BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Beal situation is the mixture of everything. Supermax contract, a no trade clause, the new CBA, etc. The guy of his talent going for cheap dirt is just amazing. We will see a lot of teams like the Wizards make these moves moving forward, even with normal max contract situations. Again, I have no idea how badly the NBPA fukked up in the meetings. There are a lot of cheap ownerships throughout this league and they get richer while the players get hurt.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Beal situation is the mixture of everything. Supermax contract, a no trade clause, the new CBA, etc. The guy of his talent going for cheap dirt is just amazing. We will see a lot of teams like the Wizards make these moves moving forward, even with normal max contract situations. Again, I have no idea how badly the NBPA fukked up in the meetings. There are a lot of cheap ownerships throughout this league and they get richer while the players get hurt.
I believe it was Bobby Marks who said it a few months ago, but he noted that a lot of teams are probably going to be offloading contracts on the cheap this offseason in preparation for the upcoming CBA changes.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I believe it was Bobby Marks who said it a few months ago, but he noted that a lot of teams are probably going to be offloading contracts on the cheap this offseason in preparation for the upcoming CBA changes.
No team wants to be in that second apron, it’s just so punitive

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
No team wants to be in that second apron, it’s just so punitive
I don't understand why the league keeps making it harder to build

Stop protecting the owners from themselves

The onus should be on these front offices to make wise decisions with how they spend money

This is ridiculous

The Warriors situation with KD was some shyt that won't be replicated

Steph was on a dirt cheap contract because of his ankle problems which alllowed them to sign KD outright.

You can have a championship team in small markets if you make the right decisions and draft wisely.

The NBA was wylin with this new CBA