BREAKING NEWS: DAME DOLLAR Lillard Traded To Bucks!!! DominAYTON & Jrue To Blazers!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Hard for me to like this trade, feels like they could have gotten more for Dame. Only way it works out is if Ayton reinvents himself in Portland and Jrue gets flipped for a major bag.

It will have to be a multi-team trade then if it happens before the season

Jrue at 36 mill. Pretty hard to get to straight up unless it’s harden or Lowry

Portland isn't in any hurry, unless Jrue is gonna be an ass about it then personally, I would keep him to mentor the young guys. You could wait until the trade deadline to deal him, or if chemistry is good and the Blazers are completing for the play-in (unlikely but just for hypotheticals) then you could even wait until next offseason to trade him.

What does Portland want for him besides picks???

They basically should want a young forward version of Jrue....which means it's unlikely anyone gonna give that. So they should be looking for picks.

OG Anunoby would be perfect, but Raptors ain't giving him up. Would Portland want Gary Trent Jr. back?

Brogdon and a pick would be interesting, if they could get Williams or White too that would be solid.

It’s already been well established they want nothing to do with Herro

Herro would be a horrible fit for Portland with Scoot/Simons already there. Miami ain't gonna give Bam/Butler, and they have nothing else Portland would want unless "playoffs Caleb Martin" is a real thing.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hard for me to like this trade, feels like they could have gotten more for Dame. Only way it works out is if Ayton reinvents himself in Portland and Jrue gets flipped for a major bag.

Portland isn't in any hurry, unless Jrue is gonna be an ass about it then personally, I would keep him to mentor the young guys. You could wait until the trade deadline to deal him, or if chemistry is good and the Blazers are completing for the play-in (unlikely but just for hypotheticals) then you could even wait until next offseason to trade him.

They basically should want a young forward version of Jrue....which means it's unlikely anyone gonna give that. So they should be looking for picks.

OG Anunoby would be perfect, but Raptors ain't giving him up. Would Portland want Gary Trent Jr. back?

Brogdon and a pick would be interesting, if they could get Williams or White too that would be solid.

Herro would be a horrible fit for Portland with Scoot/Simons already there. Miami ain't gonna give Bam/Butler, and they have nothing else Portland would want unless "playoffs Caleb Martin" is a real thing.
Chicago is a team to keep an eye on for Jrue. If Chicago really wanted to add Jrue they could offer Lonzo's contract, Caruso, Patrick Williams and future picks for him right now.

I wouldn't do that if I'm Chicago, but they have committed to this core and that's one way they could add to it I guess.

:patrice:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Call me a homer if you want, but the Heat had a better offer than what Cronin took from Milwaukee. Portland is now in a spot where they don’t have a franchise player so the play to make is get as many draft picks and promising young players with as much upside as possible to either play or trade for picks or other players. Herro can be packaged for picks or players if the blazers didn’t want him and I think they’d have gotten an extra 1st round pick to begin with. I can’t see a scenario where anyone gives up much for Holliday either. I can’t think of a contender that he’d be the missing piece for.

dfresh

Pro
Daps
lol Portland already has too many guards that’s why they want to trade jru.

They need forwards and picks to match jru salary and there’s only a few teams that fit that bill.

Warriors - cp( expiring) and kuminga.

Raptors - og and Trent(expiring). Only problem is masai be doing to much pump faking

Don’t think Portland would be interested in Boston trade package because they just got ayton and scoot.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Call me a homer if you want, but the Heat had a better offer than what Cronin took from Milwaukee. Portland is now in a spot where they don’t have a franchise player so the play to make is get as many draft picks and promising young players with as much upside as possible to either play or trade for picks or other players. Herro can be packaged for picks or players if the blazers didn’t want him and I think they’d have gotten an extra 1st round pick to begin with. I can’t see a scenario where anyone gives up much for Holliday either. I can’t think of a contender that he’d be the missing piece for.

Portland had absolutely zero desire to go into the season with Herro, he only hurts their playing time and shots for the young players they actually want to develop. If they couldn't flip him right away, then that's a tough trade to make. And Miami's picks aren't going to be good ones.

Lots of contenders would love to have Jrue. He'd be an incredible piece for the Celtics, Warriors, Lakers, Pelicans, Kings, or Suns. The big question is which one of those teams can give up enough for him without ruining what they have.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Portland had absolutely zero desire to go into the season with Herro, he only hurts their playing time and shots for the young players they actually want to develop. If they couldn't flip him right away, then that's a tough trade to make. And Miami's picks aren't going to be good ones.

Lots of contenders would love to have Jrue. He'd be an incredible piece for the Celtics, Warriors, Lakers, Pelicans, Kings, or Suns. The big question is which one of those teams can give up enough for him without ruining what they have.
I don’t see any room for him with the warriors with their back court. I’ve heard he’s retiring in 2 years so I don’t see much value in him going to Sacramento or New Orleans. Wouldn’t Phoenix have wanted him in the deal? I don’t see any logic in them making this deal and then trying to trade for Holliday. Didn’t Boston make a trade for a new point guard already? Because they’re the lakers I’d expect Portland to want a fortune from them for him. I don’t know. This doesn’t make sense to me for Portland. Even if they didn’t want Herro, I’m sure there’s plenty of teams would could’ve used a player with his skill set at his age and I don’t see how the pick they got from Milwaukee is gonna be better given the roster the bucks have.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don’t see any room for him with the warriors with their back court.

CP3's expiring, picks, and a young player or two (some combination of Payton, Looney, Kuminga, or Moody).

Can play Steph, Jrue, Klay, and Wiggins simultaneously no problem. Or even sit Klay at times if he still isn't looking good.

I’ve heard he’s retiring in 2 years so I don’t see much value in him going to Sacramento or New Orleans.

Both of those teams have enough pieces to "win now", and might feel they need to make a deep run to keep their young stars from fleeing. You're right, it's tough though.

Wouldn’t Phoenix have wanted him in the deal?

I don't know why they wouldn't. Maybe they can't trade Beal yet? If I were the Suns then I would move him for Beal with the right incentives. But it's possible that Portland doesn't want Beal with Simons there.

Didn’t Boston make a trade for a new point guard already?

Yet they say they're interested, and have some combination of Brogdon, Williams, and White to offer.

Because they’re the lakers I’d expect Portland to want a fortune from them for him.

Yeah, the only way I see it working out is if Rui is involved, and Lakers ain't giving him up because they're trying to do the "win now and still have something for later" thing.

Toronto says they're interested too, and has all sorts of shyt to offer.