Breaking: Sub used to take people to see the the Titanic has gone missing (Update: RIP / Breh thinks the Titanic is in the Indian Ocean) )

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Yeah people seem to think they went down there on a cardboard prototype. This wasn't new. It had been used before. That was the problem, it had been used before.

As for the random auto-gyro talk I wouldn't get on one of those either, nor let my family ride in one. They don't have the best safety record. A sloppy pilot can wing it (ha) in today's modern airliner but as you scale down to general aviation you better have your shyt together. Wealthy people dying in helicopter crashes happens with enough regularity that I question why even use them. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
1. 5 people in 70 square feet. Generating heat (breathing) as they are sealing.

2. Higher than normal ambient temperature and humidity due to atmosphere and conditions inside the tube.

3. When the pressure altitude drops lower inside vs. outside...IMPLOSION.

4. The air cools faster inside and creates a low pressure that causes the external pressure to fold the tube in.

Demonstrated here...

They would have been found after 6 failsafe recovery balloons and propellers.

It's over.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
:francis:
So they imploded and turned into fresh buffet for the deep sea creatures.

Does it happen so quick the brain doesn’t realise it or are there seconds of despair?
According to a lot of social media users, you're dead before you know it. Of course, how they would know unless they lived through that experience is another matter, but it makes sense. The pressure from the ocean is literally falling on top of you.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Press conference right now '

- Tail end found 1600 ft from titanic this morning
- Debris consistent with imploding catastrophically
- 5 major pieces found confirmed it was the Titan
- No answer to prospect of finding bodies
- Debris field found nowhere near Titanic
- Too early to tell how soon it imploded
- Too early to answer any why/how questions
- No connection between noises heard and where it was found

No more press conferences.

They used that thing several times before. Ocean found a weak point and that was it.
Basically this^^. Implosion probably happened when they lost contact, which was about halfway down. Could explain the debris pattern spread around the Titanic. A previous colleague working on the project had doubts of the use of carbon fiber for the hull as CF, while strong doesn’t fail slowly…it’s instantly. He believed that the repeated dives without a structural analysis of the hull between each dive probably did the crew in. A small delamination from the repeat pressure and release might’ve been the cause. I hate these guys lost their lives, but if they were so smart, why disregard obvious safety and redundancy deficiencies:

-Fukin text messages thru Elon’s Skylink to navigate and connect to surface with no backup?

-Painted the hull white, the same color as a rolling ocean making it impossible to find on the surface if they were able to surface?

-only able to open from the outside?

-parts from Camper World? They even said on one dive they realized one of the thrusters was installed backwards.

-only a small ass window to look out of? You paying $250k to go down in basically a cac-rigged plastic drum from a clothes dryer to look at wreckage on a computer monitor. James Cameron did that shyt for you for $14.

This is just a sad case of clout overriding common sense.