Bouncing idea's πŸ€: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
the main issue is years - on both parties here

players taking up a certain percentage of the cap to maintain the floor? cool.

if you're the bulls, why commit 5 years to that block of spending for a guy who's made essentially no progress. teams sign bloated 1+1 deals all the time to maintain the salary floor. typically for established guys on top of that.

if you're the player, 5 years basically says you're comfortable and you've no plans of ever betting on yourself. dude was a top 5 pick and he's running from his own money.
All I’m saying

Why would a league and owners want to make this type of commitment to players that do not matter
:childplease:

This is some hating ass shyt. Collude against a 22 year old player to not get paid.

:hhh:

Bulls obviously knew some team would probably offer him more. His value was already depressed due to injuries and his role.
hes a bum

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Free Jarace Walker

He's gonna be in G-League going up against Jahlil Okafor in Mexico City in 3 years because he got drafted to a team that doesn't need him anymore.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. What exactly is his path to minutes there with them locking up Siakam and Obi at his position

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All I’m saying

Why would a league and owners want to make this type of commitment to players that do not matter

hes a bum
The Bulls look to be taking a step back. Pat hasn't lived up to expectations, however with a youth movement approaching and then adding Giddey, it makes sense why they value him long term.

More pace and ball movement and youth on the floor should bold well for his game.

Also, the last guy that AK let go of in this situation made an All Star team last year at 25 years old. Coby White also made a leap in year 5. All things considered, they weren't going to give up on him despite the lack of progression.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Does the trade machine work right now with sign and trades? Trying to see if I can cook something up