Essential BRAD PIFF'S SNEAKER THREAD

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Regular X will be $180, the other version is 315....I expect some of them to go on sale. Lmao @ paying 315

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Nike lowered that price to 300 or lower. Media backlash has begun. They just talked about it on MSNBC

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Only the Nike+ version will be 300. I don't have a use for Nike+ so unless its a nice cw I wont be coppin

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Ive honestly never played ball in highs...closest i came was the air zoom huarache, and i sprained my ankle in those multiple times. I play alot of soccer too, which involves mad cutting, twisting, jumping just as much as bball. You ever seen any high or mid cleats? Never had a problem.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Nike-KD-V1.jpg

Idk bout these kd's...guess its up to Kobe to have the best nike basketball shoe this year

Wow these are bad..

ajkamkel

Chi-Town
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
people didn't complain about the price of Yeezy 2's :yeshrug:

from ESPN....

Is the basketball shoe world ready for a $300 shoe?
The market might get tested when the LeBron X is released later this year.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that a Nike Plus-enabled version of the shoe -- that has motion sensors in the shoe to track various metrics including how high the player jumps -- will retail for $315. Although Matt Powell, an analyst for market retail tracking firm SportsOneSource, tells ESPN that he believes the price will be $290.
The LeBron X has motion sensors in the shoe to track various metrics including how high the player jumps.
Nike spokesman Brian Strong would not comment as to the accuracy of the price.
In 1986, Nike's Air Jordan II broke the $100 basketball sneaker barrier. Sixteen years later, the company hit the $200 price tag when it released the Air Jordan XVII.
Despite a rough economic environment, Nike has been able to pass on the rising costs of materials to its consumers with little resistance due to the premium associated with its high-end product.
SportsOneSource reported last month that sales of sneakers that retail for more than $100 were up 30 percent on the year and sales of basketball shoes that cost more than $100 were up 50 percent. Between the Nike, Jordan and Converse brands, Nike owns roughly 95 percent of the basketball shoe market in the United States.
While many will be fixated on the price, Powell said it's being blown out of proportion. He estimates that Nike will make only about 50,000 pairs of the Nike Plus-enabled LeBron X's compared to 200,000 to 300,000 pairs of the regular version of the shoe, which he expects to sell in the $175 range.
"This is all about electronic componentry," Powell said. "The plus version of this shoe is a very expensive shoe for a very specific audience: the high school or college athlete that wants to improve their game by measuring their progress by wearing the shoes."

:lolbron:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
"sales of sneakers that retail for more than $100 were up 30 percent on the year and sales of basketball shoes that cost more than $100 were up 50 percent"

basturds