your aol or yahoo email still works from 30 years ago if you could remember the password.
It doesn’t.

I saved my wedding vows in a yahoo email account. Didn’t use the account for years. At some point i wanted to go back and get them, the account was closed and yahoo told me to kick rocks.

If this was a paid service sure, they should keep it. But for free? We are lucky they give us as much time as they do.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It doesn’t.

I saved my wedding vows in a yahoo email account. Didn’t use the account for years. At some point i wanted to go back and get them, the account was closed and yahoo told me to kick rocks.

If this was a paid service sure, they should keep it. But for free? We are lucky they give us as much time as they do.
I see nothing on google about yahoo closing old accounts. All google searches pull up is that old accounts will need to be upgraded to their new mail service app. But nothing deleted.

Can you link a few articles that yahoo has permanently closed old accounts?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I see nothing on google about yahoo closing old accounts. All google searches pull up is that old accounts will need to be upgraded to their new mail service app. But nothing deleted.

Yahoo keeps old email accounts for about 12 months. If your Yahoo Email account has been inactive for 12 months, Yahoo will declare your account deactivated after that time.

Yet, there are several facts you should be aware of. If you are inactive for 12 months or more, Yahoo will disable your account but will not erase your account. However, after 12 months of inactivity, Yahoo deletes all emails. And before doing so, Yahoo sends a warning email to the account’s registered email ID to notify the user that their account is about to be disabled if they do not sign up within a specific time period.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
what is the point of that? they already got our money
More than likely to save the money they got from you not storing data you've shown to them that you don't care about

It's bogus and should be illegal since there's no refund but anything goes in the terms of service era

I never heard anything about this when I worked there years ago. Either bc they might've had something to play back then or this is something recently added. Either way it's a sign they aren't long for the world without a merger imo

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I just checked, and somehow I still have Hotmail and MySpace accounts I haven't touched in going on two decades. This shyt ain't normal, but breh just doesn't want to admit it. :dead:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Does Yahoo Delete Old Email Account?

No. Yahoo does not delete old email accounts that have been inactive for a long time.”

This is from the first link you posted :dwillhuh:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
I’m not sure why you’d expect any company to perpetually hold your purchase record for you especially if you have not been a customer of theirs for years.

What company does this? And why do you feel entitled to this type of service for free?
Sounds like their problem. They should've planned better.

It says more that this has happened enough for people to notice. I guess they're having a hard time selling their trash games huh? :manny:

Piracy as preservation-method advocates must be having a field day with this. :mjlol: