Coco Gauff splits with coach Brad Gilbert

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Coco's 20 and already has a major under her belt; might be having some growing pains but she's absolutely got a few years to right the ship
Agreed. Shes still a kid and acts as such at the most inopportune moments but I'm holding out hope she matures into the greatness we all see in her

Daps
I had to come to terms that she ain't the Williams sisters so I shouldn't have those expectations for her. A good tennis player, not a great one.

The Williams comparisons along with the current social media climate fukked up her and Naomi Osakas Mental. Osaka is scared to lose and Coco been blaming everything on everybody else lately.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
She's making a big mistake

Brad Gilbert is known for turning Tennis players who have a return game and more defensive... and helping them have a more expanded offensive game
It was Brad that told Coco to take a break after the loss in the French Open that she was playing way too many tournaments throughout the year and use the extra time work more on the basics and fundamentals

And now he's the one being blames for "not helping her improve on her technical game". Absolutely hilarious

I pray she won't become the next Michael Chang. Great early success in their teens/early 20s, but plateaued later in their careers

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Look, he helped her get her first Slam. But she needs a coach now that is more technical to help with her serve and forehand.

Stop.

She is already with the tennis whisper coach. Plus the winning ugly practical execution.
to win coach in tennis history.

Any issue she has.
I already saw gilbert fix as a rookie coach. Exactly thirty years ago with andre.

As Gilbert made agassi's serve into a weapon.

It is not the coaching.

Gauf has to mentally lock in and stop taking mental lapses.

Which is difficult. As real talk....gauf asked for help mid match. Which was not allowed ever in tennis.

In tennis you are alone.

Gauf will have to deal and this growing pain at this age. At this time in tennis is routine.
Plus definitively will break you in tennis.
That will become definitive in either making you or breaking you.
Moving forward as a pro.

Art Barr

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Stop.

She is already with the tennis whisper coach. Plus the winning ugly practical execution.
to win coach in tennis history.

Any issue she has.
I already saw gilbert fix as a rookie coach. Exactly thirty years ago with andre.

As Gilbert made agassi's serve into a weapon.

It is not the coaching.

Gauf has to mentally lock in and stop taking mental lapses.

Which is difficult. As real talk....gauf asked for help mid match. Which was not allowed ever in tennis.

In tennis you are alone.

Gauf will have to deal and this growing pain at this age. At this time in tennis is routine.
Plus definitively will break you in tennis.
That will become definitive in either making you or breaking you.
Moving forward as a pro.

Art Barr

75dcac_6cdddff8f14d461eb300d4771bb68b43~mv2.jpg

Facts, this is a great book. When Coco won that US Open grand slam, Brad was constantly telling her to win ugly

Coco Gauff does not seem to be able control her emotions and mentally focus in the biggest moments

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
75dcac_6cdddff8f14d461eb300d4771bb68b43~mv2.jpg

Facts, this is a great book. When Coco won that US Open grand slam, Brad was constantly telling her to win ugly

Coco Gauff does not seem to be able control her emotions and mentally focus in the biggest moments

Coco is at that age in tennis.
Where junior magic leaves.
That if you do not commit mentally to going to the next point.
Or being cognitively aware of big points l.
she will fail.
Plus compound the abuse and neg mental pressure.

As well as become as sound techncially as possible. Where every ball returned is an expression of tight sound mechanics.

Art Barr

Art Barr