BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Shaun Livingston >>>>> bum ass Cam Payne. Bruce Brown >>>>> Josh Okogie.

And my initial point was, is and always was that it’s not easy to fill out a roster when you have no cap space or draft capital, and it’s going to get even harder when the new CBA takes full effect so paying 3 players $150 million a year isn’t ideal. Unless you disagree with that, there was never any point in you responding to me.

Again, the perceived talent level of a role player is amped up after winning a chip.

Ie Javale McGhee is a bumbling idiot a walking Shaqtin a fool but let him hop on with Bron and AD now he’s an indispensable vet, a role model, a champion :salute:

James Posey…Matthew delavadova…Mario Chalmers…all straight trash or even out the league after leaving title teams. Did they suddenly fall off a cliff? No. They’re the same player just not playing next to stars.

People get a deluded nostalgia of role players bc they have no pressure, all you remember is timely open shots in small sample sizes. It’s why people love the backup QB. Ngga talkin bout bum ass Shaun Livingston like he was John Havlicheck off the bench stop it

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kd probably sweet talked him and offered him his comb.

how can you turn that down?

Kd is really good at getting these nikkas to play with him. I can’t front on that

I bet you jimmy didn’t even reach out to him on some D Rose shyt. It’s all about relationships. Phoenix/Scottsdale is also a goat area to raise a family. If I was him, I would probably do the same thing tbh

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cant really blame riley, beal went where he wanted to go. miami would of been a better fit for him, i wonder how hes going to adjust being the third banana in phx?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
u just said it. "You're guessing"

Beal went to the team that he thought gave him the best chance at winning. it's that simple
I'm not guessing when it comes to both teams pitched to him. The narrative that Miami never had a chance is bullshyt. That's what I'm saying.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
choke-choking.gif

What the fukk!? Is that even legal? What about Basketball Reasons!? :dahell:

The Wizards are literally getting NOTHING out of this. PHX doesn't even have an FRP to ship in this deal!!! :pacspit:
The league doesn't own the Wizards

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Again, the perceived talent level of a role player is amped up after winning a chip.

Ie Javale McGhee is a bumbling idiot a walking Shaqtin a fool but let him hop on with Bron and AD now he’s an indispensable vet, a role model, a champion :salute:

James Posey…Matthew delavadova…Mario Chalmers…all straight trash or even out the league after leaving title teams. Did they suddenly fall off a cliff? No. They’re the same player just not playing next to stars.

People get a deluded nostalgia of role players bc they have no pressure, all you remember is timely open shots in small sample sizes. It’s why people love the backup QB. Ngga talkin bout bum ass Shaun Livingston like he was John Havlicheck off the bench stop it
Put some respect on James Posey name as he was a decent player even when he wasn't playing next to stars and shouldn't be grouped in with Chalmers and Delavadova.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Because his heart is set on getting Dame to change his mind.
The issue there is Dame does not have a NTC
And Portland would be really stupid to trade Dame for fukking Tyler Herro, picks and filler
They literally paid 100mil+ to Simons who is the same damn player as Herro
Unless Dame just throws a tantrum and forces his way there, the assets just don't line up
There has to be a team with better assets

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@FAH1223

Does Beal's availability spike more than in recent years in DC now that he's on a contender? I hear the durability concerns with him and KD, but I always felt like he wasn't pressed to play through injuries like that for the Wizards because they weren't serious anyway.

:jbhmm:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The issue there is Dame does not have a NTC
And Portland would be really stupid to trade Dame for fukking Tyler Herro, picks and filler
They literally paid 100mil+ to Simons who is the same damn player as Herro
Unless Dame just throws a tantrum and forces his way there, the assets just don't line up
There has to be a team with better assets
I’ve mentioned before, but a Portland/Miami Heat deal would have to involve Bam or else it should be a nonstarter for Portland. If Dame really wanted to, then he theoretically could force his way to Miami. Don’t underestimate the power that star players have in this league even without a NTC.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@FAH1223

Does Beal's availability spike more than in recent years in DC now that he's on a contender? I hear the durability concerns with him and KD, but I always felt like he wasn't pressed to play through injuries like that for the Wizards because they weren't serious anyway.

:jbhmm:
He would have played over 60 games if they didnt tank at the end of the season.

And in 2021-22, he could have played through a wrist injury but they were already losing ground so he shut it down and got surgery.

Otherwise, he will play if he's available.