Breaking News: RIP Roger Ebert Dead At Age 70

Niki

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town!
I saw him in person at a few movie screenings I went to and he looked terrible. It was hard to look in his direction without grimacing at the way his face looked. He lost quite a bit of weight as well. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. R.I.P. Ebert.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You don't understand because you're a mid 90's baby. Siskel and Ebert are a institution. The 70's and 80's babies are showing love because we grew up watching them and we understand their contributions to the film industry in a time before the internet. If you care, watch some of the commentary that's about to pop up(because there will be some).

For me, it was over when Siskel died. They are the best to ever do it. RIP Siskel & Ebert

Exactly. If you are a 70's/80's baby you grew with with both Siskel and Ebert. Do people understand when you saw movie commercials the 1st names you would see was "Siskel and Ebert gives it two thumbs up". Or if you copped a VHS on the back it would say what Siskel and Ebert thought. This was before the internet when people use to read reviews in the paper and not suck off Rotten Tomatoes like it's the end all be all of reviews.

Again I didn't agree with him and I do think he was wrong on certain movies but you cannot deny this man's passion for film. He's watch 1,000's of films and wrote 1,000's of reviews. I agree that when Siskel died everything fell apart. Ebert and Roper didn't have the same chemistry and then he got cancer and lost his jaw. But they will be Legends. It's just crazy to think about how powerful their reviews use to be. They had hollywood shook hoping for "Thumbs Up". What's really funny is I think near the end they were clearly getting paid of, lol. Cause I'll never forget seeing:

tumblr_mexjraogja1qz874do1_500.jpg

"SPEED 2: TWO THUMBS UP" LOL

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
RIP

Genuinely bums me out. He was the film critic I trusted the most.