Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I finished watching S5 Part 1 a few days ago and have to say I was disappointed at the ending.

If they ended it boring as fukk, with Walt just there chilling with his family after he was out, would've been the GOAT ending.

But of course not. The guy finds it in a book in the bathroom, and this minor detail unravels everything. Get the fukk outta here. Kill tons of people but keep a book that's obvious, especially after having the convo about W.W.

All I'm saying is the ending better be GOOD cause I don't fukk with random shyt like that. (aka Dexter and the random GPS, pissed me off)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I finished watching S5 Part 1 a few days ago and have to say I was disappointed at the ending.

If they ended it boring as fukk, with Walt just there chilling with his family after he was out, would've been the GOAT ending.

But of course not. The guy finds it in a book in the bathroom, and this minor detail unravels everything. Get the fukk outta here. Kill tons of people but keep a book that's obvious, especially after having the convo about W.W.

All I'm saying is the ending better be GOOD cause I don't fukk with random shyt like that. (aka Dexter and the random GPS, pissed me off)

Random?

The book has been around since season 3, and popped up 2-3 times during this season. It's not as if it fell out of the sky in that ep.

It's funny all the times that book was shown this season, nobody cared about Walt hiding it or getting rid of it.

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random?

The book has been around since season 3, and popped up 2-3 times during this season. It's not as if it fell out of the sky in that ep.

It's funny all the times that book was shown this season, nobody cared about Walt hiding it or getting rid of it.

Fred.
:whoa:It was never shown that gale gave it to him. We just see it appear when walts reading it , so it would be a real reach for anyone to know ahead of time

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoa:It was never shown that gale gave it to him. We just see it appear when walts reading it , so it would be a real reach for anyone to know ahead of time

:why:

They showed the book in season 3 directly after Gale and him are talking.

The first time the book pops up this season is ep 3. Then after that, we see the book 2-3 more times. He's shown unpacking it in ep 3, then it's shown again in ep 4 under the watch Jesse gave him at the end of the ep, then again in ep 8 when Walt is taking a shower. Then Hank finds it at the end of ep 8.

EDIT:

Had to fix something I got wrong.

Fred.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I'm not talking about the book is random, I'm talking that it's random chance that Hank found out, and that Walt didn't throw it away or rip the pages out even after having that conversation. It's just idiotic and not in line with the ENTIRE 5 seasons so far.

and a justification like "that's why its so brilliant" is missing the point

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I don't see how it's random though, if anything I think the fact Walt kept the book just emphasizes how untouchable Walt thinks he is now. Going back to season 2 when Hank asked him whats in the bag and Walt replies half a million or whatever the dollar amount was. Or when Hank asked Walt for help in the case and and Hank jokingly ask if W.W. stands for Walter White and Walt replies back "Got Me". Or the scene in season 4 where Hank wants to turn into the laundry mat where he suspects Gus's meth lab is and Walt in turn totals his car instead of going there. Lets not forget how sloppy his whole operation was from the get go. Still making meth in a broken down RV when even him and Jesse questioned why they didn't buy a new RV even though they had the cash. Or Walt trying to get Mike to turn against Walt. The entire series as often as Walt is on the ball he also has been very sloppy and couple that with how untouchable Walt thinks he is, I don't see how the book is random at all.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not talking about the book is random, I'm talking that it's random chance that Hank found out, and that Walt didn't throw it away or rip the pages out even after having that conversation. It's just idiotic and not in line with the ENTIRE 5 seasons so far.

and a justification like "that's why its so brilliant" is missing the point

Breh, you ever watch those "true crime" series? I think it was on the Discovery Channel (or History Channel) and went into some of the greatest crimes in history.

shyt like this happens all the time.

EDIT:

Found one. Watch a few of these if you get a chance. It's the small, seemingly unimportant details and/or random chance that completely fukks criminals up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterminds_(Canadian_TV_series)

Fred.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_Kd9ZoA6Q]YouTube - Taylor Swift + Breaking Bad Parody - 'We Are Never Ever Gonna Cook Together'[/ame]

Seen this on AMC, had to come and post it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm confused. Hank found that book on Walt's toilet. but what does that mean? whats in the book? does it incriminate him? explain brehs

:dwillhuh:

Uh....ok bet.

In season 3 ep 6, Walt and Gale are discussing poetry by Walt Whitman:

The very next scene after that, Walt is seen reading that book, "Leaves of Grass":

500x1000px-LL-cc4f62a6_breakingbadsunset.png

You never see Gale give it to him, but he did.

Now, fast forward to Season 4. Hank found the lab notes that Gale wrote. In Season 4 ep 4 he was showing them to Walt:

The front of the lab notes said:

To W.W., My Star, My Perfect Silence.

Walt was sitting there like :whew: because his initials are W.W.

But he thinks fast and says :youngsabo: "oh nah, it actually stands for Walt Whitman". Hank is like :ld::yeshrug:

Now fast forward again to season 5. "Leaves of Grass" pops up in eps 3, 4, and 8 before Hank finds it. Walt had it just laying around the house.

In the back of the book it says:

To My Other Favorite W.W., It's An Honor Working With You. Fondly, G.B.

So W.W. = Walter White. Meaning he was with Gale in the lab. Meaning he's Heisenberg.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
:dwillhuh:

Uh....ok bet.

In season 3 ep 6, Walt and Gale are discussing poetry by Walt Whitman:

When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer - Breaking Bad (orig: Walt Whitman) - YouTube

The very next scene after that, Walt is seen reading that book, "Leaves of Grass":

500x1000px-LL-cc4f62a6_breakingbadsunset.png

You never see Gale give it to him, but he did.

Now, fast forward to Season 4. Hank found the lab notes that Gale wrote. In Season 4 ep 4 he was showing them to Walt:

Breaking Bad 4x04 'Bullet points' You got me - YouTube

The front of the lab notes said:

Walt was sitting there like :whew: because his initials are W.W.

But he thinks fast and says :youngsabo: "oh nah, it actually stands for Walt Whitman". Hank is like :ld::yeshrug:

Now fast forward again to season 5. "Leaves of Grass" pops up in eps 3, 4, and 8 before Hank finds it. Walt just had it laying around the house.

In the back of the book it says:

So W.W. = Walter White. Meaning he was with Gale in the lab. Meaning he's Heisenberg.

Fred.

Great post Fred, but let's not forget season 5's "Fifty-One"(ep.4). Where jesse gives Walt a watch for his birthday. And at the end of the ep, Walt places it on the nightstand atop said book. With the second hand ticking like a timebomb to close out the ep....

watch-nightstand.png