Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
And what he's saying makes no sense. We've never been told what year the show starts, we just know when the show started to air. If the first ep said "2008" in the intro or something, he would have a point. All we know about the time line is, it's a year after the start of the show.

Fred.

The TorRed Dodge Challenger that Walt bought for his son new with the sticker in the window is a 2009 model...That seems to be a reasonable starting point to build a 1 year timeline around...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The TorRed Dodge Challenger that Walt bought for his son new with the sticker in the window is a 2009 model...That seems to be a reasonable starting point to build a 1 year timeline around...

Actually....

If you saw this episode you saw Walt drifting in a red SE and then blowing it up. Later in the episode Walt Jr. describes the car to his uncle as a 470 horsepower car with 2011 SRT8 specs. I wonder why Dodge did not supply a genuine SRT8 for the show? I realize the show was shot in model year 2010. The SE used is a 2010 model. The scene where the car is blown up is a long shot so my guess is that they blew up a stunt double, shell of a real Challenger.
I still think Dodge missed a heck of a opportunity by not featuring an SRT8 instead of the SE. I realize the show is pure fiction but any real car person can tell the difference between the single exhaust of the SE and an SRT8.

Challenger on Breaking Bad 8/28/11 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

So it wasn't '09. What's funny is the car isn't an '11 model but Walt Jr. gave the '11 specs. I assume because most people wouldn't notice, and an older model is cheaper.

So nah, this isn't really concrete proof of what year it is.

Fred.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Someone actually calculated how much money was probably in that Breaking Bad pile | TV | Great Job, Internet! | The A.V. Club

The midseason finale of Breaking Bad found Walter presented with a question—"How much is enough?"—accompanied by the very powerful visual aid of a big-ass stack of money. Too much money, as Skyler points out, to even count, suggesting it might be time for Walter to get out of "the empire business" and just build a little money castle with money peasants that he can be Money King of, if he wants to. But of course, "too much to count" is just the sort of thing that the Internet accepts as a challenge, and so Tom Cook, a contributor at crowd-sourced question-and-answer site Quora, actually set out to calculate it, using estimates based on the visible denominations and the approximate volume of the stack. And according to Cook, a rough guess works out to somewhere between $17,500,000 (using a minimum of $2,000 for every bill bundle) and $43,860,000. In short: NOT ENOUGH, REALLY. MAKE MORE METH. [via UPROXX]

:obama:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Actually....

Challenger on Breaking Bad 8/28/11 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

So it wasn't '09. What's funny is the car isn't an '11 model but Walt Jr. gave the '11 specs. I assume because most people wouldn't notice, and an older model is cheaper.

So nah, this isn't really concrete proof of what year it is.

Fred.

They are taking the suspense of reality to a whole new level.. And I thought the reverse evolution of Jesse's hairline in a 10 month period was wild...

So this show we are watching can actually be in the future..

:ohhh:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Vince G. interview

Q.
If this show had ended with Season 4, let’s say, you could have had a conclusion where everything worked out Walt’s way. Does the morality of the show dictate that there has to be an unhappy ending for him, that in some way he has to atone for all the things he’s done?

A.
He doesn’t have to. Of course, as we all know, people get away with murder every day. Someone in real life is getting away with murder as we speak, somewhere in the word. Probably, with seven billion souls on the planet, mathematically speaking, hundreds of people right now are getting away with murder. Walt could end no differently than that. He could get away with the whole thing. I guess the question more precisely becomes, How satisfying would that be? What would satisfy the audience at the end of it all?

Speaking for myself, I find myself feeling a great deal of ambivalence toward this guy. Some days I’m rooting for him, some days I want to see him get hit by a car. A big question, what’s the most satisfying way to end this thing? But then, having said that, is the satisfying way the right way? Without giving anything away, these are the questions we ask ourselves constantly. We stop ourselves every now and then and say: What are our hopes and dreams here? What do we want to see happen? And then we take a consensus around the room, and very often we’re all on the same page with what we want to see happen. And then we say, is that the right thing to happen? What’s the point of it all? What’s the point we want to make? Do we even have one? Some days I’m not sure we do. But then plenty of days, it’s just enough to tell a gripping story, to have showmanship and drama and moments and shock and awe, as it were. We go back and forth a lot. It’s very much a work in progress.

I actually feel sorry for these dudes regarding the finale next year. They're entering the Wire/Sopranos territory now. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. It can't be too negative or positive or fans will be furious. You can't satisfy everyone as those two HBO shows found out.

They can go the David Chase route and be ambiguous giving fans something to debate for years. Or they can go the Wire route where most were pissed how nothing really "bad" happened to the bad guy.
I think they're fukked either way :russ:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I actually feel sorry for these dudes regarding the finale next year. They're entering the Wire/Sopranos territory now. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. It can't be too negative or positive or fans will be furious. You can't satisfy everyone as those two HBO shows found out.

They can go the David Chase route and be ambiguous giving fans something to debate for years. Or they can go the Wire route where most were pissed how nothing really "bad" happened to the bad guy.

Nah they aren't fukked. If you have Walt go out shooting I think fans can be satisfied with that. He'll have paid for what he's done and it would make for an entertaining finish.

We basically know now that this can't end positively for Walt since Hank has it all but figured out. I'd be cool with a final scene of Walt on death row talking to Hank through the glass, or a Training Day like ending :myman:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Nah they aren't fukked. If you have Walt go out shooting I think fans can be satisfied with that. He'll have paid for what he's done and it would make for an entertaining finish.

We basically know now that this can't end positively for Walt since Hank has it all but figured out. I'd be cool with a final scene of Walt on death row talking to Hank through the glass, or a Training Day like ending :myman:

I can see them going the Wire route where it looks like Walt is legally fukked for life looking at jail time....and then Saul finds a loophole and gets him out :youngsabo:
But he ends up stranded and alone, losing the money, Losing his family and everything. Broken bad.

Habit

Banned
Daps

The Shield did it very well, Vic Mackey's downfall was depressing.

Dexter might be able to do it, Deb finding out should have happened in season 6 that was the only storyline that mattered after Jordan Chase & "Take It!" piffery.

I would be surprised if Vince could pull this off.

:childplease: @ shooting Mike for no reason.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Dexter might be able to do it, Deb finding out should have happened in season 6 that was the only storyline that mattered after Jordan Chase & "Take It!" piffery.

I was with you until you mentioned "Dexter". That show has been terrible since season 5, and has zero chance of ending with any semblance of quality.

Fred.

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps

Has the shield ever been on nelflix?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

oggchi.png

:lolbron:

Fred.