Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I actually feel sorry for these dudes regarding the finale next year. They're entering the Wire/Sopranos territory now. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. It can't be too negative or positive or fans will be furious. You can't satisfy everyone as those two HBO shows found out.

They can go the David Chase route and be ambiguous giving fans something to debate for years. Or they can go the Wire route where most were pissed how nothing really "bad" happened to the bad guy.
I think they're fukked either way :russ:

David Chase was a coward and a dikk for how he ended the Sopranos, damn near ruined the whole series with that nonsense. Sopranos had some of the greatest replay value next to the Wire as a drama series has ever seen until that abortion of a last season.

The Wire had a good & well received ending. People only had problems with aspects of the final season's storyline. The streets were still piff as usual though.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
David Chase was a coward and a dikk for how he ended the Sopranos, damn near ruined the whole series with that nonsense. Sopranos had some of the greatest replay value next to the Wire as a drama series has ever seen until that abortion of a last season.

The Wire had a good & well received ending. People only had problems with aspects of the final season's storyline. The streets were still piff as usual though.

I thought "The Wire" ended perfectly, but hated season 5.

Fred.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Was watching the scene of the 9 guys getting killed and read this comment which I thought had some good points.

"Not sure if this has been said anywhere yet but for those curious about the SPIDER IN THE JAR symbolism:*
Walt has been chasing flies since Season 4, very much like A SPIDER-- and the symbolism behind that has evolved since then. A fly has come to represent a contaminant-- something that needs to be eliminated in order for Walt to be stable and happy. *
Walt stares at the fly in the opening of this episode, an obvious allusion to the fact that Mike is a contaminant and they need to rid themselves of the evidence of his murder; as well as the fact that Walt's own impending approach to full-evil is a contaminant-- threatening his business and his family.*
By the end of the episode, once he's 'out' of the business, a cockroach (or beetle?) is shown crawling across Walt's home, perhaps a nod to the fact that the contaminant has grown exponentially, as well as indicating that Hank is about to find out, since he is the contaminant that has been allowed in the home.*
So, the SPIDER IN THE JAR is Walt. Despite the fact that he's done chasing flies, and he's out of the business-- he still cannot leave because he is trapped in a jar. He's dangerous, and he's meant to be feared, but he's harmless and hopeless inside that jar that Hank will continue to keep him in."

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Was watching the scene of the 9 guys getting killed and read this comment which I thought had some good points.

"Not sure if this has been said anywhere yet but for those curious about the SPIDER IN THE JAR symbolism:*
Walt has been chasing flies since Season 4, very much like A SPIDER-- and the symbolism behind that has evolved since then. A fly has come to represent a contaminant-- something that needs to be eliminated in order for Walt to be stable and happy. *
Walt stares at the fly in the opening of this episode, an obvious allusion to the fact that Mike is a contaminant and they need to rid themselves of the evidence of his murder; as well as the fact that Walt's own impending approach to full-evil is a contaminant-- threatening his business and his family.*
By the end of the episode, once he's 'out' of the business, a cockroach (or beetle?) is shown crawling across Walt's home, perhaps a nod to the fact that the contaminant has grown exponentially, as well as indicating that Hank is about to find out, since he is the contaminant that has been allowed in the home.*
So, the SPIDER IN THE JAR is Walt. Despite the fact that he's done chasing flies, and he's out of the business-- he still cannot leave because he is trapped in a jar. He's dangerous, and he's meant to be feared, but he's harmless and hopeless inside that jar that Hank will continue to keep him in."

lmao @ "obvious allusion". this is a reach that reads like a book report written by a kid who didnt even read the book

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )

Yea but Todd is the one in actual possession of said jar :usure:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot

KpB2X.gif

:heh:

DjBKw.gif

There is some great gifs and pics in that link..

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Nah they aren't fukked. If you have Walt go out shooting I think fans can be satisfied with that. He'll have paid for what he's done and it would make for an entertaining finish.

We basically know now that this can't end positively for Walt since Hank has it all but figured out. I'd be cool with a final scene of Walt on death row talking to Hank through the glass, or a Training Day like ending :myman:
:wtf: To be on death row would take too long, it would have to go court and a case this big would take years to prosecute, he would be dead before he got to death row.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Besides, if Walt is on Death Row Hank ain't gonna be talking to him through the glass. They're both gonna be on the same side of the glass, because there's no way in hell anybody would believe Hank didn't orchestrate this meth empire with his brother-in-law.

That's why I said, Hank will keep this info to himself. Earlier I said maybe it'd be cool if they play cat-and-mouse, I'm not even sure Hank would risk that considering he knows how ruthless Heisenberg is.

Not sure what Hank can do really. :yeshrug:

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Besides, if Walt is on Death Row Hank ain't gonna be talking to him through the glass. They're both gonna be on the same side of the glass, because there's no way in hell anybody would believe Hank didn't orchestrate this meth empire with his brother-in-law.

That's why I said, Hank will keep this info to himself. Earlier I said maybe it'd be cool if they play cat-and-mouse, I'm not even sure Hank would risk that considering he knows how ruthless Heisenberg is.

Not sure what Hank can do really. :yeshrug:

Fred.

Exactly hank has to be ok with going to jail ruining his life. The funnier thing would be to force hank into the new mike role or have to help Walt cover stuff up

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Remember how Hank acted after he was set-up? He beat the shyt outta Jesse and some dude at a bar.

He can get VERY reckless when he lets the case get personal. I can only imagine what will happen between him and Walt.

There will be blood brehs :sadbron:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Unless a movie is in production and is definitely coming out, no television show show go out like the Sopranos. If Breaking Bad did that, I don't know how the show couldn't be garbage status.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Remember how Hank acted after he was set-up? He beat the shyt outta Jesse and some dude at a bar.

He can get VERY reckless when he lets the case get personal. I can only imagine what will happen between him and Walt.

There will be blood brehs :sadbron:

What's funny is Vince Gilligan has said "now that we're into the last 8 eps, we can stop being timid and cowardly about where the story goes".

I was like :wtf: you were being timid with the story?

So they're probably gonna kill everybody. :lawd:

Fred.