Box score reaction: The hell is up with Harden and bricking 3pt

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Did you even bother to read what I posted, because all I see in your post are straw man arguments? It's almost if you were supposed to be quoting someone else.

:picard:

Nothing you said addressed my posted. What was strawman about my post? It's not about the 3 but their best player keeps jacking them up and bricking. It has not been effeicent. Does it factor in dumb shot selection?

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
It's called moreyball...Analytics. They aren't playing "basketball" they are playing a math game. They believe over the course of 82 games it's better to have 50 attempted 3s per game than 25 attempted 3s and 25 attempted long 2s :manny:

It may look really bad and hard to watch over the course of 1 game but they are playing the long game not the short game.

They have 3 of the top 20 offensives of all time so that is saying something. The only reason they haven't "won anything" is because they've lost to the team that has the #1 and #3 offensive of all time. You could make the case that Harden would have 3-4 rings right now if he was doing this in any other time period other than right now :hubie:

YCfk4Oz.png

Harden gets a bad rap but that's just the media and winning bias. Outside of the Spurs series to where some say he was concussed from the previous game, Harden hasn't really "choked" like they say he has.

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
Nothing you said addressed my posted. What was strawman about my post? It's not about the 3 but their best player keeps jacking them up and bricking. It has not been effeicent. Does it factor in dumb shot selection?
I don't think you even know what you're posting at the best of times.

:lolbron:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Every season we go through this, and then by December he's back to making them :russell:

only for the drought to re-appear during the 2nd round of the playoff :francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
At a certain point shouldn't this be a signal for you to start taking the ball to the rim?

This is the problem with analytics. Not realizing basketball is a game of rhythm. If you can hit a few layups or mid-range shots, it'll help you start hitting long range shots. White boys who never played the game don't realize stuff like this. About how you need to get in rhythm when shooting to help get outta funks like this.

Just heaving up 3s when you're missing like this thinking the law of averages will even itself out is some cac nerd thinking. Some real coaches need to get on that Rockets staff and tell that nikka to get himself in rhythm before taking that many 3s again.

Gotta be really low-IQ to think that analytics tells you not to take the ball to the rim.

And rhythm is a huge focus on analytics. They talk about that shyt and how much of an effect it really has all the time. Everything you described about whether or not making layups gets a player back in rhythm can be measured easily...but you're assuming that players can just decide to "make layups" whenever they want. Harden keeps making his free throws all through his bad shooting streaks, why hasn't that helped him like you think making a layup would (if he could get to the rim to do it)?

You think there's a global conspiracy to hide the fact that the Earth is flat so I can see how math and science wouldn't be your friends though.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
what up with him hitting way more FTs than FGs? :jbhmm: Who will be the first media member to bring this up

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There is a lot of things going on here. Harden can score well at all levels and he will eventually end up in the high 30 percentage wise for his 3 ball but what he is doing absolutely kills team morale and Pringles does not have the team running multiple actions in possessions that gets everyone's hands on the ball. Just having Russ run the fast break offense and Harden isolate and jack up some ill-advised threes in the half court isn't going to work in the postseason.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think there's a global conspiracy to hide the fact that the Earth is flat so I can see how math and science wouldn't be your friends though.

Why not respond to my post in the thread you brought up this point rather than bringing it up as a tangent in this thread? You scared of getting schooled some more?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Rockets went from last in pace to first in pace over one offseason. Gordon and Harden are both struggling hard from three and the two of them have the most questionable conditioning on the team.
Their shots are short constantly, but both were shooting lights out in preseason when Westbrook was playing limited minutes and the pace was more similar to last year.

Teams Advanced

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At a certain point shouldn't this be a signal for you to start taking the ball to the rim?

This is the problem with analytics. Not realizing basketball is a game of rhythm. If you can hit a few layups or mid-range shots, it'll help you start hitting long range shots. White boys who never played the game don't realize stuff like this. About how you need to get in rhythm when shooting to help get outta funks like this.

Just heaving up 3s when you're missing like this thinking the law of averages will even itself out is some cac nerd thinking. Some real coaches need to get on that Rockets staff and tell that nikka to get himself in rhythm before taking that many 3s again.
As a black financial data analytics guy I hate hate the fact that data analytics is synonymous with being white.
Like what?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why not respond to my post in the thread you brought up this point rather than bringing it up as a tangent in this thread? You scared of getting schooled some more?

Yes, I'm afraid of getting schooled by a flat earther whose only response to my numerous proofs of a roughly spherical earth has been to claim "but Global Conspiracy!" while ignoring the proofs you can do all by yourself including the one IN THE OP.

:usure:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rockets went from last in pace to first in pace over one offseason. Gordon and Harden are both struggling hard from three and the two of them have the most questionable conditioning on the team.
Their shots are short constantly, but both were shooting lights out in preseason when Westbrook was playing limited minutes and the pace was more similar to last year.

Teams Advanced
Are you implying Russ is literally tiring them out? :russ: