Breaking: Sub used to take people to see the the Titanic has gone missing (Update: RIP / Breh thinks the Titanic is in the Indian Ocean) )

Daps
Reppin
St louis
EO5ERll.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nevermind the PS controller. SMS? A technology that hasn't been safe to use on land for years is being used in a situation where 5 rich people's lives depend on it?

Wouldn't surprise me if a hacker f*cked with them. This sh*t could turn out to be murder.

some russian hacker named boris controlling the craft

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Oh my . That cbs article is frightening to read. Sounded like amateur hour. The reporter is clearly on some :patrice: the whole time

-Not gonna lie; I was a little nervous, especially given the paperwork, which read, "This experimental vessel has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body, and could result in physical injury, emotional trauma, or death."

-It has one button. "That's it," said Rush. "It should be like an elevator, you know? It shouldn't take a lot of skill."

Rush is the CEO , was he tellin or askin :mjtf:

-It seems like this submersible has some elements of MacGyver jerry-riggedness. I mean, you're putting construction pipes as ballast."

-Our dive in the OceanGate submersible had made it down only 37 feet when floats came off the platform. And that wasn't supposed to happen. The mission was scrubbed.

-The dive was a go! Titan reported arriving "on bottom," sitting at 3,742 meters. But that was the last of the good news.

There's no GPS underwater, so the surface ship is supposed to guide the sub to the shipwreck by sending text messages.
Rush recalled, "I said, 'Do you know where we are?' '100 meters to the bow, then 470 to the bow. If you are lost, so are we!'" But on this dive, communications somehow broke down. The sub never found the wreck. "We were lost," said Shrenik Baldota. "We were lost for two-and-a-half hours."