BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
The “clearing cap room” argument doesn’t make much sense to me because for that cap space to be of any value you have to actually do something with it ….what are the options for the Wizards now …give more money to guys like KP and Kuzma? I’d rather have just kept Beal if that’s the play :manny:

They can take on shyt contracts for picks for a few years until they actually have people they need to pay

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Beal to me isn't moving their needle drastically one way or another given how the roster around him is.

The Wizards roster is Oakland A's status. They don't have to spend money. Great, but for the next 2 years they'll just be trash AND cheap. Even with trades like this, normally we say, "at least they have this guy." The Johnny Davis pick, had he been all-rookie makes this easier to stomach. All they have is an expiring Porzingis. I don't even think they entertain an Avdija extension this summer. They haven't hit on their 2nd's.

They're a rare team that needs bodies at this point. Whoever they draft at #8 is their Wemby, whoever it is. Ausar Thompson? Their star. Cam Whitmore? Their star. Bilal Coulibaly? Selling tickets with him. Anthony Black? put the team on his back.

Let's assume CP3 goes to the Clippers for #30/Morris/Covington

C Porzingis (I'd assume he starts the year with them)
PF Morris /Avdija
SF Kispert
SG Davis
PG Wallace (8th pick)

:whoo:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Boston had depth out the ass …didn’t mean shyt when Jaylen Brown started dribbling like he had oven mitts on

Milwaukee had hella depth ..didn’t mean shyt when Giannis ankle twisted

nikkas SWORE the Lakers depth was gonna be an issue for Denver …didn’t mean shyt when Jokic turned into the terminator .

Sixers didn’t lose because of their lack of depth…Embiid just turned into a
p*ssy

The Miami Heats great depth was the Rico Hines open run all-stars
Denver had depth and won the championship.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Beal to me isn't moving their needle drastically one way or another given how the roster around him is.

The Wizards roster is Oakland A's status. They don't have to spend money. Great, but for the next 2 years they'll just be trash AND cheap. Even with trades like this, normally we say, "at least they have this guy." The Johnny Davis pick, had he been all-rookie makes this easier to stomach. All they have is an expiring Porzingis. I don't even think they entertain an Avdija extension this summer. They haven't hit on their 2nd's.

They're a rare team that needs bodies at this point. Whoever they draft at #8 is their Wemby, whoever it is. Ausar Thompson? Their star. Cam Whitmore? Their star. Bilal Coulibaly? Selling tickets with him. Anthony Black? put the team on his back.

Let's assume CP3 goes to the Clippers for #30/Morris/Covington

C Porzingis (I'd assume he starts the year with them)
PF Morris /Avdija
SF Kispert
SG Davis
PG Wallace (8th pick)
It’s like that old Chinese proverb: “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”

They should have traded Beal when they got rid of Wall but they didn’t. You can’t build a time machine like the Terminator and undo that. They would have done the rebuild thing and if they made some smart moves, they’d start to turn it around right now. Now they’ll be bad for a few years and hopefully in 2025 they’ll start to have an intriguing roster. Keeping him around next year is just kicking the can down the road for something you’ll have to go through anyway.