Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm....just noticed something kinda weird.

The subtitles for the Spanish scenes in season 4 don't pop up unless you pick the English subtitles from the disc menu. Not a big deal but kinda weird....I have all 4 seasons on Blu-Ray and never noticed it before.

Fred.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Restated season 1. Going to watch every episode before the new season starts.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Why does everyone hate skylar. I only hated her when she got involved with her old jumpoff and messed up walts money. Outside of that I didn't mind her cuz she got some big old titties lol

The bytch is annoying. She wasn't so bad before she found out but now she's just unbearable.

Her idea to funnel money through the car wash was good but all of her annoying back and forth, "I love Walt/I hate Walt" and trying to force answers out of him when SHE KNOWS she's not ready to handle the answers is sickening. There were times when I really wanted Walt to choke the living shyt our of her and I'm NOT an advocate of beating women...

That chick GAVE WALT's MONEY TO THE DUDE SHE WAS BANGING OUT ON THE SIDE WITHOUT TELLING HIM:wtf::wtf: Walt shoulda cut her heart out for that shyt....

Daps
The bytch is annoying. She wasn't so bad before she found out but now she's just unbearable.

Her idea to funnel money through the car wash was good but all of her annoying back and forth, "I love Walt/I hate Walt" and trying to force answers out of him when SHE KNOWS she's not ready to handle the answers is sickening. There were times when I really wanted Walt to choke the living shyt our of her and I'm NOT an advocate of beating women...

That chick GAVE WALT's MONEY TO THE DUDE SHE WAS BANGING OUT ON THE SIDE WITHOUT TELLING HIM:wtf::wtf: Walt shoulda cut her heart out for that shyt....

TBH I don't get the Skylar hate. She was married to the man for almost twenty years and Walt was once a cocky happy scientist-to-be who over time became a depressed, overqualified high school teacher. The man is now responsible for the deaths of several people and mass production of a highly dangerous drug many people ruin their lives over. All this while maintaining the facade that he is still a family man just going through some changes because of the cancer diagnosis. Her confusion is valid: She doesn't know who Walt is anymore. She sees Walter White: father, husband, decent human being. We see Heisenberg: ruthless, prideful, calculating drug lord. She's only started to see glimpses of Heisenberg this past season.

Her giving the money to Ted was a way to hold off an IRS investigation of Ted's company. If they found out that the company cooked the books on their accounts Ted AND Skyler would've gone to jail on the spot and all of the employees would've been investigated. Hmmmm, the IRS would have found out the White family still manages to have money despite the fact Walt is legally unemployed and the car wash business isn't making a profit yet. :childplease: Walt would've been investigated by the Feds :gladbron: Skylar saw this coming and did the best she could do. This, combined with Gus's threat, set up the best trap I've seen on TV in recent memory.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
TBH I don't get the Skylar hate. She was married to the man for almost twenty years and Walt was once a cocky happy scientist-to-be who over time became a depressed, overqualified high school teacher. The man is now responsible for the deaths of several people and mass production of a highly dangerous drug many people ruin their lives over. All this while maintaining the facade that he is still a family man just going through some changes because of the cancer diagnosis. Her confusion is valid: She doesn't know who Walt is anymore. She sees Walter White: father, husband, decent human being. We see Heisenberg: ruthless, prideful, calculating drug lord. She's only started to see glimpses of Heisenberg this past season.

Her giving the money to Ted was a way to hold off an IRS investigation of Ted's company. If they found out that the company cooked the books on their accounts Ted AND Skyler would've gone to jail on the spot and all of the employees would've been investigated. Hmmmm, the IRS would have found out the White family still manages to have money despite the fact Walt is legally unemployed and the car wash business isn't making a profit yet. :childplease: Walt would've been investigated by the Feds :gladbron: Skylar saw this coming and did the best she could do. This, combined with Gus's threat, set up the best trap I've seen on TV in recent memory.

SEASON 4 SPOILERS BELOW....

A wise man once said "aint no such things as half-way crooks". She knows her husband is a drug dealer, you either gotta look the other way 100% or have a "not give a fukk" attitude towards what you do find out....and she doesn't want to do either. She wants to ask questions knowing damn well she ain't built for the answers.

She knows her husband is so far into that life that he earns large duffle bags of money, but when people around him start dying she acts like it's surprising. She advocated going to the police after Gale got popped....what the fukk. Why didn't she go to them when she was counting all that money? You gotta take the bad with the good, man.

I'll give you another example. If she hadn't been a dumb ass and cooked the books in the first place, she wouldn't have had to give that money to Ted, which in turn ruined Walt's escape plans....which in turn made him have to kill Gus. Then she had the nerve to ask "did you do this?" on the phone, after she seen Gus got blown up. He should've said "yes bytch, I'm knee-deep in the dope game, how the fukk else do you expect me to handle problems like this?".

So that's why people don't like her. Look at Walt....say what you want about him but he's "bout that life", as the kids say.

Fred.

Daps
SEASON 4 SPOILERS BELOW....

A wise man once said "aint no such things as half-way crooks". She knows her husband is a drug dealer, you either gotta look the other way 100% or have a "not give a fukk" attitude towards what you do find out....and she doesn't want to do either. She wants to ask questions knowing damn well she ain't built for the answers.

