Boxing is hard as shyt

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
I’m sore asf after an hour of training how the hell do y’all boxing brehs keep up stamina??

Shyt is tiring as hell. Every time I train I end up drenched in sweat :flabbynsick:

I was getting touched like a mfer by the end of sparring, ears all sore and shyt now:flabbynsick:

PbzAKY.gif

Raizan

Pro
Daps
I’m sore asf after an hour of training how the hell do y’all boxing brehs keep up stamina??

Shyt is tiring as hell. Every time I train I end up drenched in sweat :flabbynsick:

I was getting touched like a mfer by the end of sparring, ears all sore and shyt now:flabbynsick:

PbzAKY.gif

As you keep practicing your conditioning will improve. During sparring, you will learn to conserve energy. It sounds like you are carrying alot of tension during your sessions, learn to throw your punches from your hips, and be sure to breathe. Use your footwork more for defense than just putting up your arms, and don't try to throw every punch as hard as you can.

King

Bushed
Daps
As you keep practicing your conditioning will improve. During sparring, you will learn to conserve energy. It sounds like you are carrying alot of tension during your sessions, learn to throw your punches from your hips, and be sure to breathe. Use your footwork more for defense than just putting up your arms, and don't try to throw every punch as hard as you can.
Yeah the dude I’m training with wants me to throw every punch with power. Pretty much the main thing he’s teaching me now is to step into my punches.

Says I need to work on my balance and core strength.

Doesn’t mention shyt about breathing or punching from the hips.

Dude hits hard as shyt too, I guess to make me move my feet more:huhldup:

This shyt stings like a mfer, having my head ringing and shyt. Is that normal?

I only have two more sessions with dude. I’m gonna try out a real boxing gym when I’m done with him.

He says the last session us sparring for like 8-12 rounds and that’s supposedly gonna be him teaching me what really getting hit feels like :huhldup:

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
None of what you doing sounds like a good thing especially if you only just starting doing this. It's about technique and footwork. As was said before power well come from your hips. My coach focuses on technique, foot work and speed. Of course he emphasizes power with punches as well but if you don't have good technique you are just wasting energy. Which is what it sounds like you're doing. Yea go to a real boxing gym after this because this don't sound like it long term. Stamina wise though yea it takes a while to get used to that amount of cardio continuously.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Yeah the dude I’m training with wants me to throw every punch with power. Pretty much the main thing he’s teaching me now is to step into my punches.

I only have two more sessions with dude. I’m gonna try out a real boxing gym when I’m done with him.

He says the last session us sparring for like 8-12 rounds and that’s supposedly gonna be him teaching me what really getting hit feels like :huhldup:

:duck:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

How long you been sparring?

I mean, technique is better to learn first before sparring. You got to be comfortable at least keeping your hands up or something.

And he mean don’t arm punch because you will get more tired. Throwing from your hips means most of your power is going to come from your legs and core.

A better way of putting it is shifting your weight. Your weight is supposed to be behind your power. It also reduces fatigue

8-12 rounds as a beginner sounds sketchy

King

Bushed
Daps
How long you been sparring?

I mean, technique is better to learn first before sparring. You got to be comfortable at least keeping your hands up or something.

And he mean don’t arm punch because you will get more tired. Throwing from your hips means most of your power is going to come from your legs and core.

A better way of putting it is shifting your weight. Your weight is supposed to be behind your power
Today was like the first real day of sparring - was prolly like 35 mins. We went in 5 min rounds. He switched off from pads to gloves halfway.

We’ve been training together for like 6 sessions so far. Each session is an hour 30. We pretty much did a lot of heavy bag and pad work for those sessions.

Idk if dude just hits hard or if I have a weak chin. I swear after every shot my head is ringing, shyt STINGS. Does getting hit in the head supposed to feel like this for a beginner?

Maybe I’m just tensing up too much and reacting awkwardly when I get hit.

Hope it’s not CTE from my football days, maybe I’m being irrational.

I will say that it makes me super fukking avoidant of getting hit, last thing I wanna do is keep getting hit by that mfer.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Today was like the first real day of sparring - was prolly like 35 mins. We went in 5 min rounds. He switched off from pads to gloves halfway.

We’ve been training together for like 6 sessions so far. Each session is an hour 30.

Idk if dude just hits hard or if I have a weak chin. I swear after every shot my head is ringing, shyt STINGS. Does getting hit in the head supposed to feel like this for a beginner?

Hope it’s not CTE from my football days, maybe I’m being irrational.

I will say that it makes me super fukking avoidant of getting hit, last thing I wanna do is keep getting hit by that mfer.
Well if it’s sparring he shouldn’t be trying to blast on you anyway..

Sparring usually takes MONTHS to get around to… and thats going regularly, not just once a week. You have to condition yourself and learn proper technique before you even step in a ring

And yes, getting hit will hurt beginner or not, especially if your body isn’t conditioned for it.

Not saying he doesn’t know what he’s doing, I don’t know his background or history. Don’t know who he’s trained or what level he even boxed at if at all.

All i know it sounds like he just throwing your ass in there. Even when I started back boxing in the military we didn’t even think about sparring for a long time.

Do yall even wear head gear?

King

Bushed
Daps
Well if it’s sparring he shouldn’t be trying to blast on you anyway..

Sparring usually takes MONTHS to get around to. You have to condition yourself and learn proper technique before you even step in a ring

And yes, getting hit will hurt beginner or not, especially if your body isn’t conditioned for it.

Do yall even wear head gear?
No head gear. Dude isn’t exactly a professional boxer and we don’t train at a boxing gym. Moreso of an MMA dude who knows boxing. He appears to know his shyt tho when it comes to boxing from what I can see.

Dude already talking about getting me fights and shyt and I’m like :hubie:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
No head gear. Dude isn’t exactly a professional boxer and we don’t train at a boxing gym. Moreso of an MMA dude who knows boxing. He appears to know his shyt tho when it comes to boxing from what I can see.

Dude already talking about getting me fights and shyt and I’m like :hubie:

Stopped reading right there

Go to a real boxing gym my dude.

King

Bushed
Daps
Stopped reading right there

Go to a real boxing gym my dude.
Yeah I’m gonna finish up these last two sessions and dip. I already paid so I might as well finish it.

Only did this because dude was convenient, the closet boxing gym to my house is like 30 mins away.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
None of what you doing sounds like a good thing especially if you only just starting doing this. It's about technique and footwork. As was said before power well come from your hips. My coach focuses on technique, foot work and speed. Of course he emphasizes power with punches as well but if you don't have good technique you are just wasting energy. Which is what it sounds like you're doing. Yea go to a real boxing gym after this because this don't sound like it long term. Stamina wise though yea it takes a while to get used to that amount of cardio continuously.

exactly…doesn’t sound like the guy is training him…sounds more like he’s just beating up on him and using him for training :mjlol:

He says the last session us sparring for like 8-12 rounds and that’s supposedly gonna be him teaching me what really getting hit feels like