Brandon Boykin on Chip Kelly - "he's uncomfortable around grown men of our culture"

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
I think if they're going to slander his character to the media, the least they could do is share one example of racist behavior. Even if it was just a feeling or whatever.
they are being as discrete as they can, Chip should consider it a show of love:skip:

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
I don't think that Chip is on his :mjpls: so much as he is aloof and only concerned about winning football games his way. He definitely wasn't on his :mjpls: at Oregon. Thing is as long as KKKooper is still on the team, whenever Chip gets rid of a black player, people will think Chip is on some :mjpls: type shyt.
That I do agree with.
Cooper should've have been let go too!

The thing is, I don't think Chip Kelly gives a shyt about anything outside of his personal life besides football. He doesn't want to sit down and talk about shyt you have going on in your life, especially with him being so private. It's all football, all the time! And I'm cool with that. The Andy Reid Save Em All Method didn't get us any RINGS! Soooo, with the seriousness of all of the racial injustices we've been facing in this country in the past and as of late, I'll save my race card plays for something realer than football players getting cut. Rex Ryan gave Incognito a second chance too. This shyt happens.. :yeshrug:I don't agree with Riley still being an Eagle, but I don't think him and Chip are working this covert plot to rise the South again either.. Anybody who does their research on Chip Kelly will see that he stays giving players he coaches second chances, BLACK AND WHITE! I bet you if KKKooper fukks up again, he's ghost!!! :usure:Cap hit and all..

We're Fighting Cops And A Crooked Judicial System.... fukk A GAME!

Pesci

Architect
Daps
That I do agree with.
Cooper should've have been let go too!

The thing is, I don't think Chip Kelly gives a shyt about anything outside of his personal life besides football. He doesn't want to sit down and talk about shyt you have going on in your life, especially with him being so private. It's all football, all the time! And I'm cool with that. The Andy Reid Save Em All Method didn't get us any RINGS! Soooo, with the seriousness of all of the racial injustices we've been facing in this country in the past and as of late, I'll save my race card plays for something realer than football players getting cut. Rex Ryan gave Incognito a second chance too. This shyt happens.. :yeshrug:I don't agree with Riley still being an Eagle, but I don't think him and Chip are working this covert plot to rise the South again either.. Anybody who does their research on Chip Kelly will see that he stays giving players he coaches second chances, BLACK AND WHITE! I bet you if KKKooper fukks up again, he's ghost!!! :usure:Cap hit and all..

We're Fighting Cops And A Crooked Judicial System.... fukk A GAME!
for whatever it's worth, chip wasn't in charge of personnel when the cooper thing happened

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I don't think he's racist, he's just a control freak, and that's how all college coaches are when they go to the NFL level, and that's usually why they don't last, it's easy to tell a 17,18, 19 year old kid what to do and boss them around, it's a whole different thing when it's a grown man.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
What I will say paying alot of attention to the Oregon team and hearing what people say about the program on a daily basis (local media) is that they predicted Chip may have problems at the NFL level, in regards to personnel.

In college Chip did not like recruiting and he did not like dealing with boosters. He wanted to coach football and create an approach to football that he controlled completely. It came out that he often was not close to his players and often kept a distance. But he wanted total buy in from all players and to follow everything he put in place.

As a coach for the Ducks he was often referred to as a better fit for the pros because he was football obsessed and wanted to spend all his time being about football.

The closer he came to the NFL the more people started to wonder how his philosophy would work in the NFL. He wants total buy in and for every player to follow his demands. A local reporter, who played in the NFL, was vocal this would be a problem because players will allow you to coach them, not control them. It is now a team of grown men, making millions of dollars, with families and friends around them. They cannot be controlled like college kids who need the playing time and scholarships and are less likely to take a stance opposing the coach. It was not uncommon for Chip to play a less talented player at Oregon because he could count on them to fully implement what he wanted.

I think Chip has a brilliant football mind, but he will always have shrouds of descent because he is so demanding. You can get away with it if you win championships (Belli, Pop), but guys don't buy in like that until you win. Catch 22. He isn't a player's coach. If you aren't on the same page as his vision, it seems like that is your problem, not his, and he keeps moving with or without you. This type of structure works great if everyone is on the exact same page, but how often does that happen? It makes it easy for there to be decension or guys not buying in.

Last edited:

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
I don't think he's racist, he's just a control freak, and that's how all college coaches are when they go to the NFL level, and that's usually why they don't last, it's easy to tell a 17,18, 19 year old kid what to do and boss them around, it's a whole different thing when it's a grown man.

Agree... Brandon a bytch ass nikka...

A couple of black players said Brandon was all hugs and kisses towards chip when he left now he throwing shade...

I just think chip isn't a nfl guy and it will show

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
Agree... Brandon a bytch ass nikka...

A couple of black players said Brandon was all hugs and kisses towards chip when he left now he throwing shade...

I just think chip isn't a nfl guy and it will show
But, he's won 20 games in two seasons. What he does works for his teams! He just hasn't had the elite talent across the board to win the big one yet.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Chip is probably just socially awkward and not good with human interaction...I deal with the same thing with my current manager just very anti social doesn't do small talk or talks about their life so it's weird but some people are just like that and it doesn't mean they are a bad person