BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Beal > Middleton
You serious?

You won a title with Middleton as ur #2 already when has Beal proven to be that ? and you wont have to re sign middleton to the money Beal is making....AND
ur gonna give assets on top of that...i wouldnt.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The Wizards giving Beal 250Ms, a no trade-clause last year and then turning around a year later and trading him is probably one of the dumbest front office moves in recent memory.
The man who signed him to that contract, Tommy Sheppard, is fired.

The new guys Michael Winger and Will Dawkins have been dealt a bad hand.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Doesn’t really make the most sense for the Suns honestly :patrice: Miami seems like the better basketball fit

Sun need athletic defenders, slashers and playmakers. Book & KD provide more than enough superstar offense I’d rather they focus on depth and versatility with the rest of the roster

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
just because he has a no trade clause doesn't mean he has all the control. If teams are giving back little value thinking thats the destination he wants.. why should we trade him? He's under contract. If he wants to go somewhere and the team wants to low ball, no one can force the wizards hands realistically.
The new GM wants him and his contract gone. Any assets coming back is just icing on the cake.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
The new GM wants him and his contract gone. Any assets coming back is just icing on the cake.

he came up under some negotiation guru. Whether you want the contract gone or not you don't just give it away for peanuts to people who won't return the favor. Its not good business. This contract should have Miami, Boston, Sixers, Knicks, Bucks, Portland, Lakers, Golden state interested. I'm sitting on my hands until someone on his lists decides to actually give a decent offer. Otherwise its no different to me whether I move him this offseason, mid season or next season. Especially if those are their offers.