Essential BRAD PIFF'S SNEAKER THREAD

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
someone posted a shot of an online confirmation order :yeshrug: but yeah youd probably had to be there the second they dropped

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
I'm about to hop out of Js for good, its simply not worth it anymore without a street connect...Even without a connect 10 years ago you could still find yourself a pair in store the week of release...Trying to get a pair AROUND retail these days is so unnecessarily stressful because the sneaker game has gone downright full retard...I don't understand how a fukking RETRO that cost $30 to make and retails for $140 can resell for $450...It's truly :mindblown: shyt...

Nike can easily put an end to this reseller market that has fukked up the game with a pre-order system to meet demand yet they insist on going forward with this current unfair model to feed the beast...The love for the kicks simply ain't enough for me anymore brehs, I'm way too old for this nonsense...

Im 0 for 4 on jays this december.

Last year i was 3 for 3 (4 because i doubled up on bred-steins).

Pretty shiitty but ive discussed this a plenty here.

No reason to beat a dead horse... But to beat, period.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
just dam near had a heart attack
my phone rang just right now with a blocked number, felt it had to be HOH.. so i pick up, sure enough its HOH telling me i won and can go pick up my pair..........of the infrared 3labs on the 31st :russ:

cool i guess :ld:

son you win everything :wow:

but i found me some of the nike tech fleece pants...bout to hit a lick off this ebay seller.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I'm about to hop out of Js for good, its simply not worth it anymore without a street connect...Even without a connect 10 years ago you could still find yourself a pair in store the week of release...Trying to get a pair AROUND retail these days is so unnecessarily stressful because the sneaker game has gone downright full retard...I don't understand how a fukking RETRO that cost $30 to make and retails for $140 can resell for $450...It's truly :mindblown: shyt...

Nike can easily put an end to this reseller market that has fukked up the game with a pre-order system to meet demand yet they insist on going forward with this current unfair model to feed the beast...The love for the kicks simply ain't enough for me anymore brehs, I'm way too old for this nonsense...

Its not THAT serious bruh. This wasnt a General Release. The majority of the releases made this year had more in production than previous years. But for some reason JB/Nike decided to make the 1s limited this year. I think it was just to generate hype for label. I still till this day think these should have been the Black Friday Release of this year.

Most mom&pop stores in my area only had 1FSR. I'm not too upset about missing out on this release being its the only Jordan Retro release outside of the Gold/Black 1s and Royals (managed to acquire through trade) that I missed out on. I do not mind dropping 300+ for a limited shoe thats a personal top 10 for me.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
technically i aint win gamma XI's or bred 1's..

but yo, youve dropped $1,200+ on 2 pairs of bred 1's & royals?

technically yes, but when i count what i sold and made profit on, it was about 800. these 2 shoes i was not going to miss. i made a lot of money during the holidays...so i was able to afford it.

check i just got was $2300...

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
im done for 2013. the only "plans" for 2014 are:

blk/infrared 6s
carmine 6s
taxi 12s
low top concords
low top cool greys
2k14 lebrons (which will be sold to pay for the above shoes, already been preordered)

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
As the summer concert season approaches, music fans and the concert industry that serves them have a common enemy in New York. And in Russia. And in India.

That enemy is the bot.

“Bots,” computer programs used by scalpers, are a hidden part of a miserable ritual that plays out online nearly every week in which tickets to hot shows seem to vanish instantly.

Long a mere nuisance to the live music industry, these cheap and widely available programs are now perhaps its most reviled foe, frustrating fans and feeding a multibillion-dollar secondary market for tickets.

According to Ticketmaster, bots have been used to buy more than 60 percent of the most desirable tickets for some shows; in a recent lawsuit, the company accused one group of scalpers of using bots to request up to 200,000 tickets a day.

Ticketmaster and its parent company, Live NationEntertainment, have stepped up efforts to combat bots, in part to improve the ticket-buying experience for concertgoers, but also to burnish the company’s reputation with consumers. The result has been a game of cat and mouse between the company and the bots.

“As with hackers, you can solve it today, and they’re rewriting code tomorrow,” said Michael Rapino, Live Nation’s chief executive. “Thus the arms race.”

In late 2011, Ticketmaster hired John Carnahan, an expert on machine learning who fought online advertising frauds at Yahoo, to lead its anti-bot effort.

By monitoring the behavior of each visitor to Ticketmaster’s site, the company can determine the likelihood of a customer being human or a machine. For example, a human may click a series of buttons at a range of speeds and in different spots on a screen, but bots can give themselves away by rapidly clicking on precisely the same spot each time.

