BREAKING: Roe v Wade has been overturned by the Supreme Court #BothSides

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Yeah I'm sure having a bunch of unwanted children in mostly poor households is a great thing when black child adoption rates are already low.

whats the minimum income requirement needed in order to gain access to reproduction?

50k? 90k?

How come people who use the "poverty" argument never want to pin down a solid income number?

I dont have a problem with the poverty debate... we just need a solid number.

Daps
You don't know what you're talking about. Obama had no choice. McConnell was the Senate Majority Leader. Even if Obama attempted a recess appointment, which McConnell was to make sure didn't happen, the appointment is temporary and the Republican led Senate could just overturn the recess appointment once the Senate session is over.

Amy Comey Barrett was rushed through by McConnell. Who was again was Senate Majority Leader at the time RBG died.

Obama needed to yell about them being obstructionists trying to have that seat be hostage for nine months, but in place he just whimpered and put up no resistance

Imhotep2

Superstar
Daps
Elections matter. Stupid dumbass motherfukkers don't vote, so this is what you get. You were warned :yeshrug:

Also, Brehettes participating in a dumb gender war shytting on their men talm bout we are their true oppressors and they are divesting, meanwhile the cac men they love are about to take away their rights. :mjlol:

Last i heard they are coming for birth control :what:.
Its about to be the handmaids tale for these broads, if only they knew :wow:

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Also, Brehettes participating in a dumb gender war shytting on their men talm bout we are their true oppressors and they are divesting, meanwhile the cac men they love are about to take away their rights. :mjlol:
I mean, it is kind of embarrassing that black men voted for republicans at a 20% clip vs only 4% for black women:yeshrug:

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Apparently they’re coming for birth control next—they’re lumping it in as abortive services. All these Brehs celebrating this, what are y’all plans for when birth control and abortion aren’t options. I guess y’all will have to be accountable too huh? Lol.

Oan, this won’t end abortions. Women have been preparing for this possibility already and are prepared: The Future of Abortion in a Post-Roe America

It’s just sad that’s it coming to this—these men don’t care about the welfare of unwanted babies once they’re born. If men could have babies this wouldn’t even be on the table.

And if they are successful with this, they’ll get rid of gay marriage, trans rights (neither which I care about tbh) and civil rights (which we all need to care about, while some of you are celebrating about old white men doing this—they aren’t on your side)

@Booksnrain what are your thoughts on this?

Oh yeah, they are definitely coming for contraceptives, they have been working on that for a while. This is moral issue for the right, always has been. There is supposed to be a seperation from church and state and to the literal interpretation we have that but these lawmakers and justices are clearly religiously motivated and it shows in every major step they have taken. At this point, the Dems need to use this to bolster support ahead of the midterms, we need the house and we really need the senate beyond Manchin, Sinema, and a few others hiding behind them. With that, we need an expansion of the supreme court, it would be in line with the circuit court, and at this point Republicans have ruined the integrity of the court, there is clearly a partisan swing. And they are counting on local appeals to push their agenda, Trump has stacked the lower courts with young white republicans who are ready to make that happen, but hardly anyone noticed that. In the period of the next two election cycles, Dems have to make up a lot of ground, we have to reach those that aren't registered and the moderates should fall in line at this point. If this doesn't happen, America is fukked, simple as that. Anyone saying otherwise is too simple to see 10 years from now, too simple to see 1 year from now.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/460365-trump-stacking-lower-courts/

How Trump reshaped the fifth circuit to become the ‘most extreme’ US court

Then came Trump, who named six judges to the court, more than a third of its total composition. All are relatively young: they include Andrew Oldham, a former legal adviser to Texas’s governor, Greg Abbott, who is in his early 40s. Federal judges have lifetime tenure and typically serve long after the presidents who nominated them have left office.

These are very critical times, everyone needs to get in contact with the offices of those running and offer phone or even local door support. The Republicans are currently primed for their best opportunity to truly seize this country.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
**clutches pearls**

No waaaaaay. Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Coney-Barrett would vote to overturn legal precedent??

Susan Collins Admits Surprise that Gorsuch and Kavanaugh Bamboozled Her on Roe v. Wade

OPINION: Susan Collins Admits Surprise that Gorsuch and Kavanaugh Bamboozled Her on Roe v. Wade

Senator Susan Collins is almost certainly feeling some level of chagrin today, after a bombshell leak of a draft opinion revealed the Supreme Court is set to overturn the landmark abortion rights decision, Roe v. Wade.

Collins played a significant role in this historic moment in time, seeing as she voted to confirm Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, insisting that both would respect Roe v. Wade as settled law. In fact, a video of Collins repeatedly insisting that Kavanaugh would not vote to overturn the decision nearly immediately went viral following Politico’s story broke.

https://am13.mediaite.com/med/cnt/uploads/2019/10/GettyImages-117683188511.jpg

As a result, the senator’s thoughts on this big breaking news are suddenly super interesting, so credit to CNN’s Manu Raju for catching up with Collins and getting her to comment. Turns out, the Senator believes she was misled. Bamboozled even.

Raju reports Collins telling him: “If this leaked draft opinion is the final decision and this reporting is accurate, it would be completely inconsistent with what Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office.”

Really?! You think? You think they were completely inconsistent? Huh.

And all those warnings you received that they were in fact going to overturn Roe v. Wade and you promptly ignored? How do you feel about that right now? Come on, dude. Get your head in the game.

Collins’s legacy in the U.S. Senate has now become an ignominious one, at least in the eyes of the roughly 70 percent of American citizens who do NOT want to see abortion rights overturned. So there is that.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
“For a decade, anti-abortion advocates have been pushing “personhood” legislation, which says a “person” with all rights due under the Constitution exists at the moment a sperm fertilizes an egg. They also claim, contrary to the scientific consensus, that many forms of hormonal birth control — including the Pill and the IUD — prevent fertilized eggs from implanting in the uterus, thereby killing a person; under this framework, common in-vitro fertilization procedures, in which only some embryos are implanted, would also amount to murder. In reality, more than half of fertilized eggs don’t implant naturally, which is one reason why the medical community defines pregnancy as beginning at implantation, not fertilization.”

Yeah these people are idiots.:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Ma’am! @CarmelBarbie

This might not work the way people think it is:
1.) Sexlessness is already on the rise. These types of restrictions on female sexuality will increase sexlessness in men and women.
2.) Increases in lesbian relationships.
3.) Decreases in birth rates. Ironically.
4.) Increases in female sex toy innovations.
5.) People thot #metoo movement was bad before. It’ll be even worse now, as women will be more on guard about sex.
6.) More games being played by women. More courtship demands and higher standards for men.
7.) Jail is about to be a debtor’s prison. Child support is gonna be 10x worse for dudes. A lotta dudes encourage chicks to abort kids neither of them want. Get ready to be a father, whether you want it or not.

Stats say female celibacy and chicks being childless by choice is on the rise. I don’t blame em.:manny:
I’m just glad this doesn’t effect me. I’m out the game. I think this is also gonna shoot hypergamy through the roof. Chicks are gonna ONLY be screwing if he fine fine and rich. Many not gon even bother risking getting pregnant if he ain’t the Great Gasby. Maybe men will get what they want: a bunch of Esthers in jean skirts holding the panties in a vice grip unless men die to get a sniff.
:pachaha:Simp RnB bout to make a comeback.

Menna

All Star
Daps
If its left up to the States after its overturned cant a women drive miles to another State and get an abortion or a plan B pill???