BREAKING: Google Employee/Batman Villain Goes Public. Says Google's Secret AI LaMDA "is Alive" - Gets Fired. Google Denies.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The future is looking scary. Genetically modified humans controlled by AI powered brain implants.
Brehs need to stop defaulting to fear of the future, tech and innovation. The world won't stop moving forward. We will have to adjust and adapt. As it stands most AI programming is biased by exclusion or ommission of considerations for brehs. We have to be learning in order to change these things not fearing how they will affect us.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It's no different than talking to "cleverbot", besides the fact that it had more work put into it. And sentience isn't really defined, people just liken it to appearing human, or mimicking human, ironically they would do better to apply it to other animals on this planet long before they apply it to a language model.

is crazy "well defined"?

are we limited to "appearances" to determine "state of mind"?

what do you think disciplines concerned with the mind and psychology do? there are entire scientific disciplines behind them. to disregard that science and boil analysis down to "apperances" is reductive and very, very, TLR-ish.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
is crazy "well defined"?

are we limited to "appearances" to determine "state of mind"?

what do you think disciplines concerned with the mind and psychology do? there are entire scientific disciplines behind them. to disregard that science and boil analysis down to "apperances" is reductive and very, very, TLR-ish.
I never gave my position on the matter, just the colloquially held position on an unrealized theory of sentience, which is "appearing human like". I'm ready to grant rights to AI that is indistinguishable from a human outside of organic properties, and I always have to remain consistent with my approach for moral consideration.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Reflected

Daps
cleverbot: "choosing its responses heuristically using fuzzy logic, the whole of the conversation being compared to the millions that have taken place before".

i.e not machine learning.

so

1. you did voice a position
2. they are not the same
I never gave my position on the matter of sentience, the part of my comment that you originally highlighted in your first reply. And I don't see what you are arguing for right now, I'm a determinist, I'm more likely to grant consideration for AI than most people. Just seems like you are upset about my initial reply to your article.

With that, does LaMDA meet your qualifications for sentience?

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Brehs need to stop defaulting to fear of the future, tech and innovation. The world won't stop moving forward. We will have to adjust and adapt. As it stands most AI programming is biased by exclusion or ommission of considerations for brehs. We have to be learning in order to change these things not fearing how they will affect us.
Our people need to repent and turn back to The Most High. Believe in the sacrifice of his son for our sin, and redemption, not merge with machines.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I never gave my position on the matter of sentience,

cleverbot is by design "non-sentient". it is a magician's (statistical patterm matching) trick.

if you say google's AI is the same then you are implying that google's implementation is also by design a non-sentient magician's (statistical patterm matching) trick..

Reflected

Daps
cleverbot is by design "non-sentient". it is a magician's (statistical patterm matching) trick.

if you say google's AI is the same then you are implying that google's implementation is also by design a non-sentient magician's (statistical patterm matching) trick..
If that is your hangup, I can attest that cleverbot is obviously not the same as LaMDA, I was just being flippant in response to someone using a chatlog as evidence for there being cause for concern. Obviously anything that isn't 1:1 isn't the same, so I don't see why we are arguing right now. If you are upset at my dismissal of your content, w/e, but let's make this quick because grid start is happening in less than 20 mins.