Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Nah b, it wasn't that simple. Gretchen was his ex and from what we know things ended badly between them. He harbors some animosity for them because apparently all their success is owed to his contribution to that science thing (forgot what it was called - grey matter?). They became super rich and even got a nobel prize due to WALT'S work (at least from what we know), and he ended up being an over-qualified high school chemistry teacher. You can't fault him for not wanting to accept their charity.

I wouldn't blame the deaths of the plane crash on Walt either. If you are gonna go by that logic, it is technically Jesse's fault for allowing her to relapse and going down that path again, etc etc. Him being more concerned about his marriage in the end and seemingly oblivious about the crash when it happened spoke more of his character and his mind state at the time, but I wouldn't put the responsibility all on him.

didn't he turn her on back though?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As always here is the spoiler-light preview of the ep courtesy of AICN.com:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57184

What’s it called?
“Madrigal.”

Who’s responsible?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Vince Gilligan.

What says AMC?
“Walt and Jesse pursue an unlikely business partner; the DEA follows new leads.”

Do we get another flashforward featuring a not-bald Walter White?
Not this week.

How does it start?
In a room with a fellow who looks a bit like Stephen Merchant.

The big news?
“Madrigal” is one of the best “Breaking Bad” episodes yet aired.

What else is AMC not telling us?
Pretty Scottish actress Laura Fraser (“A Knight’s Tale,” “Vanilla Sky”) joins the cast as what appears to be a major new character named Lydia. This episode is really all about my favorite “Breaking Bad” character, world-weary ex-cop and former Gus Fring henchman Mike Ehrmantraut.

What’s great?
This is a tremendous episode for both Jonathan Banks and Dean Norris. Ehrmantraut continues to rival even Raylan Givens in terms of pure badassery. The signage. The story about the foil pouch. Walt’s wait for the handshake. “Right in front of me. Right under my nose.” “Guarding the special sauce?” “Are you ready?” “First I’m hearing about that.” Pedo Schuler. Kayliegh. Lydia. Chao. Chris.

What’s not so great?
After tonight, only six more 2012 episodes remain.

How does 5.2 end, spoiler boy?
“There’s no better reason than family.”

One of the best episodes of the series? :ohhh:

Sounds :whoo:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
didn't he turn her on back though?

Yeah, he caused Jane's death.

I was just saying - we can't just be like "well he caused Jane to die, which caused her dad to, etc etc"

cuz then it'd be like "Well Jesse got her back on the heroin"

then it'd be like "well if Jesse never met Walt ..."

etc :laugh:

But yeah he is responsible for Jane's death, it wasn't as simple as him "letting" her die, he did cause it. :manny: She blackmailed him tho :hmm:

Finelli

Trapped in the 90's
Daps
Reppin
1998 SOHH
:childplease: that blood is on Jesse's hands. That bish would have ran thru that money and blackmailed Walt again. Walt wasnt gettin high with her :usure:

If your at the pool and you see someone standing above a woman who is drowning with a life vest in their hand and they don't throw it on some "I'm not saving this hoe just because it would be extremely convenient for me if she dies type shyt". Would you blame her drowning on whoever brought her to the pool or whoever didn't throw her the life vest?:ld:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
If your at the pool and you see someone standing above a woman who is drowning with a life vest in their hand and they don't throw it on some "I'm not saving this hoe just because it would be extremely convenient for me if she dies type shyt". Would you blame her drowning on whoever brought her to the pool or whoever didn't throw her the life vest?:ld:

Did the woman's boyfriend push her in the pool? And was she blackmailing the guy with the vest?:leostare:

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
anyone else on directv's sound fukking up on AMC, im watching district 9 like :damn: i hope its just this movie