A screen on Mr. Carnahan’s desk in Los Angeles shows Ticketmaster’s incoming traffic, with a rainbow of colors at the bottom and splotches of red on top representing suspicious activity. On a recent Thursday afternoon, the screen showed that the red visitors were making 600 times more ticket requests than those the system identified as being most likely human.

Bots are not kicked off the system, but rather “speedbumped” — slowed down, sent to the end of the line or given some other means of interference, to allow a regular customer through.

“We’re not trying to stop anybody from buying tickets,” Mr. Carnahan said. “We’re just trying to make sure that a fan can buy the tickets.”

Ticketing bots are often inexpensive and programmed in countries beyond easy reach of American law enforcement. Rob Rachwald of the computer security company FireEye, which is not working with Ticketmaster, points out that one site — available in English and Russian — charges just $13.90 for the keys to 10,000 Captchas, those squiggly lines that test whether a potential customer is human.

In January, Ticketmaster replaced most of its old Captchas with newer and more sophisticated versions. The company is also introducing a system for mobile devices that aims to eliminate Captcha-style tests altogether.

Live Nation will not say how many of the 148 million tickets it sells each year are bought using bots, and in many cases it may not know. Few ever admit to using the programs; official groups like the National Association of Ticket Brokers, which represents many of the biggest resellers, condemn them and say they support anti-bot measures. But people at nearly every level of the concert business blame bots for wreaking all kinds of economic havoc.

“There are sold-out shows in reserved-seat houses in New York City where we will have 20 percent no-show, and that 20 percent will be down in the front of the house,” said Jim Glancy of The Bowery Presents, an independent concert promoter in New York. “It’s speculators who bought a bunch of seats and didn’t get the price they wanted.”

Concert promoters, artist managers and ticketing services say that bots are now an ever-present force, not only during the high-traffic moments when a big show officially goes on sale, but also at the odd moments when a promoter releases a few dozen extra seats with no announcement.

Darlene Schild, of Lincroft, N.J., may well have experienced the reach of bots firsthand recently when she tried to buy Justin Bieber tickets as an 11th birthday present for her daughter. Like any well-trained concertgoer, she fired up Ticketmaster’s iPhone app just as the tickets went on sale, but after 15 fruitless minutes she gave up.

“The first thing that crossed my mind was that some ticket-buying service bought them all,” Ms. Schild said. “Or someone could dial quicker than me. Some technology — something.”

Last month, Ticketmaster sued 21 people in federal court, accusing them of fraud, copyright infringement and other offenses in using bots to search for millions of tickets over the last two years.

The legal status of bots is unclear. They are banned in a handful of states, but those laws have proved largely ineffectual, and enforcement at the federal level has also been a disappointment to the concert business.

Three years ago, four men connected with a company called Wiseguy Tickets were indicted on conspiracy, wire fraud and other charges, for apparently using bots to get tickets to Bruce Springsteen, Hannah Montana and other concerts.

The case hinged on whether the men had committed actual crimes or had merely violated the terms of service on Ticketmaster’s site; in the end three of the men were sentenced only to probation and community service (one remained at large).

“They got a slap on the wrist,” Mr. Rapino said. “It wasn’t much of an actual deterrent.”

Not everyone is convinced that bots are the primary villain of the everyday concertgoer. The Fan Freedom Project, a nonprofit group financed by StubHub, has pushed for anti-bot laws around the country, and Jon Potter, its president, praised Ticketmaster for filing its lawsuit last month.

But he also criticized the industry practice of “holds,” in which sometimes large blocks of tickets are reserved for sponsors, fan club members and industry contacts, and never go on sale to the general public.

When it comes to the secondary ticket market, Live Nation has a complicated position. As much as it is trying to block bots, it also profits from the ticket resale market through TicketsNow — its own version of StubHub — as well as through deals with major sports groups, like the National Basketball Association. Mr. Rapino sees no contradiction in Live Nation’s stance.

“I have no problem if you bought a Justin Timberlake ticket and you decide to go sell that ticket to somebody,” he said. “We would first and foremost want to make sure that the first ticket sold, that the fan has a shot to buy that ticket.”

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
Damn

This is what will make bots fall back

Dont fukk with ticketmaster

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
that article has to be from earlier in the year though. I remember hearing about the ticketmaster suing the people. Maybe thats where the whole "line" system on NDC came from.

Has ndc bothered with actually cancelling orders since the DB3?

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
that article has to be from earlier in the year though. I remember hearing about the ticketmaster suing the people. Maybe thats where the whole "line" system on NDC came from.

Has ndc bothered with actually cancelling orders since the DB3?

Yes. Meg cancelled some DB5 orders and a few DB 10/Foams if i'm not mistaken. Just because people not tweeting it don't mean it aint happening...someone got called either for the Gamma 11 or 12 drop as well