Breakfast Club interviewing Rush Limbaugh today at 2pm

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
The point is that a talk show supposedly dedicated for a black audience shouldn’t bring an unapologetic racist on the show to spew his propaganda. Rush isn’t there for a real conversation, and giving people like him a platform is just exposing his trash beliefs to uninformed people who may not know how to critically dissect the garbage he spews (I’m assuming the hosts didn’t genuinely press him since I’m seeing people say he wanted more charges for the cops but correct me if I’m wrong).

Allowing racists and conspiracy theorists to spread their shyt messages so easily like this is how we have threads on here about the earth being flat and evolution being fake.
Its not giving him a platform when he's probably the biggest conservative radio personality in the world, his show is listened to by millions. Being in an echo chamber where you only speak to people that 100% agree with you is how you get people that believe the earth is flat and evolution is fake

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its not giving him a platform when he's probably the biggest conservative radio personality in the world, his show is listened to by millions. Being in an echo chamber where you only speak to people that 100% agree with you is how you get people that believe the earth is flat and evolution is fake
Exactly, he's the biggest conservative radio host. I'd assume most of the Breakfast Club's audience isn't conservative, so having him on there gives him a platform.

It's not about talking only with people who 100% agree with you and I never said that in the first place you're attacking a made up straw man argument. Listening to conspiracy theorists who aren't there to sincerely engage in discussion is how you end up with those people. That's the point you're ignoring. Debating people who a) don't know what they're talking about and b) have proven to act in bad faith is a waste of time. Rush Limbaugh fits both of those categories.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Exactly, he's the biggest conservative radio host. I'd assume most of the Breakfast Club's audience isn't conservative, so having him on there gives him a platform.

It's not about talking only with people who 100% agree with you and I never said that in the first place you're attacking a made up straw man argument. Listening to conspiracy theorists who aren't there to sincerely engage in discussion is how you end up with those people. That's the point you're ignoring. Debating people who a) don't know what they're talking about and b) have proven to act in bad faith is a waste of time. Rush Limbaugh fits both of those categories.
Thats not how that works, and when something as subjective as politics is the basis of discussion your argument falls completely apart. Like it or not, Rush Limbaugh being on the breakfast club draws way more eyes to them than it does to Rush Limbaugh, and if his argument is good enough to change any black peoples opinions than thats their prerogative and limiting discourse to keep people locked in echo chambers is what conservatives do historically, not the other way around

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I don’t get the crying

yes rush is a piece of shyt ,expose that to your listeners

It ain’t giving a Rush a platform ...he is the damn platform .look at this thread

Y’all just want to sit and talk to nikkas you 1000% agree with ? :wtf:

He shouldn’t be given an additional platform to air his racist rhetoric. At this time no one wants to here from that racist fat fukk.

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why the hell would they even give him a platform like that. Them Breakfast Club muthafukkas are trying way to hard.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats not how that works, and when something as subjective as politics is the basis of discussion your argument falls completely apart. Like it or not, Rush Limbaugh being on the breakfast club draws way more eyes to them than it does to Rush Limbaugh, and if his argument is good enough to change any black peoples opinions than thats their prerogative and limiting discourse to keep people locked in echo chambers is what conservatives do historically, not the other way around
That is how it works when his arguments are nonsensical and dishonest. You repeatedly bringing up this “echo chambers” nonsense and ignoring what I said about acting in good faith tells me all I need to know.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
That is how it works when his arguments are nonsensical and dishonest. You repeatedly bringing up this “echo chambers” nonsense and ignoring what I said about acting in good faith tells me all I need to know.
All you’re saying is that you disagree with him, so you shouldn’t have to hear him

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All you’re saying is that you disagree with him, so you shouldn’t have to hear him
Not at all. I'm saying there's no reason to listen to someone who you know is being dishonest and has a confirmed history of racism and propping up debunked beliefs (as Rush Limbaugh does). It's a waste of time listening to a conman when you know they're just going to lie.

I disagree with plenty of what's posted on this forum but I still read different POVs from people who are being sincere and honest. If you don't see a signifiant difference there then I've got nothing else to say.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
The schools themselves aren't in the club (afaik), but tufts was another safety. That really made wp mad cuz they love that school. :lolbron:

Interesting. So is this like a club of people who had common college targets? Seems like there’s a Liberal arts bend. I imagine schools like Williams, Haveford and the rest were all there.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i guess he wont be coming back

:lupe:

tenor.gif