Breaking: Sub used to take people to see the the Titanic has gone missing (Update: RIP / Breh thinks the Titanic is in the Indian Ocean) )

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
The naivete of white ppl never cease to amaze me. You on a sub going to the abyss with no gps tracker? In 2023. How is that now?you would think that thing would have all kinds of safety measures. Like some sonar shyt or something. The hell

Why u want to see the titanic anyway? Aint he movie enough :what:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So wait. This thing was experimental? No one has used this shirt before?
The naivete of white ppl never cease to amaze me. You on a sub going to the abyss with no gps tracker? In 2023. How is that now?you would think that thing would have all kinds of safety measures. Like some sonar shyt or something. The hell

Why u want to see the titanic anyway? Aint he movie enough :what:
such a head scratcher. Did anyone ever say “what if shyt goes wrong? Shouldn’t we have some safety precautions?”

Engineers: “qué?”

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I always wonder how the crew of Apollo 13 felt when that oxygen tank exploded. Space is probably the only other worse place to get stuck at besides the ocean.

I hope this teaches people not to visit shipwrecks that are basically underwater grave yards. James Cameron may have made it look easy but look where these people are at right now.
I disagree. Adventure and exploring is important for some people. It's important for humanity in general.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

The chief executive of OceanGate was reportedly warned by leaders in the submersible industry that the company’s “experimental approach” could result in problems “from minor to catastrophic”.

The warning came in a 2018 letter to Stockton Rush obtained by the New York Times.

Meanwhile, it emerged that OceanGate was involved in a complex legal case in 2018 with a former employee who claimed there were safety issues.

Court documents filed in Snohomish County, Washington, seen by The Telegraph, showed David Lochridge, a British submersible pilot, had been hired as director of marine operations.

At a meeting on Jan 19 2018, he stated that the company should “obtain a scan of the hull” to “detect potential flaws” rather than “relying on acoustic monitoring”, according to the documents.

He refused to accept the research and development plans and would not authorise manned tests without a scan.

Read more: Titan sub firm boss was warned snags could be ‘catastrophic’

Arrogance at his finest

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

In case anyone wants that in text form:

"Medical investigations were carried out on the remains of the four divers. The most notable finding was the presence of large amounts of fat in large arteries and veins and in the cardiac chambers, as well as intravascular fat in organs, especially the liver.  This fat was unlikely to be embolic, but must have precipitated from the blood in situ.  The autopsy suggested that rapid bubble formation in the blood denatured the lipoprotein complexes, rendering the lipids insoluble.  The blood of the three divers left intact inside the chambers likely boiled instantly, stopping their circulation.  The fourth diver was dismembered and mutilated by the blast forcing him out through the partially blocked doorway and would have died instantly.

"Coward, Lucas, and Bergersen were exposed to the effects of explosive decompression and died in the positions indicated by the diagram. Investigation by forensic pathologists determined that Hellevik, being exposed to the highest pressure gradient and in the process of moving to secure the inner door, was forced through the crescent-shaped opening measuring 24 inches long created by the jammed interior trunk door. With the escaping air and pressure, it included bisection of his thoracoabdominal cavity, which resulted in fragmentation of his body, followed by expulsion of all of the internal organs of his chest and abdomen, except the trachea and a section of small intestine, and of the thoracic spine. These were projected some distance, one section being found 30 feet vertically above the exterior pressure door."

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
So wait. This thing was experimental? No one has used this shirt before?

such a head scratcher. Did anyone ever say “what if shyt goes wrong? Shouldn’t we have some safety precautions?”

Engineers: “qué?”

Think about it in terms that they are "testing/studying" the potential of a platform.... in the same sense that commercial space trips are experimental.

When you have enough money, and little oversight....quality assurance is just two words people put together from time to time.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Man fukk that sub and those people.

Rich a$$holes with nothing better to do with their money so they decide to spend a quarter million to dive to an old ass shipwreck. And a greedy ass company who cheaped out on building everything extracting money from said rich a$$holes.

This is no different than rich a$$holes dying on Mount Everest. They wanted to experience the titanic. Now they get to be with the ghosts of titanic

Last edited: