Bouncing idea's 🏀: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's rare when the team that could extend you publicly announces they're moving on before the player signs with their new team.

I remember when everybody said the reports about him interested in Indy and Philly were leverage plays
Money talks and why take 3 years when other teams would potentially offer you 4?

The Clippers know they lost that trade and this is essentially a trying to save face move.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I like CP3 to the Spurs, Wemby will get to eat tremendously and he gets to drop knowledge/help develop the young guys like Vassell and Castle. Nice pick up, thought he'd wanna try to get on a contender but I guess he's cool retiring without a ring.
Spurs can keep him for half a season then flip him to a contender for a pick at the deadline, all while getting what you discussed. Win/win IMO

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Spurs can keep him for half a season then flip him to a contender for a pick at the deadline, all while getting what you discussed. Win/win IMO
True, that's always an option still you never know though. But now that you mention it I can see it happening depending on where teams are at the deadline.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nahhhh he’ll more than likely be a buyout candidate. An interesting note is that he signed for below the MLE exception, so he theoretically could sign with first and second tax apron teams after the deadline.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Too late to play hard ball as it’d look even worse on them after the Harden fiasco.

They have a chance to right a precious wrong and keep their championship window open. No need to fukk it up again.
Business not personal. Philly still needs to fill out their roster. :yeshrug:

George has zero leverage unless he's going to Utah.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Orlando can't pay him the full max after signing KCP.
Well it’s only one team now and that Philly…. Question is what’s the hold up? PG would’ve just signed with Philly by now… He’s prob talking to someone getting reassurances if he signs for less now he will get to reup on a full max

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
What's the hold up with this PG announcement/decision?

We not letting Silver take our 2nd round picks again for "tampering"
Morey cookin tho
kobehighTW.gif