Breaking News: Vince McMahon officially resigns from WWE/TKO amid Sex Trafficking allegations

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He's the largest and controlling shareholder:skip:
And if the WWE were still privately owned he would have the advantage, but since they're public that means nothing. People are really making this more complicated than it really is, if he were as untouchable as people think then he never would've retired in the first place. Remember that so many people who have worked with Vince have stated that he lives in his own world, which is why he's having a hard time accepting his fate.
Means nothing in the grand scheme of things if advertisers step in and force his hand.
And they've actually gotten more advertisers since he left.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And if the WWE were still privately owned he would have the advantage, but since they're public that means nothing. People are really making this more complicated than it really is, if he were as untouchable as people think then he never would've retired in the first place. Remember that so many people who have worked with Vince have stated that he lives in his own world, which is why he's having a hard time accepting his fate.

And they've actually gotten more advertisers since he left.

The threat he is making is that he would not approve any potential sale if he is not brought back into the fold. The WWE being public or private is irrelevant because he still owns the majority of the voting power needed to approve any sale.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The threat he is making is that he would not approve any potential sale if he is not brought back into the fold. The WWE being public or private is irrelevant because he still owns the majority of the voting power needed to approve any sale.
If they don't want to sale then it doesn't matter. Let's be honest, How long do you think Vince has left to live? I would be shocked if he's still around in 10yrs, and by that time they can declare him whatever they want and stuff him away in some padded room somewhere. Point is if they do sale it'll be either after Vince dies or becomes mentally incompetent.:yeshrug:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
In a nutshell he is going to play chicken with Triple H/Steph/Khan to see who blinks first.

I do remember Cornette saying that Vinny Mac is very much like Trump except he is more articulate and bit “smarter” as him.

This is his final play to gain power back, because when/IF this fails. Vinny Mac might need to be put on watch.. :francis:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they don't want to sale then it doesn't matter. Let's be honest, How long do you think Vince has left to live? I would be shocked if he's still around in 10yrs, and by that time they can declare him whatever they want and stuff him away in some padded room somewhere. Point is if they do sale it'll be either after Vince dies or becomes mentally incompetent.:yeshrug:
Vince lives a relatively clean/healthy life style.

His mother lived to be 101

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Being that Vince is a majority shareholder, he likely has the right to vote for new members of the board (which he just did). If he gets his way and changes the board, the board can elect new officers (kick out the old regime).

Seeing how Vince is he probably has a trust set up to distribute his shares not to his family when he dies because he is that petty.

In a nutshell he is going to play chicken with Triple H/Steph/Khan to see who blinks first.

I do remember Cornette saying that Vinny Mac is very much like Trump except he is more articulate and bit “smarter” as him.

This is his final play to gain power back, because when/IF this fails. Vinny Mac might need to be put on watch.. :francis:

The power of ownership. When the news broke that he was leaving management and i saw he still owned his shares I guessed that something like this could happen. He effectively still has a grip of the company.