Breaking News: Vince McMahon officially resigns from WWE/TKO amid Sex Trafficking allegations

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Cornette's podcast buddy Brain Last is going to be sick when he sees Vince pocket $6-$8 billions in a few months :russ:
xrd-exrd.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Here me out for a second

Given the amount of millionaires we have on this forum, we should poop together and put in our bid
You do that by yourself playboy :dame:
That's not what i meant. Netflix has no experience or infrastructure with live events. They actually consider themselves a tech company. it would be something completely out of their lane to buy WWE.

Yeah, Netflix would be a terrible idea. What if they go under or really hit the skids?

This is maybe why Vince is needed to guide, altho should be common sense

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
If Shahid Khan puts up the money. :deadrose:
A lot of the drones may hate it, but this might be the best scenario for WWE fans :yeshrug:

If you think about it, nobody who could buy WWE loves wrestling or it's history more than Tony Khan does. He'd probably leave it alone and understand that WWE has a separate history & culture than AEW & at least respect it on some level.

Remember, The Saudis thought Ultimate Warrior & Yokozuna were still alive :heh:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
A lot of the drones may hate it, but this might be the best scenario for WWE fans :yeshrug:

If you think about it, nobody who could buy WWE loves wrestling or it's history more than Tony Khan does. He'd probably leave it alone and understand that WWE has a separate history & culture than AEW & at least respect it on some level.

Remember, The Saudis thought Ultimate Warrior & Yokozuna were still alive :heh:

:dead:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Endevor and Comcast are a safe bet in terms of having the money and foresight to use them proper as an asset

I think the Saudis have the most money but I dont think they have the structure to run it

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Endevor and Comcast are a safe bet in terms of having the money and foresight to use them proper as an asset

I think the Saudis have the most money but I dont think they have the structure to run it

The problem with being bought by a network is they don't get paid the TV rights deals anymore since they would technically be an in-house production. So for example if NBCU needs to cut costs, they could theoretically look at the WWE department and say X, Y, and Z need to be trimmed back.

Their best bet is to sell to Endeavor so they can still rake in the hundreds of millions of dollars in TV rights per year.

The most McMahon-ian outcome is the Saudis paying $20 billion or some number that absurdly overvalues the company with the catch of Vince coming back to creative, which would make everyone (the board, shareholders, wrestlers, company, etc.) in a very awkward spot.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
The problem with being bought by a network is they don't get paid the TV rights deals anymore since they would technically be an in-house production. So for example if NBCU needs to cut costs, they could theoretically look at the WWE department and say X, Y, and Z need to be trimmed back.

Their best bet is to sell to Endeavor so they can still rake in the hundreds of millions of dollars in TV rights per year.

The most McMahon-ian outcome is the Saudis paying $20 billion or some number that absurdly overvalues the company with the catch of Vince coming back to creative, which would make everyone (the board, shareholders, wrestlers, company, etc.) in a very awkward spot.

That's the scenario I see playing out. Vince will get his money and somehow still have creative control. Vince is not going to retire. This company is his life until his heart stops beating. :francis:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Considering Liberty Media CEO John Malone is a power player on the WBD board and there has been a lot of talk about how WBD wants to transition more into the licensed content provider arena so I could see some sort of Liberty/WBD combo going after WWE just for the TV rights money alone.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

A friend of mine, who is a party in the WWE shareholder derivative suit that was filed last June by Scott and Scott after the NDA allegations against Vince McMahon surfaced, sent me the following update email that he received today from the lawyers (with names redacted to ensure privacy):
I hope you had a great holiday season. I’m writing with an update on WWE. We have been working with the company for several months and have received several internal documents, which we have been reviewing. We expect to get an additional batch of documents this week.
You also may have seen the news this past week about Vince McMahon forcing his way back onto the board, along with a major board shakeup. As a result, we believe there is enough of a basis to bring a breach of a fiduciary lawsuit. We hope to file a complaint against McMahon and possibly other directors/officers for breaching their duties to WWE and its shareholders. We should have a draft for you to review in the next couple of days.
It will also require a signature on a one-page verification which we will also send. In the meantime, do you have a phone number we could use in case we need to contact you that way? Please let me know if you have any questions about anything.
And it begins…