She knows her husband is so far into that life that he earns large duffle bags of money, but when people around him start dying she acts like it's surprising. She advocated going to the police after Gale got popped....what the fukk. Why didn't she go to them when she was counting all that money? You gotta take the bad with the good, man.

I'll give you another example. If she hadn't been a dumb ass and cooked the books in the first place, she wouldn't have had to give that money to Ted, which in turn ruined Walt's escape plans....which in turn made him have to kill Gus. Then she had the nerve to ask "did you do this?" on the phone, after she seen Gus got blown up. He should've said "yes bytch, I'm knee-deep in the dope game, how the fukk else do you expect me to handle problems like this?".

So that's why people don't like her. Look at Walt....say what you want about him but he's "bout that life", as the kids say.

Fred.

Walt now makes a shytload of money when he was previously working two jobs to make ends meet. Walt started to dip out for long periods of time away from the family. Walt's behavior became more erratic (getting Walt Jr. drunk, fugue state, etc.) as time went on. Walt successfully manipulated the situation in such a way that no matter what she does her son would hate her for it. She should just accept that her husband is now a drug dealer without any complaints? Especially considering Walt deals with people who don't fukk with him beyond the blue meth. Hank himself almost got bodied by people who were originally coming for Walt/his family. She has a right to ask questions, when Walt started cooking meth he ended up putting targets on his own family.

On two occasions she almost did stop Walt: when she called the police to their home and when she was with the divorce lawyer in S3. The main reason why she didn't was not really the money, it was Walt Jr.

Since you wanna use examples, Walt was given three outs of the meth game. One was the events from the first episode, two was Gretchen from Grey Matter offering to pay for his treatment, and three was his cancer going into remission. These are signs from fate, God, whatever signaling for him to leave while he still can. He doesn't stop because of a deep-seated rage at his life thus far, pride, and deep down he likes Heisenberg Mode. Had he left at that time none of the events in S3 or S4 would've happened.

:leon: Walt's bout that life alright, but it's his family/Jesse who end up paying for it.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Walt was doin good and had everything under control money wise till skylar got involved. like he said to her "how do you think we've been keeping the lights on for the past months?" then she gets involved and won't even let the man buy a bottle of wine w/o jumping down his throat. bytch is just annoying. i hope she gets offed this season

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
:huhldup: really? I've watched all seasons twice, just to see if i missed anything...6 times breh? :aicmon:

4640325433_eee0c09971_o.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Walt now makes a shytload of money when he was previously working two jobs to make ends meet. Walt started to dip out for long periods of time away from the family. Walt's behavior became more erratic (getting Walt Jr. drunk, fugue state, etc.) as time went on. Walt successfully manipulated the situation in such a way that no matter what she does her son would hate her for it. She should just accept that her husband is now a drug dealer without any complaints? Especially considering Walt deals with people who don't fukk with him beyond the blue meth. Hank himself almost got bodied by people who were originally coming for Walt/his family. She has a right to ask questions, when Walt started cooking meth he ended up putting targets on his own family.

On two occasions she almost did stop Walt: when she called the police to their home and when she was with the divorce lawyer in S3. The main reason why she didn't was not really the money, it was Walt Jr.

Since you wanna use examples, Walt was given three outs of the meth game. One was the events from the first episode, two was Gretchen from Grey Matter offering to pay for his treatment, and three was his cancer going into remission. These are signs from fate, God, whatever signaling for him to leave while he still can. He doesn't stop because of a deep-seated rage at his life thus far, pride, and deep down he likes Heisenberg Mode. Had he left at that time none of the events in S3 or S4 would've happened.

:leon: Walt's bout that life alright, but it's his family/Jesse who end up paying for it.

No she shouldn't accept it....but she did. Period.

And you're not remembering correctly....initially she kept her mouth shut because she didn't want her family torn apart, her son's heart broken, etc....but her whole demeanor changed once she seen that first duffle bag of money. That's when she started becoming an accomplice, talking about "how can we launder the money", etc.

And for the record I'm not making excuses for Walt, he's a horribly evil person....but she chose to ride with him, so ride with him. Don't start having second thoughts when things get bad. She could've ended the shyt with one phone call to the cops 2 seasons ago, but didn't. And "she don't want to hurt Walt Jr." is a lame ass excuse considering he's really gonna get hurt if a Mexican cartel or whoever decides to shoot him in the head. The amount of money Walt was generating, you're trying to tell me it was completely unforeseen that this line of work was dangerous? She's gotta be incredibly dumb if she thought he was making that much money, with zero danger to himself or his family.

Fred.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

And you're not remembering correctly....initially she kept her mouth shut because she didn't want her family torn apart, her son's heart broken, etc....but her whole demeanor changed once she seen that first duffle bag of money. That's when she started becoming an accomplice, talking about "how can we launder the money", etc.

And for the record I'm not making excuses for Walt, he's a horribly evil person....but she chose to ride with him, so ride with him. Don't start having second thoughts when things get bad. She could've ended the shyt with one phone call to the cops 2 seasons ago, but didn't. And "she don't want to hurt Walt Jr." is a lame ass excuse considering he's really gonna get hurt if a Mexican cartel or whoever decides to shoot him in the head. The amount of money Walt was generating, you're trying to tell me it was completely unforeseen that this line of work was dangerous? She's gotta be incredibly dumb if she thought he was making that much money, with zero danger to himself or his family.

Fred.

:cheers:

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps

Fred.

Fair enough

:obama:

• Dap
Reactions: hex