BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lFDySS2.jpg

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I know we all put the spotlight on Pat Riley when it comes to the Heat but sometimes I wonder if the lack of urgency and assertiveness to sign or trade for stars and better role players is because of Pat or Micky Arison not wanting to spend money like he did during the LeBron era, remember Pat ain't the one paying these players with money out of his pocket.

I feel like nobody talks about Arison and his role in how the Heat has constructed their roster over the past 3-4 years.

He might be the reason why Miami has gotten so cheap and rather deal with undrafted players, because they cost less, and seeing how the team has been quite successful in making 2 NBA Finals and 3 ECFs, all within 5 years, that alone might make him complacent when it comes to building a roster.

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
Breh we just had the following CHAT GPT ass nikkas make an impact:

Rui Hachimura
Christian Braun
Caleb Martin
Gabe Vincent
Malik Monk
Terrance Davis
Norman Powell
Bruce Brown

I’m pretty sure an Ayton trade can bring in some AI generated nikkas from the Spurs or some shyt to be solid role players

:unimpressed:
Most of those players aren't random players

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Welcome to NBA basketball …that’s how championship teams work ..your stats do star shyt and your bench supplements them ..and you’re in a bad space if you’re depending on rookie second round picks you bought to contribute in the payoffs
They were already in that spot regardless of this trade.

Unless we about to gas Landry Shamet and if that’s the case imma tap out this thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I know we all put the spotlight on Pat Riley when it comes to the Heat but sometimes I wonder if the lack of urgency and assertiveness to sign or trade for stars and better role players is because of Pat or Micky Arison not wanting to spend money like he did during the LeBron era, remember Pat ain't the one paying these players with money out of his pocket.

I feel like nobody talks about Arison and his role in how the Heat has constructed their roster over the past 3-4 years.

He might be the reason why Miami has gotten so cheap and rather deal with undrafted players, because they cost less, and seeing how the team has been quite successful in making 2 NBA Finals and 3 ECFs, all within 5 years, that alone might make him complacent when it comes to building a roster.
Arison has no interest in being a repeat tax offender.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
"Trade Ayton for depth"
So trade your starting C who can put up 18/8 for depth and then who starts at C? Jock Landale? :mjlol:
And I don't like Ayton AT ALL but Beal really does not move the needle
Not only is he redundant with Booker but he's hurt all the fukking time now. So you got 2 super injury prone guys in KD & Beal, these guys are gonna be like that KD/Kyrie/Harden team that played like 15 games together

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
They were already in that spot regardless of this trade.

Unless we about to gas Landry Shamet and if that’s the case imma tap out this thread
Which is by they lost… hence the Luke warm reception that some have towards this deal that makes them even more financially strapped

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Timberwolves better hurry up and trade KAT while they still operating under the old CBA. Hell it’s now or never with dudes like Dame, Kyrie, Harden, Poole and Draymond. That’s why I understand why the Wiz did what they had to do now before the July 1st. It ain’t gonna be no games once them apron rules kick in.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
And other peoples point is that just like before this deal they will still be losers if they don’t create depth

It’s not a moot point as their salary increases this year and next year and the constraints that Beals deal forces them into are even more prohibitive now as well as moving forward….especially once that second apron rule kicks in
It's a fair overall point but I have just been seeing people bring it up in reaction to this trade and I don't think it changes their situation much than before other than getting a much better player. The CBA stuff is a different topic :manny: I am sure the owner is up to date on future ramifications but he is comfortable going for it now than dealing with it later on.