BREAKING: Supreme Court Overturns Roe vs Wade

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think this is a combination of a lot of things like the Dems being too scared to fillibuster and are consistently allowing the repubs to bully them. It's like a story of TWO WORLDS. You had obama and now biden trying to stay in the center and you had trump going scorched earth on a white replacement theory jihad.

Some posters on here are very upset about this but I think a lot of people on here and the left wing media are underestimating how many people are not in favor for abortion and/or don't care enough because it never affects them.

The supreme court is putting it on the states and a state like I'm in, Cripple Man Abbott is trying to turn Texas into replica 1950's with the gerrymandering & sundown towns. Like a microcosm of when covid restriction laws were delegated by the states, this abortion law will be the same but as of now we do not know how that will look.

But for those that says voting matters, yes it does.

But when you're black you have to look that statement a little different. I hate using the word "democratic shills" but I think some people are so willfully obtuse or just have another agenda to tell other black people to just "shut up and vote" because the republicans are going to reverse "everything". Meanwhile you have to see every other "minority" group and other people both foreign and domestic getting concrete tangibles you can quantify like money....

All I'm saying is people need to vote in their interest and have you give them something to vote for. Scare tactics will not work..

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
marriage is still the best framework to raise a child

when you have to derail the argument with edge cases, you know you have lost
the argument isn't about the best place to raise a child, it's about not forcing unwanted children. yall don't deal with women so maybe you dont know this, but every pregnancy in a marriage isn't wanted, a lot of married women have abortions - they already have 2-3 kids and don't want more, they're trying to get back into their career, they got pregnant too close to when they had their last, etc...and the SCOTUS is sitting here, and some of these states, looking to target contraception, that's pivotal to family planning for married people (and preventing teen pregnancy)....or do yall magically think that only affects loose thots?

yall can stop quoting me because yall don't even understand the conversation

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
It only takes one Republican to filibuster. Also, literally all but 2 Senate Republicans are anti-abortion. Have you been living under a rock, breh?
A bill to codify Roe/Wade would be all over the news 24/7. What a politician labels themselves and how they vote aren't always congruent. For example, AOC was pro Defund the Police until a bill to fund the Capitol police came up for a vote. I can give numerous examples. Again, pro-lifers aren't as big a voting block as they use to be and all the polls show it. A Cloture vote would put everyone's vote on the SummerJam Screen, putting many Republican jobs seats at risk. We can disagree, but acting like you don't understand my perspective is baffling.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
A bill to codify Roe/Wade would be all over the news 24/7. What a politician labels themselves and how they vote aren't always congruent. For example, AOC was pro Defund the Police until a bill to fund the Capitol police came up for a vote. I can give numerous examples. Again, pro-lifers aren't as big a voting block as they use to be and all the polls show it. A Cloture vote would put everyone's vote on the SummerJam Screen, putting many Republican jobs seats at risk. We can disagree, but acting like you don't understand my perspective is baffling.
I don't because your "perspective" makes no sense.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
increases their chances of what? marriage doesn't not mean a pregnancy is wanted, like wtf?? this isn't going to make people get married more, it's going to breed unwanted children, dangerous abortions, etc. what are yall even arguing?

no shyt a WANTED child in a marriage has some benefits vs a wanted child in a purely sexual relationship, but an unwanted child in any relationship is not going to come out ahead, that's not debatable

What's crazy is breh started the argument by saying people speak in absolutes, only to then immediately speak in absolutes.

Speaking anecdotally, being a child of a married couple doesn't guarantee a fukking thing. My parents were married, and stayed together because of me. I can assure you that there were times where I thought I might've been better off with just one parent. :mjlol:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
the argument isn't about the best place to raise a child, it's about not forcing unwanted children. yall don't deal with women so maybe you dont know this, but every pregnancy in a marriage isn't wanted, a lot of married women have abortions - they already have 2-3 kids and don't want more, they're trying to get back into their career, they got pregnant too close to when they had their last...and the SCOTUS is sitting here, and some of these states, looking to target contraception, that's pivotal to family planning for married people....or do yall magically think that only affects loose thots?

yall can stop quoting me because yall don't even understand the conversation
Them dudes is going hardcore on their bible thumping bullshyt thinking that marriage fixes really everything
This isn't a disney movie :russ:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
evil-future.gif

These justices are sending us back to the 50’s. Scary times ahead

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
You all are just lying now. They chose to give the states the choice. They didn't do anything but turn the decision over to the individual states

How is anyone lying? Those nominees now justices said the law was precedent and set. Then they made it non-Constitutional. If anyone was lying it's those Justices.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
However this proably going to lead to the Dems hopefully gaining more seats in the senate this November.
All these white women finna have to step up and go blue same for 2024.